Reviews for She Never Stops Talking
Hello Baby Hello chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
I read this story on Ashwinder and loved it. I love it just as much here. You have an absolute true talent for writing. Please keep up the good work. Absolutely loved this.
DarkenMirror chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
This was phenomenal. I feel like you really captured the shy, emotionally stunted person that lives in Snape. You also really brought out the protective, stubborn side of Hermione. This is such a great example of this pairing. Not too fluffy, not too snarky.
aicila chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
What a lovely story.
Tubin chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
You warned that it would be unbelievable - I disagree. The Severus who progresses from denial to resigned acceptance to attraction to love is infinitely believable, in my eyes. The Hermione who just keeps chattering while going after what she wants - also fully believable. Amazing story, and a huge success in terms of your experimentations with style!
schmokey chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
Back to quoting lines at you again:

Her incessant chatter eventually became the background the rest of his day seemed to revolve around and, even though he would scowl at her and pretend to ignore her as she babbled away, the sound of her voice was proof to him that he was no longer so alone.

She was like sunshine on a cloudy day or marshmallows floating in steaming hot chocolate.

She always initiated their encounters, but he never turned her away.

She can say his name a million ways - ‘Severus’ - and each way is merely a different version of ‘I love you.’ She tells him this too, of course, ‘I love you,’ and he finds he doesn’t flinch, when she says it, anymore.

He wants to tell her she has taken a broken man and somehow, against all logic, made him whole – that the very essence of her completes him in a way more elemental than the strongest of magicks. She has become his very heart and soul…

-and lastly-

He can tell by the way she shudders around him and kisses his neck, her eyes bright with tears, that she has heard him – and understood.

Wow. I have always loved the way you play with words, but this story in particular just left me breathless. You manage to say so much with so little, creating emotions and subtle nuances without going overboard. This is truly fantastic - I think the very best short story I have ever read. The characters were just wonderful, totally believable - Snape being gradually drawn into her warmth; Hermione just deciding she was going to be there with him and not leave...I love your Snape so much - the idea of a man who thinks he's incapable of loving because he's never known love or incapable of being seen as anything other than evil because of what he's done - it's so tragic and so beautiful. Your stories are lyrical and poetic and wonderful.

And I'm babbling. I'm sure your reviews would be much more concise and interesting; better able to describe in way less words what I'm trying to say. Blame the fact I just got my computer back and the lovely bottle of wine I've been sharing with my husband as I'm reading your stories.

Oh, and this one made me cry too. Please write something again soon.
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4