Reviews for Of Waning Hope
SunnyStorms chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I remember stumbling on this story years ago, at FIA I believe, and I still love it now.

From when she lifted the box to the end just about kills me. *Sniffs* This detail in particular: "It looked almost new, except the ends were a little worn as though it had often been rubbed between fingers throughout the years." - I love when a little detail like that says so much more. T.T

It's been so long, but if you ever write more DG, I'd love to read it! And Merlin, I'd love to see a continuation to this one (yes, even though I know chances of that are slim with this being written a gazillion years ago). Though it's beautifully sad and poignant as it is too.
Ha'niqua chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
What? That's IT? Why would you DO THIS TO ME?

This needs a sequel, badly, even if it was written about a hundred (okay, ten) years ago. I just, ugh. So many things left unsaid! It's really perfect, despite twelve year old Draco's slight OOCness, which I didn't actually mind at all.

I just want her to go and tell him that he's an idiot and to keep the stupid ribbon, and them somehow coming to an understanding, or something. Anything!

Great job. ;)
Anna Scathach chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
Sad. Depressing to see how little the world changes. This is heart-breaking, heart-breakingly beautiful and very well done - the characterizations were spot-on and suited your purpose nicely.
Ella Not Lotte chapter 1 . 10/11/2009
Aww. It's so sad! It made me very sad, and now I must go listen to happy music to cure myself of the melancholy.

I love your prose, especially at the very beginning. My favorite example of it is:

"They all came together in what he could only describe as unbearable noise. The kind that crawled into your ear and rotted, leaving behind an echoing stink. It was the same everyday and he began to wonder when he would finally go insane."

I loved Draco's characterization, and I really liked Ginny's, though we don't see a huge amount of it. I thought that the fact that her ribbon was the Slytherin colors was very ironic.

And especially I loved how it explains that Harry's 'good' actions are what drive Draco to become a Death Eater. It sort of puts everything into perspective- Harry thinks Draco's becoming a Death Eater because he's a sleaze, but it's really because Harry bested Lucius Malfoy, and so now Voldemort has to a) punish the Malfoys and b) have the Malfoy head of household in his inner circle. I'd never thought of it that way.

Basically, that was my way of saying that I really enjoyed this.

-Ella
tinyriot chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
I love this story so much. You've seamlessly incorporated cannon material which is always a plus in my opinion. Draco's POV was very well done. I felt his despair and anger towards his uncontrollable situation in life. Ginny's thoughts were lovely as well. The flashback to their first encounter was very believable and it was bittersweet of Ginny to find out after so many years that Draco did care about her. I'm a little upset that Ginny seemed to have given up hope and in my mind willed her to run after Draco when he left the Great Hall.
Magnus chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Its been years since I've really taken a look around but I saw the link, and the DM/GW and I thought...why not?

And I"m glad I did. Angst isn't one of my favorites, but you capture the characters so much, its painful to continue reading and impossiable to stop yourself from seeing it through.

Draco Malfoy isn't a nice person, never that. Hes to complex and simply to dark to ever be the 'hero', or even as the books themselves lead us to see, to simply throw him in with the 'villians'.

He doesn't seem to have a place, not one that he fits into seemlessly. And he knows it.

As for Ginny...A Waning Hope is the perfect title for this story, and her feelings regarding Draco.

I geuss one could say, 'what if', or 'what could have been'.

But its simply not true. They could never have 'been'. I geuss thats why people enjoy the pairing, or pairing such different characters. People love an underdog story.

And thats what DM/GW is, the underdog pairing.

Anyway, I want you to know how much I enjoy'd you story. It was something interesting for me to read.

): )
Garden Spade chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Um, LOVED IT! It was so beautiful, so sad and so AWESOME!
LiliaE chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Oh wow. Just wow. That was so sad and wonderful at the same time. *sniffs* I wish there was more!
jandjsalmon chapter 1 . 3/10/2006
Ohh... too heartbreaking... She should never give up hope...
Lynzy chapter 1 . 2/16/2006
that was simply amazing! more, more!
Chrysanthemum3 chapter 1 . 12/22/2005
I don't get it. What happened? Did they get together? \ All in all, it was a great story. D
Suzanne chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
Congratulations on winning the best one-shot fanfic award! This fic really deserved it. I know it's supposed to be a one shot ff but I wonder if you will consider writing more from the same plot? It's really good and I'd love to read more of your work! Keep up the great job Tea's!
Aqua Blue chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Aww, so sad, but still well written. The only person to ever see him smile that way, huh?

*Aqua Blue
A fan chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
You should write more about Ginny and Draco. I liked this one very much.
PhoenixRae chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
aw...that was sad. well done! i liked it! bittersweet, just the way i like it! *LOL*