Reviews for While you were sleeping
zArkham chapter 21 . 2/13
I realize this story is all done but coming to this chapter, I felt I need to write. This is an interesting fic but it's too bad you're done with it. I like AU takes but in this fic's case I think it would have been stronger if more canon elements were in it. From the dates of this fic, most of Book 6 & 7 hadn't been released.

In this fic, Harry's hatred of Draco would be more understandable if Book 6 happened even if the events of Book 7 were changed. It would highlight why Harry's view of Draco would be more than just the earlier issues with him. Too many people forget how JKR blithely seemed to expect us to forget that Draco A.) Used the Imperious Curse on Rosemerta, B.) Almost caused Katie Bell to die, C.) Almost caused Ron to die, D.) Let DE's into the castle which could have result in many deaths if not for the Felix Felicity potion.

So much of Draco's "redemption" is more of "Oh boo-hoo, the Dark Lord is treating us poorly and I'm only now understanding how precarious my position in things really is." To Harry POV in this story, it would be quite clear that Draco got away with multiple counts of attempted murder. Plus, what *does* Voldemort require of those who he marks?

Anyway, just saying that as much as Book 6 & 7 had major issues, a lot of the things in it could have made this fic stronger. As it is, it just seems like everyone else matured and Harry hasn't when it may very well be that the adults, in their drive to 'get over' the war allowed themselves to forget parts of it.

This wouldn't surprise me. From my own experience with my combat time and my research, it seemed my grandfather's generation did it with WW II. They fought, they won and then they mostly strove to ignore that the war ever happened because if they didn't, they'd have to deal with it.
Muggles chapter 42 . 2/11
Wonderful story! I loved Kate and your other OCs!
Miss Eliza Azraelian chapter 7 . 12/4/2013
If it's only been seven years... how come Ron & Hermione have a thirteen year old son?
Vanessa Oliveira chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Ele agora tem quantos anos? E o confronto que ele teve com o Voldemort foi a batalha final?
0.0-MIDNIGHTROSE-0.0 chapter 42 . 7/27/2013
I loved this story! great job!
FreelanceBum chapter 3 . 6/4/2013
I hate Draco with any of the Gryffindors, he simply does unforgivable things but the fan based with Draco in leather pants disgusts me. Why not Zach Smith? He was a giant dick, and could conceivably be forgiven.
FreelanceBum chapter 2 . 6/4/2013
Disgusting.
mandy-madgirl chapter 42 . 4/14/2013
A great emotional journey which had the best harry/oc pairing I've ever read that was believable and had so many family moments that we all have at some point(without the wands though!) and all the dramatic fights that had me laughing out loud just because it was so true to the characters. A truly enjoyable story.
GinnyW1981 chapter 42 . 2/17/2013
very well thought-out story... characters and plots very believable... one of my favorite's now :)
Yodes chapter 42 . 11/24/2012
Loved this story! :)
Inferius1957 chapter 42 . 10/8/2012
This was a stupendous story, excellent story plot, awesome characture portrayals. this story just seem to flow from one chapter to the next...took me two 1/2 days to get through it...loved every minute.
This epic is going into my story favorite vault for safe keeping.

]-)
CazPeak chapter 42 . 10/5/2012
Dunno - this story just didn't do it for me. Tried to get to the point where I liked it, because it was an interesting idea and some decent plot twists - but at the end of the day, it just manufactured. And if I'm being honest, a bit like the author wanted to insert herself into the story in the role of Kate.

Maybe I'm wrong and thats not what happened - but "Kate" is this somehow perfect character who becomes friends with the Weasleys and is accepted by them as part of the family while nursing the hero? Then, when Harry feels cranky, she's completely unprofessional - swearing at him and telling him to stop being such a prat... and guess what - its exactly what he needs! Then Ron asks her to join them for dancing, and because she's strictly professional, she goes. And invites him back to her place at 2.00am. For Tea. Because she's professional. Which is what she tells her emotional sister when she bursts in crying about her breakup - which is completely forgotten when she realises that its Harry Potter. For a strictly professional cup of tea.

It just all feels false. And that feeling just never seems to go away.

I guess that I'm trying to say that while it has all the components of a good story, it just never managed to cross into "believable" territory for me. Characters were just a bit too OOC - I realise that its an AU, but they were still OOC in that context. The Kate character just kind of pushed it over the top. At least for me.

As an aside, would recommend updating your descriptor tags or indicate in your summary that this is a Harry/OC story. While its pretty obvious you were going that route fairly soon in the story, it would have been nice to know thats what it was up front.
LilithL2 chapter 42 . 6/23/2012
this was without any doubt one of the best fanfics I ever read. And you know why? because it feel "real". Sometimes when I read some stories, i love some of the amazing things the characters do, but, it doesn't feel real, like if this situation happen, can believe Harry is doing that? and most of the times, the answer is no.

I loved Harry's anger, Draco actitude, Kate and Harry slowly falling in to each other but one of the best things of this fanfic is how well Harry/Hermione/Ron act arround each other, they love without falling in love, they are "the trio", the brothers, the best friends.

Sometimes when you see H/Hr interact, you can feel love but the writer doesn't know how to separate the two kinds of love without making their relationship too cold or too hot. Sometimes they feel like strangers and others, like they are about to kiss. So I congratulate you for working "the trio" so well.

congratulations for this fantastic story! :)
Multitaskmom chapter 14 . 4/7/2012
Ginny and Draco are SERIOUSLY pissing me off. They are nuts and ridiculous to think it should just be "okay" for Harry. And Draco wants Harry to accept him? Yeah right. He's still acting like the stupid teenager he was when he's supposed to be all grown up. I don't understand why Ginny is forgiving him so easily for being such a jerk. And frankly, Ginny needs to grow up and accept some flack from Harry too without making him feel guilty for it. If Draco really changed, then I would expect him to make MORE effort than Harry.

And all that is to say, I love the story and am so emotionally invested (even when that doesn't happen very often anymore with all the fanfic I've read) that I want to walk into the story and give the characters a piece of my mind. :) Thanks for writing and for sharing it.
JlovesGaara chapter 42 . 3/3/2012
Oh. My. God, what an amazing journey you have taken me on. I actually liked that you skipped ahead a few years. It was nice to see how the families settled into their roles and how the kids grew up. It was awesome! I am so glad you had Kate and Harry hook up, that was amazing and very original because I love stories that have an OC relationship. It makes things very refreshing. I am so glad I found this story, because I feel like a happier person now that I have read it. It also really makes me want to find the man of my dreams and ride off into the sunset. Fantastic job and I wish you luck on all your future writing. Love ya!
1,260 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »