Reviews for Dialects
fhobos chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Your prose always leaves me feeling so spent. In the most wonderful way possible, mind you. Like I want to just think about what I just read while gazing at clouds crawling over the sky.

This is one of the highest compliments I can pay to a person, for your information. :)
WitchOfTheWilds chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I'm not really sure how to describe it. I like it though. It gets you thinking outside the box a little. Bravo.
ladywinterfic chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
wow.

this is...magical. compelling and thrilling and I am breathless like a being gut-punched, or post-orgasm.

yeah I said it.

excellent, EXCELLENT fic.

wow
Nanaki Lioness chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I know this is old so who knows if you will get this, but it's really, really good. Thank you for sharing.
Moth Gypsy chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
how mysterious and heart breaking ;w; you sure know how to keep a reader hooked.
Amrun chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
This felt extremely disjointed to me; I know that was partially the point, but it didn't come together in the end as I felt it should. It concentrated too much on characters like Kabuto and Itachi and Kisame, whom canon don't provide enough information on to support such characterisations, but that's my prerogative to think, I guess.

I did want to say, though, that I loved this section:

Copy Ninja is an appropriate label for Hatake. Kakashi knows the risks of trying things that are new, outside the boundaries of what he’s been shown to do and has eventually grown to fit. He has learned Konoha’s mottos like a tree staked out in sapling-knots. In a way, Kakashi has never stopped imitating others, even when he is old enough that people expect greater originality. Legacies. Training.

He has his own technique in spite of this. It kills, and kills well. Kakashi is very good at his job because it is, by now, the entire reason that he is still alive.

Konoha thinks he's never passed any genin before because he believes no one to be worthy of his lessons. Kakashi knows better. There is no example other than Orochimaru to explain what genius does; for early graduates of any caliber, there are few comparisons. Between the Sannin and the Uchiha, Kakashi is in the dark about his own native tongue.

He can’t communicate in it, so he reads instead.

When he picks his literature, Kakashi goes for the best-sellers.

This really shows some insight into Kakashi's character that is entirely supported, whereas Lee's section, for example, doesn't say anything new. The Kakashi section, though - excellent.
Seriously Yours chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
10/10
My Chemical Romance Dude chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
Like a chorus.
darklace15 chapter 1 . 11/13/2007
I really liked that last one. Especially Jiraiya laughing, then crying. I think that sums up what he would feel perfectly.
Nezuko chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
Wow. Breathtaking. You really did a marvelous job putting together a crazy quilt of a story and backing it with a deep, tragic taste throughout. The way you braided the tales of the individuals together is really masterful. I'm glad I found this.
wellduh chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
Wow. Just, wow.

The details are mindblowing. You write secondary cast amazingly. Poetic and quirky.

Your Itachi, I find oddly amusing. Jiraiya sounds exactly right. Kabuto fascinates me, and Neji and Tenten need the attention. That kid with Kakashi...

Keep it up.
WolfBane2 chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
I don't understand it fully, but if I did, I doubt I'd like it as much. It was...wonderful. Each voice, all insignificant to the others, but very important to themselves. The endless world. (gives author a gold star and wanders off)
A. Non chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
I don't know why but this story...I love it, and yet I can't explain why...
fight4foo chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
I loved this story! I think it has to be one of the best written Naruto stories out there. it's sad and funny and just everything. i love the part with cannibalism and itachi, hilarious. also the ending was very good, kinda sad. Emma
UE chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
i enjoyed this a lot. really, really different from all the stuff i've read from you so far, but that's good...i like it when authors shake it up a little stylistcally.

even though overall i felt pretty melancholy while reading, some parts were actually cute. like when itachi was eating with kisame. i don't know why, but you brought a lot of humanity into the akatsuki with that scene. team gai's scene was kinda cute too...oh, i also liked the part where itachi was thinking about the sharingan and how you described the three constituting parts of the mangekyou. that was extremely cool.

but what i loved most was how you characterized kabuto. you rid300408