Reviews for Harry Potter and the Curse of the Damned
Hopelessfan chapter 14 . 10/2/2017
Now i can laugh freely (great name btw) knowing that tge story is finished. Also well done with the harry ginny interactions Maybe wishful thinking but i always knew they would be one of those couples who are going to tease each other and make erm... interesting comment about erm things like wand in pockets heh so all in all great job
Appleater chapter 10 . 9/29/2017
Hi,

I'm really loving this series and especially how well you're holding the plot over length.

Just in case you write fic in the future (I know this was written over a decade ago), I thought I'd mention 'luv' as pet name. I have to admit, it jerks me a bit from the story every time I see it.

'Luv' is simply a phonetic spelling of 'love'. You might see it written as 'luv' in a text message (much like "u") but you definitely can't hear the difference between 'luv' and 'love' because it implies accent. So, if you're already using phonetic spelling for a character's voice, then its out of place in prose. 'Luv' might indicate towards that but because it's that person's accent, the listener wouldn't distinguish between 'luv' and 'love'.

Where it is logged as a difference (context driven, rather than as an actual word), 'luv' implies less closeness than 'I love you'. In fact, people using it are likely to call everyone from a women at a bar to a customer at a shop as 'luv'.

In terms of region, people in the North (e.g., Yorkshire - but dialects vary from city to city here and it sounds wrong if you use the wrong one) are likely to call people 'love', 'duck', etc. Often 'luv' can imply an East End accent (think cockney)/working class inner London. For example, it would fit for Mundungus to say love. (Northern areas pronounced love very differently to inner London, however).

Although the West Country are closer in speech to 'the North' than the South East, it doesn't fit that the Weasleys would use 'luv'. I think the closest you could get would be 'luver'/lover (e.g., 'my lover' though the phonetic spelling is redundant in the UK because 'my lover' is very regionally specific and accented, one of those 'read it in an accent phrases'). However, although it's used very heavily it's also the stereotype of an area so I'd be wary of using it unless you're confident with the West Country dialect and tbh we don't see any of the Weasleys using WC dialect. Much like love, it also addresses total strangers.
cmfisher chapter 33 . 7/5/2017
Wonderful story. thank you so much. Usually alot of the stories show Ginny as being childish. this one was not again thank you so so much
merula46 chapter 33 . 6/24/2017
this was an amazing story. I really truly enjoyed thiskeep up the good work
Revliledpembroke chapter 33 . 6/18/2017
This story feels like a middle 70s to upper 80s in the good percentile. It's enough that I like it, but that I probably won't mass recommend to my friends. It's good, but otherwise forgettable.

You fell into a pattern. Harry and friends would go out, Harry and friends would be attacked, someone would be seriously injured/killed, and Harry blames himself. Hestia, Charlie, Jonathon, Kingsley, Dumbledore, and likely others. There wasn't a single moment where Harry could enjoy himself while going out, and that got a little tiring after a while. Even events where the obscurity and randomness of it all should have kept them safe, they were almost immediately targeted.

It also leads to all of those events being haphazardly remembered, because most of them are identical to each other. Whether at the mall/arcade, the beach, or wherever, "Harry and Co. have fun until the Death Eaters manage to find where they are and attack, injuring or killing someone in the process. Everyone spends the next chapter grieving, worried, or barely remembering that that auror was killed off/onscreen."

Like the characters though.
Revliledpembroke chapter 20 . 6/18/2017
Yes, the prophecy mentions one killing the other, but that doesn't mean Avada Kedavra is what will be used. Diffindo would work just as well. So would a knife.
Revliledpembroke chapter 17 . 6/17/2017
I never did like using non-lethal spells in a WAR. Because, you know, they can get their friends back up in no time, and they'll be fighting fit with just a single spell. But a dead enemy ain't an enemy no more.
mumphie chapter 33 . 6/10/2017
I just finished your story and it's predecessor. I love your story line and your ideas. I know you wrote this before many of the cannon ideas came to light. You know? I like many of your ideas better than JK's! Keep up the good work.
Reuben Beacham chapter 31 . 5/26/2017
I liked it but I think Harry really should have been an Auror. But this is just my opinion
Guest chapter 25 . 5/23/2017
You are awesome. You predicted Dumbledore's death too?
Guest chapter 25 . 5/23/2017
Was this really written back in 2004/2005? And you knew about Neville/Hannah? I'm amazed. Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione were obvious since first two books but it's amazing that you predicted so much more.
Guest chapter 10 . 5/23/2017
When I'm reading fanfiction that was written before release of all books I wish I would be able to read Harry Potter books as they aired and try to guess what will happen and see if I was right. Because your story despite obviously being different guessed so many things (like this chapter where Weasley died even though not the same Weasley). On the other hand I was able to read all books and didn't have to wait years for books to come out.
Talonwalker chapter 33 . 4/2/2017
Great story, thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/29/2017
Literally the best fanfiction that I've ever read, i just feel sad for it being over. But it ended like it should have ended... Please make more fanfiction you are a natural talent.
Tenblood chapter 33 . 2/1/2017
I loved this story, thank you so much for writing it!
2,109 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »