Reviews for Light on the Way
Alariel chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
It is hard to believe that this story has not been read by more people. My Muse keeps an eye out for quality stories for me as I often don't have time to look for them myself. It took me until almost 4:00 am to read it but ... my goodness!

Your style is that of a writer with professional skills and a professional style of writing. Absolutely fabulous!

The content of the story was well thought out and had me in tears throughout most of it. I think that you have probably answered a question that I have often asked myself. "Why is it that when two people have been married for many years and truly love each other that they often die within a short span of time from each other?" Perhaps you were right in that the first of the partners to go takes the heart of the other one with them, to keep until they are once more united. Perhaps when this happens, the partner left behind cannot live long without their "heart."

Personally, I can't conceive of a higher power that would separate two who share such special relationships or in the case of those from Tolkien's world that he would separate such fiercely-bonded people because of their race.

The wonderful moments where the elves witness the passing ofthose they loved was so desperately sad and happy at the same time.

The whole story was fantastic and I hope that you continue to honor us with your talents.
Laerien chapter 13 . 8/17/2005
Breath-taking!
Nienor Niniel chapter 13 . 7/29/2005
Oh, this is great! Made me cry, though.

I always tried to imagine what happens after the death in Tolkien's universe. The halls of men I had imagined, but the other things you came up with... the Elves seeing them taking the way... Frodo and Sam... I can't say all.

Very beautiful! Thank you! Nienor
Jedi Buttercup chapter 13 . 1/16/2005
Beautiful work. The appendices to LOTR are fascinating, but so brief - this is a wonderful expansion of the end of tale of Aragorn and Arwen (and others). I kept bursting into tears as I read, the good kind that leave you with a trembly smile afterward, and gave a sigh of satisfaction at the end. Excellent work.
lovethosehobbits chapter 13 . 12/13/2004
My dearest Larner...I just wanted you to know that I am finally catching up on some of my reading and love this fic. It is so filled with hope and a bittersweet sadness, that it couldnot help but touch my heart. One of my favorite lines is

“What is grief but the cleansing fire that prepares the vessel to be filled with Joy, my Lady? from chapter 11, I believe. You have a unique and wonderful gift with words and I am so glad you have decided to share it with all of us.
Nadine chapter 13 . 12/11/2004
*sighs happily*

No more tears but lots of smiles. :D Wow, a lovely story. Are you adding more?
Nadine chapter 6 . 12/11/2004
That is so sweet! *sobs*
Nadine chapter 2 . 12/11/2004
I'm hardly finished the fic and I'm crying. :( This is amazing.
lindahoyland chapter 13 . 12/8/2004
Very beautiful.I like the way you link age and youth,birth and death and rebirth.
lindahoyland chapter 11 . 12/2/2004
This is just breathtaking,both your vision and attention to detail,such as Arathorn like all the Northern heirs,raised at Rivendell.
lindahoyland chapter 10 . 12/2/2004
Just beautiful, I love your depiction of the angel like Aragorn and Arwen
Kathira chapter 9 . 12/1/2004
This continues to be excellent. I felt so bad that Elladan and Elrohir came too late, but it also felt right. Arwen needed to be alone, and to meet Aragorn alone. The boy was a nice touch, and not as intrusive a presence as her brothers would have been. I hope this story isn't done yet and that you will show us the twins and Legolas and Gimli as they also go to the West.
lindahoyland chapter 9 . 12/1/2004
Breathtaking,this just sent shivers down my spine,the reuinion of Aragorn and Arwen. I agree Galdriel was more sypathathetic, Elrond risked the line of kings dying out.

I like the way you link arwen to the flowers,it gives her the majesty usually denied in fanfic
lindahoyland chapter 8 . 12/1/2004
Heartrending with some profound insight.

Thank you for you kind reviews of my stories which are much appreciated.
lovethosehobbits chapter 7 . 11/30/2004
It has been far too long since I have had time to read one of your fantastic stories. I started this one this morning and was simply unable to stop reading each and every chapter. So sad, but so wonderfully happy as well. It gives all of us hope that we too, may one day share the joy that you so artfully speak of, with one another. I continue to revel in your descriptions and gifted use of the english language. Love tree
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »