Reviews for The Devil You Know
Hyjinxe chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
Wow. I'm speechless and for good reason! This series of stories that you have here is brilliant. You are a wonderful writer, with a charming style, and interesting humor. I found this trilogy only about a week ago, and I've already finished. You can bet that such a feat involved a lot of reading during lectures and getting in trouble with professors, but I haven't been quite able to pull myself away. Just, bravo.
I think that your characterization of Yuffie and Reno is simply delightful, and I found myself snickering out loud through most of their banter. The action scenes you've portrayed have been nothing but stellar, and I was ecstatic with the extent to which I was able to picture exactly what was happening at any given moment. With the first three chapter of this last story, though, I think you've outdone yourself already. I'm itching to find out what happens next, and I'm slowly becoming increasingly horrified that the last time you've updated was, -checks-,...2006? Ouch.
I'm sure I'm not the first nor the last who will plead with you to update, but I'll engage the activity, nonetheless. So how do you want it? A painful dose of groveling or something a bit more withheld? Either way, though, it'd be a horrible shame if you didn't come back to finish this story. If you're stuck, I'm sure you have many a volunteer, me included, to bounce ideas off of. I'd be absolutely delighted if I could be of some assistance. Getting back into a thing like writing isn't always the most pleasant process, but if you have someone there along for the ride, it might not be as bad as you think. Besides, a nostalgic activity can alleviate stress better than you might imagine...trust me.
But, hey, haha, if finishing the stories is too bothersome, how about just a one paragraph run down of what you were thinking would happen? (Yeah, yeah, I know, curiosity kills kittens and all that happy bloody jazz, but I really am curious.)
I'll be checking back, and I would love to hear from you! I hope you're doing well and enjoying whatever it is that you're doing well.
Cheers!
Moro Sable-sama chapter 3 . 4/14/2011
*huge review*

H-H-Holy... I read WoM in a day, SaSM in two, and... I well, squealed at each and every bit of cleverly-crafted Reffie scenes, complete with a feeling of deep humanity I didn't think I could find in the game itself (and, whilst Reno had lines in AC/ACC, which levelled him out to being just a playful, overly-loyal snarker than a guy who is heartless enough to kill X (how many people were in Sector 7?) amount of people; Yuffie hardly got any lines; and I'm glad this series made them a bit more... realistic. A bit more close to reality than I could have ever written out, actually! Lemmie repeat that - EVER. :D

Your series, is undoubtedly, one of the best, if not, THE best of fanfics I've found in my bored scours of .

I do look forward hopefully to more chapters; and also how you deal with the whole thing of the party and perhaps future Reffie scenes. I really do hope so. I'm a hopeless Reffie fan at heart.

Elena vs Reno regarding chips was freakin' brilliant! Yes~! *air punch* And wait, did Yuffie even give Eric her name?...

I find myself hating myself for getting too caught up in love of this fanfic. *sigh* Please update soon, though I understand if ya don't, because stuff is busy and writer's block... etc. Well, I don't have a solution; but I admire the problem. :)
Regin chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
I Like, I Lust, I Love!Please Update Soon!
Jillian Leonhart chapter 3 . 12/8/2007
Come one...

Update willyou...

And,i think youre chapter is way too long...

I like the story though...

Just make it a litle shorter please
Insufferabler R chapter 3 . 10/23/2007
Ah, a delightful trilogy. I must say, I've enjoyed absolutely every minute of it. Please forgive the belated (procrastination has always been my forte) review, but accept it nontheless )

The characterization, first off, is right on the dot. Whether it's Reno, Yuffie, Elena, Rude, or any other characters inolved, I can almost picture them doing whatever actions you're describing (or saying whatever you're dictating them to say). In any case, actions and reactions are wonderful!

The plot...there's too much good stuff that needs to be said about it, and not enough brain power on my side to formulate it at the moment. However, I will say that, well, reading the trilogy was like sitting through an action-packed, entertaining adventure movie. (The political incorrectness of some comments only adds to the charm, of course!)

And your stories are wonderfully eloquent, including correct punctuation, which is, unfortunately, a pet peeve with me ;) And only to add to the eloquence, everything flows and eveything ties together at the end.

A job most certainly well done!

Well, now that I've incorrectly put you under the assumption that I'm not going to be particularly wordy, I'll stop ) I do, however, hope you continue this. It'd most certainly be a waste of time and effort not to finish. But, I guess, as you will. It'd be nice to know if you are thinking of finishing it or not, though. Don't keep readers in suspense; that's just mean :D

Again, a wonderful piece fiction.

-Red.
Ruby chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
I love your stories! Great Chapter! Please update!
Shroud of Twilight chapter 3 . 4/23/2007
Cool story! You should update it!
Calaeris chapter 3 . 4/4/2007
This is a really, really late review. But hey, this is the third time I've read the series so I thought it was only polite XD

First, the whine: Please update! Even if it is in another year...

