Reviews for The Guardian
Hitori15 chapter 12 . 1/12/2013
oh, why haven't you updated yet?! I really want to know what happens! Please update! the story is well rounded so far and I hate to see it suspended like so for such a long period of time... Hope to see a new chapter soon!
Dragon Tamer103088 chapter 12 . 10/11/2012
Hey there! Considering you haven't updated this fanfic since 2006, me writing a review is probably pointless...but I'll do it anyway. First of all, I am enjoying this story. Though, while I do agree that you should flesh out characters to give them a history, I'm going to play devils advocate here and state that I can't say I care for that much detail. Detail is good, but considering this isn't listed as an AU fic I didn't really see the point of having so much detail going into an original character. But that's just my opinion, take it or leave it. :D

As far as the summary stating that Kenshin is blinded by poison...I found it odd that he wasn't actually blinded till chapter nine. Quite frankly, it surprised me since I thought that would be the focus of the story. But other than that, I greatly enjoyed reading this story. Hope to see more (even though you've probably abandoned this story).
Silverblueroses chapter 12 . 12/12/2011
I love this fanfic soooo much! update!
Pom Rania chapter 12 . 4/9/2010
Could I have some more please? This is too good of a story to be forgotten.
Jiyoung chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
I liked the first chapter, but there are many things that really need to be worked on. The use of Japanese words are fine, however, it's taking it too far by inserting them in practically every sentence. If you're going to write "Kaoru-dono", then why not Kenshin's "de gozaru" and "sessha" as well? You left out crucial phrases said in Japanese, but you included unimportant words like "iie", "hai", and "arigatou". Also, "demo" is not the only word for "but".

If you're going to use a ton of foreign words, it would help new readers if you put a glossary of the terms you used.

Hirikio Tusume - "tu" is not even in the Japanese alphabet. It is "tsu".
Riyu Mira chapter 12 . 10/4/2008
this is really good, can't wait for the next chap.
Blunablue chapter 12 . 4/29/2008
the story gains more deepness with every chapter... i totally agree with you on your last comment: the original characters need their space to develope or else they are just staffage... you did that very well with Toorima...from the start I got the feeling that there is more about him than just a ruthless murderer... something in his past then...but still there is a gap between him leaving his shishou and being a murderer who kills woman and children that you have to fill... and what will Kenshin make out of his damaged eyesight? I am curious but I fear you'll never update this story again since the last update was two years ago... sad, because the climax would not be very far away, I guess...
GERHDFGN chapter 12 . 7/8/2006
this is a good fic, please update soon, i cant wait ot find out what hppens, i hope kenshin is ok.

luv Faina
Kaotic I. Deas chapter 12 . 6/28/2006
Ah! You haven't updated in forever and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait! I absolutly love your story, it's so good! So if you can find the spare time please update!

Until next chapter!
KaoruKamiya307 chapter 12 . 6/6/2006
Great character build up! I enjoyed learning about Toorima but...I do miss Kenshin! I get that ur developing your characters, but don't ignore Kenshin to long, ok? Great Chapter!
FlameRaven chapter 3 . 4/26/2006
...dude, no. You did NOT just imply a relationship with Tomoe and this assassin guy. No. The only reason someone gets to hate Kenshin for killing Tomoe is if they're Enishi. Argh. .

Also, it's 'kuso', not 'k'so'. Just saying.
FlameRaven chapter 1 . 4/26/2006
...okay, the premise is interesting enough (I'm a sucker for blind fic) that I'll stick with it. But really, did you HAVE to throw all the Japanese into the dialogue? It's like every other word. Now, I speak Japanese, so I understand it, but it's annoying. And if you're going to pepper your sentences with Japanese, why didn't you choose to use de gozaro instead of the poor dub substitute, 'that it is'? Consistency would be nice.
Miss Elizabeth Blakeney chapter 12 . 3/26/2006
Please post a new chapter soon! Kenshin without his eye site is bad! I have to find out what happens! Great story so far.
Kai-dono chapter 12 . 2/10/2006
Aw, poor Kenshin! I can hardly stand to imagine him that way, it's just too sad. ;; But it makes for a gripping story. *tries not to pull attention to the fact that she is one of the torch and pitchfork-wielding readers calling for more Kaoru and Kenshin* xD Naw, I kid, this story is going fine so far, please continue, and I'll keep reviewing!
Brittanie Love chapter 12 . 1/31/2006
Great chapter. Update soon!