Reviews for Vexation of Spirit
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/10/2017
Superb story!
writerreader63 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Soft, beautiful, and melancholy. I love this- you show a side rarely seen, in canon or fandom, of the Malfoy's and Blacks. The human side, the innocent child Draco saying "Mummy, you are the prettiest lady in the world", of the love Narcissa did hold for her family, of a publicly cold matriarch softly playing piano as her husband lovingly accompanies his angel on his violin. Kingsley's understanding is the perfect foil to Narcissa's grief, as she slowly makes him lose control, as she tries to make him understand. She searched only for understanding, not necessarily for a pardon, and I think that's what made her words so powerful. It ends beautifully as well, with a rare understanding between two contrary people, and a quote which ties the story together so well.

10/10 Stars
Mittenzs chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
that was awesome. I have no words.
Verdot chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Wow... that's beautiful. And the quote at the end is a favorite of mine... just gorgeous writing.

~Cendrillo
after sex cigarette chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
Whoa...that was very, very beautiful.
Raven173 chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
One word: Amazing. There is nothing about this fic what I dont like, you've done an excellent job. Unusual, which is probably why I like it. You captured Narcissa's emotions superbly. Bravo!
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
Very interesting, original and different. Good job. :)