Second, the review: This is really well written, and I enjoy the relationship that's developing between Yuffie and Reno (even if it is slighty unorthadox, it suits them perfectly). Thank you for writing as much as you have done - it's occupied me happily enough :)
FeyrisNyanNyan chapter 3 . 11/27/2006
Aw, please don't just stop there! It's such a good story and this review might be like mighty~ late, but do continue to write! Please? I swear there are so many people waiting for your next chapter out there! :P
Living in a fantasy chapter 3 . 11/3/2006
You know by this time I've read every one of your stories. That's right, ever final fantasy one at least. They're amazing you know. I read...which one...I forgot the title, but the first one in this 3 part series months ago, and I STILL remember the plot points because it was so good. This story is off to a good start so far, a bit slower into the action but by now your stories don't need it. This is like a review for all your stories in one actually. I like the long chapters, and the humor elements. I just finished...the 2nd story (I don't pay much attention to titles) tonight and that one was really good, but still the most memerable part is the first few chapters of the first story.

ANYWAY it hasn't been a year yet, but it IS cutting it kinda close. You planning to update this? I hope so since your stories are very good. I'll put this on alert in case you do update (which you should)

Although I have no room to be talking about updating since I haven't worked on any stories for a while but still...I will...eventually...I just have no FF stories and that's my obsession right now.

Anyway I'm gonna stop talking now.
Re chapter 3 . 9/6/2006
Over the past week, I have read all three of this series of fics. Twice! And I've loved them all the more. The action and the suspense in a lot of the chapters had me pretty much glued to my monitor; a testiment of which is the fact that a lot of the time, I ended up going to bed at around 6am because I just didn't want to stop reading.

Your characterization of Reno is amazing! He's such a cocky little bastard, but you've succesfully added other dimensions to his personality without destroying it at all. You've only managed to make it better- his concern of Yuffie, however much he may not like it, is an example! And the more 'human' aspects beneath everything else is wonderful.

And Yuffie, as well! Clumsy little kleptomanic ninja, I love how unsure of herself she can be when she's with the Turks, butat the same time how she slowly seems to be getting more used to them. It'll be great to see what goes off when Cloud and those lot find out whats been going on. The dress shopping scene was absolute love! Reno torments her so... But I reckon she'd miss it so much if it suddenly stopped. Their banter is amazingly funny, but it adds depth, as well. Like when Yuffie accidently treds onto sore ground.

I loved the scene in SaSM when Yuffie tried to wake Reno up from his nightmare. That one sticks out a lot to me... AND! I'd be interested to see what went down if it was Yuffie who was the one who got a bullet in the side or something! As if they haven't been tormented enough, hehe.

Anyway! I know its been an awful long time since you last updated, but I'm still reviewing anyway. One, because you're an absolutely amazing writer and an inspiration to the FFVII Reffie writers, and Two, because this is the best series of fics I've ever read. I don't toss out compliments like that offhand, either! Your continuity skills are something to be worshipped. Oh, and three because you actually have the ability to write good, non-obtrusive OCs. Even your villains are great, even if I wanted to kill them at the same time. They're all so natural!

Whoop! Here's hoping to an update, too. 3
Rosz-chan chapter 3 . 8/21/2006
About a couple of nights ago, I came across Word of Mouth and stayed up the whole night finishing it. This process repeated itself the next night with Smoke and Shattered Mirrors- well, up until my laptop crashed, which left me extremely ansty, as I hadn't finished the last chapter. I loved- love, still- both of those. It's only now that I've felt like reviewing.

With only three chapters, TDYK has met and gone above my expectations. I thank you for writing such wicked Reffie fiction. It's been nearly half a year since chapter 3, but I think the wait for the next chapter will be worth it.

I hope that you will, eventually, finish this story. But even if you don't, I'll just... re-read the prequels. Because I think you're (and your writing is) wicked like that, nyah.
youreabag13 chapter 3 . 8/18/2006
I recently read and LOVED Word of Mouth and Smoke and Shattered Mirrors; this looks like it's going to be as good or better once you really get the ball rolling. I'm particularly fond of the way that you are setting up Reno and Yuffie, without making it some horrible romance fic. You are an excellent writer and your fanfiction, aside from being extremely entertaining (and humourous, despite your protests otherwise), is also easy on the eyes and brain - it really flows well. I notice you haven't updated for a while... I hope it's due to being busy and not to lost interest - it would be a real shame to not see this fic completed. Keep up the awesome work! _
Unknown0190 chapter 3 . 8/10/2006
Your writing has definately improved not that i didn't like your other stories just that this one is better than the others. You have good plot ideas and carry them out well. Just a tip though, i loved your stories but is it mabye possible that u could develop the plot a little more. i wish u would update more often there aren't many stories i really enjoy out there, and most of them are forgotten by their authors i hope this isn't one of them, i really like this story. please update soon. one question: are reno and yuffie ever going to get together? :)
Klhea chapter 3 . 8/8/2006
Rah, suddenly on a sort of Reno and Yuff HIGH I managed to read up to here, and the previous two fics concerning this one in the past two days. GOD, possibly some of the best fanfiction I've ever read, and I've read a bajillion. You're an absolute genius and I love you in that sort of way that a person you've never met before can possibly do. I don't really know what I'm talking about now but pshaww.

I'm very intrigued as to how Yuffie will survive her driving ;DD