Reviews for Harry Potter and the Curse of the Damned
GinnyWeasleyfan chapter 30 . 10/14
I feel like its a book .Awesome ! I read all of it and PoE as well. Good for you GinnyWeasleyfan
OnlyTimeWillTell chapter 33 . 10/13
I’ve been reading on this site for a decade and a half and somehow NEVER came across these two fics. I only found the first half, PoE from just googling “best Harry Potter FanFiction”. I am SO glad that I found these and I enjoyed them immensely. Love your portrayal of harry and Dumbledore’s relationship, and the way you treated Harry’s mental illness. Not many complaints from me with regard to plot points. I was also astonished, while reading, with how many small details you actually predicted correctly! I won’t spoil the story here in the comments for anyone who is considering reading this. I am thinking this story is going to end up in my personal top 5 best Harry Potter FF I’ve read, ever. Just amazing.
IsolatedTruffle chapter 1 . 8/7
This story has me conflicted unlike any I have previously read. One the one hand, the writing is superb overall and, as a whole, is obviously lovingly moderated. However, I cannot stand the mixture of both emotional stupidity and inherently pathetic nature of your Harry. It is truly astounding that, in over half a million words (including the previous novel), Harry has yet to have any progression in either his emotional maturity or his ability to accept the love of those around him. Yes, I understand the impact of such extensive emotional trauma, but never in any of my reading, both of cannon and fanfiction, have I read of a character so emotionally stunted and frustratingly weak. Whilst I would recommend the first novel in this series to anyone, this book is more a catalogue of loss and angst than it is a tale of Voldermort's defeat by the Boy Who Lived.
bethb1973 chapter 6 . 7/30
Pumpkin Pie is a big dessert item in the US on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love it and so does my one autistic son {oddly enough} I have to say you must get one without too much cinnamon or cloves otherwise it's not good even if you add a sh*t ton of Cool Whip on top! I prefer it plain but my boy loves it with CW.
I read the first story and it kept me awake many nights and it's looking like this one will be the same way. I found FF late so this story is already complete thank goodness, I don't have to wait! You are an amazing writer and I am so impressed. Thank you so much for writing things your way, I am loving it! Keep it up, you are awesome!
plumbknot57 chapter 33 . 7/23
Great story the fights were very exciting the losses were very real to me thanks for the story
QueenHufflepuff01 chapter 33 . 5/5
The epilogue was really amazing! I really really enjoyed all of your story
QueenHufflepuff01 chapter 33 . 5/5
absolutely amazing! i love all of it!
vickety chapter 33 . 2/10
Thanks for this wonderful story! I like how you dealt with the "power" of Harry's. I enjoyed the epilogue a lot too.
Hopelessfan chapter 14 . 10/2/2017
Now i can laugh freely (great name btw) knowing that tge story is finished. Also well done with the harry ginny interactions Maybe wishful thinking but i always knew they would be one of those couples who are going to tease each other and make erm... interesting comment about erm things like wand in pockets heh so all in all great job
Appleater chapter 10 . 9/29/2017
Hi,

I'm really loving this series and especially how well you're holding the plot over length.

Just in case you write fic in the future (I know this was written over a decade ago), I thought I'd mention 'luv' as pet name. I have to admit, it jerks me a bit from the story every time I see it.

'Luv' is simply a phonetic spelling of 'love'. You might see it written as 'luv' in a text message (much like "u") but you definitely can't hear the difference between 'luv' and 'love' because it implies accent. So, if you're already using phonetic spelling for a character's voice, then its out of place in prose. 'Luv' might indicate towards that but because it's that person's accent, the listener wouldn't distinguish between 'luv' and 'love'.

Where it is logged as a difference (context driven, rather than as an actual word), 'luv' implies less closeness than 'I love you'. In fact, people using it are likely to call everyone from a women at a bar to a customer at a shop as 'luv'.

In terms of region, people in the North (e.g., Yorkshire - but dialects vary from city to city here and it sounds wrong if you use the wrong one) are likely to call people 'love', 'duck', etc. Often 'luv' can imply an East End accent (think cockney)/working class inner London. For example, it would fit for Mundungus to say love. (Northern areas pronounced love very differently to inner London, however).

Although the West Country are closer in speech to 'the North' than the South East, it doesn't fit that the Weasleys would use 'luv'. I think the closest you could get would be 'luver'/lover (e.g., 'my lover' though the phonetic spelling is redundant in the UK because 'my lover' is very regionally specific and accented, one of those 'read it in an accent phrases'). However, although it's used very heavily it's also the stereotype of an area so I'd be wary of using it unless you're confident with the West Country dialect and tbh we don't see any of the Weasleys using WC dialect. Much like love, it also addresses total strangers.
cmfisher chapter 33 . 7/5/2017
Wonderful story. thank you so much. Usually alot of the stories show Ginny as being childish. this one was not again thank you so so much
merula46 chapter 33 . 6/24/2017
this was an amazing story. I really truly enjoyed thiskeep up the good work
Revliledpembroke chapter 33 . 6/18/2017
This story feels like a middle 70s to upper 80s in the good percentile. It's enough that I like it, but that I probably won't mass recommend to my friends. It's good, but otherwise forgettable.

You fell into a pattern. Harry and friends would go out, Harry and friends would be attacked, someone would be seriously injured/killed, and Harry blames himself. Hestia, Charlie, Jonathon, Kingsley, Dumbledore, and likely others. There wasn't a single moment where Harry could enjoy himself while going out, and that got a little tiring after a while. Even events where the obscurity and randomness of it all should have kept them safe, they were almost immediately targeted.

It also leads to all of those events being haphazardly remembered, because most of them are identical to each other. Whether at the mall/arcade, the beach, or wherever, "Harry and Co. have fun until the Death Eaters manage to find where they are and attack, injuring or killing someone in the process. Everyone spends the next chapter grieving, worried, or barely remembering that that auror was killed off/onscreen."

Like the characters though.
Revliledpembroke chapter 20 . 6/18/2017
Yes, the prophecy mentions one killing the other, but that doesn't mean Avada Kedavra is what will be used. Diffindo would work just as well. So would a knife.
Revliledpembroke chapter 17 . 6/17/2017
I never did like using non-lethal spells in a WAR. Because, you know, they can get their friends back up in no time, and they'll be fighting fit with just a single spell. But a dead enemy ain't an enemy no more.
2,117 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »