Reviews for The Photogenic Captain
Megagalvatron12 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
good story
DonutHobbes chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
GREAT story! Thanks for writing such a fantastic one for Harriman! I'm surprised he doesn't have more. So much potential! I hope to see more like this!
hungryjunco chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
This is well written and quite insightful. If your longer stories are of the same caliber as this vignette I'm sure I'll enjoy your book.
Cory Anne Stickel chapter 1 . 2/21/2005
GREAT STORY! FINALLY: something that deals with what Harriman must have been going through. I'm tired of hearing that he's "the guy who killed Kirk," (I beg to differ. He didn't force Kirk to go down to Deck 15, it wasn't his fault Enterprise-B was just out for a quick "run around the block," etc.), and I think your story did a FANTASTIC job of breaking that stereotype.

Keep writing. I'd love to see some more stories that deal with this lesser-known Captain and his crew.
Lady Iapetus Roving Wanderer chapter 1 . 10/11/2001
Remarkable. Absolutely remarkable. And nice job throwing the "Spanish Inquisition" bit from Monty Python in there.
Krys Kujawa chapter 1 . 4/21/2001
An excellent story, but with two slight setbacks in my opinion. Yes, Captain Harriman would be close to insanity having lost a legend like Captain Kirk on his first command. Yes, it's possible that Captain Harriman could have been brought back from the brink by his close friend. Yes, he could have got straight back to work. But here's problem number one. "Every ship that has approached the ribbon has either been destroyed of severely damaged" said Data. That includes the Enterprise-B. There is no way that it would have been repaired so quickly. There would be many Tuesdays still to come. Severely damaged to me means several weeks or even months in spacedock for repairs. If it were not damaged beyond repair. But I'm guessing with such a new ship they wouls have repaired it eventually. And they would have got underway. But who would be on board? Problem number two. No one in their right mind would work with Harriman. After all, he managed to do what no Klingon, Romulan or ex-lover had been able to do. He had killed James Kirk. People would avoid working with him like the plague. And Starfleet would quickly realise that, and replace him as Captain of the Enterprise. A ship with no crew is no ship at all.

But maybe I'm being over critical of the story. It's a good insight into a fairly small and unknown, but important character in the Star Trek universe, as well as being an insight into how one man deals with death that he thinks he caused, and also an insight into how you live up to someone elses reputation.
Fanboyimus Prime chapter 1 . 2/27/2001