Reviews for Moment of Clarity
schur655 chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Just remarkable, I really like this.
ebfiddler chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
I've been reading your Firefly stories and enjoyed every one of them so far. Book's story is often overlooked in fanfiction, but what you've done here surpasses The Shepherd's Tale and fits right into canon. Thanks very much!
DrifterKona chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Well done. I like the story, the texture, the authenticity of both the 'verse and the outreach that the woman had for Book.

Something to think about: If you are going to quote another source, especially the Bible, make sure you proofread your reference. The verse you were referencing is actually in Matthew 19:26. A simple typo, but for those readers who go the extra mile (like myself) and look up that verse, they won't find it. And if they don't break out a concordance to see if the text occurs elsewhere, then the reader might be left thinking that you made up a fictional verse, especially since Matthew only has 28 chapters.

Aside from that minor infraction, your story was superb. I truly enjoyed it and at the end, I found myself wondering what Book's life might have been like between the time he knocked on the door of the family's house and when he met Kaylee in the market.

Thank you for a great story!
The Puppeteer's Ghost chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
Well written, good idea and a nice explanation for Book's mysterious past.

I like it.
Whyt Wulf chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Ooh, that's a fantastic speculation on Book's past! I really enjoyed reading this little one-off. I'm looking forward to the comic coming out this summer/fall to see how your story stacks up against the version our Whedon-master has concocted. Whatever that ends up being, I won't remember this ficlet with any less enjoyment. Well done.
AllThatGlistens chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Oh, good job. That was a really cool take on our enigmatic Shephard.
Lalaith Yamainu chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I adore this. It's a fantastic idea of who Book was.
Raiining chapter 1 . 10/4/2006
Ah

A good story.

Scary, might. but good. much darker than I would have thought. well written, though. and of course, profoundly spiritual.

I love the home quote. M. Much love of home quote.

:-)
Clover Brook chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
ooh; I genuinely didn't guess who it was... Does that make me a silly billy? Probably, but that's neither here nor there!

I like it, mostly because it could have happened, but also cos it's a really good story - it could work as a stand alone, for the many unfortunate personages who have yet to be introduced to the wonder that is Firefly...
jebbypal chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
Wow, you do angst well too:)

Seriously, this is one of the best backstories for Book I have seen. Only thing that I might criticize would be that Book's tone seems a tad off, but then, he was a different person then wasn't he? The imagery was great as well as the introspection. And symbolism:)