Reviews for The Conspiracy
TheVirtuoso chapter 5 . 5/5/2013
Hi there, I really enjoyed reading your story. I have a confession to make: I nearly cried through the last two chapters.
I thought that Gen. Hammond would have been Daniel and I wanted it to be (I love Daniel's character) but as soon as I started to read the conversation it was just so right that I can no longer even picture it as Daniel.
Were I you I would have focused more on Jack himself instead of his friend's mum but that's just me. the mother was also somewhat of a flat, static character. I know that you were trying to give her depth when you wrote the journal but it didn't quite work. I'm sure that if you keep writing stories they will eventually be great and very publishable. I cannot wait for that day.

(Incase that last bit came off as a bit of a Flame you should know that I consider you a better writer than myself, I just read voraciously and pick up on more faux pas than your average bear.)
Eliza Hayes chapter 5 . 9/2/2008
I really enjoyed the story alot. Please continue it.

I'm glad that Jack had found a loving family.

The only tiny problem I have, is that I can't see Jack forgetting to tell someone about what he overheard. But the shooter did have a reasonable explanation.
framework4 chapter 5 . 12/28/2007
Well done. Very well done. You do Mini-Jack well. Consider doing a Mini-Jack makes it to Atlantis story. Set after season 4 of SGA.
Nelarun chapter 5 . 9/1/2007
This nearly drove me to tears. Well done on another brilliantly written story. Well done.

HevenSentHellBroken chapter 5 . 4/14/2007
*loves loves LOVES*
Mockingbirdflyaway chapter 5 . 6/12/2006
I've just finished reading through a few of your stories and I must say they are pretty good. So I'm going to nit pick, because there isn't much that needs to be critiqued :P

One thing though that bothered me, was that after the first chapter, whenever you mentioned someone's name, you'd add a ",my son," or "the archaeologist," tag after it, informing the reader who it was. While this sort of thing is good in the first chapter, by the time we hit the second, it starts interrupting the flow. I know when I came across one of these tags, my brain would stop, figuratively throw it's hands up and say "Gah, I know that already!".

Otherwise, other than some of Jack's dialogue (which didn't seem quite... well... sarcastic enough for him), I commend you for a decent, well-written work of fanfiction (Pst... they're rather rare these days!) ;)

Keep it up :)

SeedC chapter 5 . 6/7/2005
I really like your Jack Gallagher stories. This story in particular struck me as sounding... very authentic. Thank you.
Seanait chapter 5 . 1/16/2005
*tears* that was beautiful... lol, that was really good tho!
sophiedb chapter 5 . 1/11/2005
Another great story - and I nearly cried at the end, which is great :)

More? Please!
AzarDarkstar chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
Interesting concept! I always wondered where the Jack clone went!
wickdlady chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
I have loved you three Jack Gallagher stories, now how about him graduating the Academy and going back to SGC permamently, where he belongs.

I love any mini jack stories.
Vampyre Moon chapter 5 . 12/4/2004
::sniffles:: i was crying through the last two chapters
Heather chapter 5 . 12/4/2004
Wow. What a touching story. And such a serious subject, which you delt with very well. You're a talented writter and brought what was happening and the people to life. Good job.
Village Mystic chapter 5 . 12/3/2004
Good, two-hankie story. Nice use of Jack, having just the one significant adventure over two years and how much it meant to him in his development.

I always like more adventures and continuing adventures, but I don't begrudge your choices. I remember my own teen years and getting bogged down in school work and hormones and not having much of a chance to do more or dream more, so this rings very true to life to me.

Thanks for writing and sharing.
Mara Jade Jedi chapter 5 . 12/3/2004
Fantastic writing! Very touching and a wonderful closing part for the fic itself. Very well done! The change of perspectives worked very well here too. It's not always a bad thing to change gears like that, and a technique that authors often use to emphasise what they are writing. Very well done!