Reviews for Touch the Air Softly
Five Shades chapter 12 . 8/6
I know it's been 11 years since you wrote this...but I wanted to comment anyway.

I've read this entire story in one go, and in the best possible way a storyteller can do, you have destroyed me. I chose this chapter to leave my review, because it's gorgeous and fragile, hopeful and full of anguish. The story is marked as humor, and while I found it humorous in places, it strikes me as the most poignant sort of story that brings together two unlikely people, exploring their vulnerabilities and flaws. Perpetually lonely and marred by darkness Snape...and optimistic, innocent little Hermione. I never thought I would enjoy such a ship...but you told their story in a way that respected the characters. It was stunning.

One of the parts that really was well done was the part where Severus insults Hermione about her hair...and she flawlessly shines a light on this character flaw by firing right back, in such a way that he feels remorse for behaving in such a way. It's a lovely bit of development and shows his innate sensitivity.

While the ending left me gasping, and it's not the type of satisfying ending I was longing for, it told enough. Severus and Hermione deserve this. Her spellcraft is too accomplished to have made a mistake with the port-key. If your intention was for them to not get to live out the love they have so vividly dreamed, then you intend the worst sort of Shakesperean torture for our poor Hermione. Still tragically romantic...but excruciatingly painful. Such pure love should be realized to its grow old together with a gaggle of grandchildren glory.

I've also enjoyed your treatment of my favorite brooding and leather-clad Doctor. It's a treat to find a writer of fanfic as gifted who loves my fandoms as much as me. Well done!
readinggirl14 chapter 21 . 2/2
wait what, the story stands as complete, but this cant be the end, its not finished yet ;'(
marisamarinee chapter 21 . 4/4/2015
Loved the open endedness of this story! Enjoyed it!
marisamarinee chapter 17 . 4/3/2015
Jeeze. Thanks for making me cry :')
marisamarinee chapter 5 . 4/2/2015
Poor girl, she finally snapped
marisamarinee chapter 2 . 4/2/2015
Ah! So it's not glowing now because it's not a crush anymore!
marisamarinee chapter 1 . 4/2/2015
I love this concept. Can't wait to find out more.
TrixieNancy124 chapter 21 . 3/20/2015
Oh gosh...such a cliffhangers ending! Really enjoyed this story, read if from cover to cover in one sitting! Great work!
Danikae chapter 2 . 7/4/2014
You would assume correct children must be 11 by September first or they will have to wait a whole another year.
Jamelia098 chapter 21 . 4/5/2014
loved it, but confused, what? is there a sequel?
thanks :))
Guest chapter 21 . 4/1/2014
Beautiful story...Great writing...but a cope-out of a ending. I did love the line; "You're my first love, Daddy, forever."!
xyz chapter 21 . 1/1/2014
I am floored.

I do not know if I hate or love you for that ending...

The writing style interesting to read the story hard to put down.

Though I do not know if I like the style or not. I had to read parts twice. As you made it hard for us as well as those two to differentiate between dreams and reality.

Thank you for sharing.
carrieboo chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
I read a lot of Fanfic as I am a very fast reader and too broke to buy enough literature to stay satisfied. I have to tell you that the first line of this fic is my all time favorite. I happened across your story again tonight and felt compelled to let you know that. Thanks for writing! :)
odogoddess chapter 21 . 6/17/2013
Beautiful story & a wonderful way to end it. Will be recommending this to others.
NabikiB chapter 5 . 3/1/2013
No, it's not out of character if you remember that as a double agent, Sev walked a very thin line. He absolutely had to convince Harry and Co. that he hated Harry...He's a good actor and I expect that's why casting selected who they did for that role. If you have this set as an AU post DH, then he no longer has to do that...but years of habit are not easy to shed.

It's perfectly understandable.

Well, it is when you're 50-year-old grandmother and have several grown children some of which are girls.