Reviews for The Life of HJR Skinner
wild-springflower chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
lol, i loved this! its so funny! i literally burst out laughing in the beginning when Skinner refered the the Nautilus as a canoe, something he could totally do but Nemo would kill him if he ever heard it! :) anywho, amazing job, i liked it. i havent read a lot of back story on Skinner and while it is WAY different than what i had come up with it was still really good. only one complaint, there were a lot of errors through out the piece. other than that, wonderful!
rodneyskinnerfan chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
hi so i read your story and i loved it there are not many skinner story's so your story adds on too the few thar there are i liked how you had griffin in the story i also injoyed the details you put in like skinner's b day humm so if it is 1889 that whould make him...*writes down bunch of math stuff* he whould be 29 years old by my figureing besides a few grammer and spelling mistakes this story was realy good keep up the good work cheers my freaky darlings ;)
Andrea Churchill chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
Not bad. I like how you added Hawley into this. I havent really read anything about the first invisible man. I love him so much, the book by HG Wells is amazing. I read it 2x. Hehe. :D

Nice, and interesting take on Rodney's backround. It's a shame we didnt get to know too much about him, compared to the rest of the league. I think thats what makes him mysterious, though. The fact that we dont know anything about him adds to his rogueish character.

Though, I'd work on your grammar. A few mispelled words here and there. But overall it was pretty good!

cool k chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
i am a big fan of skinner he is not only cool but hot too! i am a super fan
Jess chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
This was a really good story, an interesting read. However, there are a LOT of spelling and grammar mistakes which makes the story a bit hard to read. I would suggest using a spellchecker, or asking someone else to proofread your story. I would be happy to do it if you'd like. Besides the spelling/grammar mistakes, good job! I like it. :)
light chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
There's too few fanfics with Hawley Griffin included,I say!

I think this is a really nice story. So what if the movie said Skinner stole it?(it was horrible anyway) He could have been given it by Griffin and didn't want to tell the others about it. He barely knew them. I like that all the facts about Griffin were correct. Some people just don't care too check.

The only negative I have to say is that this story could have been a lot better if you did a spell check. And I think the town Griffin lived in was called Iping, or am I wrong?

Carry on with the Invisible Man the First related stories!:)
Tollivandi Silverwing chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
Bravo for remembering the thing about white objects. sorry i couldn't finish it. maybe later
Rei Nokato chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
e 'the Hawley full of ambition I loved.'

Firstly, a good read, except some stuff mixed up. Firstly, Skinner isn't albino. Secondly, Skinner STOLE the elixir. And also... uhm, yeah. x x Nevermind. 'twas a good read, that's all that matters. - Keep it up! :D
elenrod chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
that was good

lots and lots of mispellings but other than that it was good