Reviews for Masquerade of Monsters
Wayward AMP chapter 3 . 7/18/2014
Whoa, first worthy work in using other authors' figures. Very good piece of reading, I hope the next ten stories are finished. ;-) "Two loudmouth opportunists invade a family home, eager to get free loot & sex, but run afoul of granny instead!" It was a cute moment. Besides doing us the pleasure of presenting readable format, your prose works well. Even better, and much more rare than that was the fact that you used the figures, Artemis & Jarl-Axle, with much more finesse than all I read before you. Including R.A. Salvatore, whom I found boringly overdoing it after his initial Dark Elf Saga. I read more than twenty stories, and fan-fics, which made a high-level assassin do nothing, but bicker at people, and cut-down low-level cannon-fodder, in varied form, sometimes orcs, sometimes artisans, and commoners. Challenging them with a problem of the arcane, which both have only limited competences in, was a good idea. Nice that problem-solving was not reduced to hack & slash idiocy indeed. One minor logic-"mistake" may be, if an assassin would really resist by willpower, instead of evasion (innate ability on improved levels). Still no spoiler came from it. Thanks. for sharing this. You deserve to gets favorites for this story. Comma-Placement is one of my own weaknesses, yet you may do well by checking it once more, too.

*Use commas to separate independent clauses when they are joined by any of these seven coordinating conjunctions: and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet.

*Common starter words for introductory clauses that should be followed by a comma include after, although, as, because, if, since, when, while.

*Use a pair of commas in the middle of a sentence to set off clauses, phrases, and words that are not essential to the meaning of the sentence. Use one comma before to indicate the beginning of the pause and one at the end to indicate the end of the pause.
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 3 . 2/22/2007
That could be... love ?

Ok ok, I stop here my Jarlaxle/Artemis delirium...

Perfect, as always.
SchattenTanzer chapter 3 . 1/18/2007
Wow! That was sweet!
Stormshadow13 chapter 3 . 7/31/2006
Very good story.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 3 . 7/7/2006
I was seeing that battle - that battle was one of the most harrowing I have ever read. I was afraid for their lives. I can't believe it. This is such a good story, because of that battle scene. I've thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't expect the lich OR Naomi's real identity. And seeing the first flickers of Artemis and Jarlaxle's friendship is oddly poignant. It stands out all the more because of their early guardedness and mistrust and pragmatism.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 2 . 7/7/2006
That lich is one of Naomi's ancestors, isn't it. I have to admit I've never seen Jarlaxle so freaked out before. It's...terrifying. When you believe in the strength of a person, whatever scares them suddenly scares you, y'know? He's not exactly... real, but at the same time, I really feel as though he is.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
Oh dear. Jarlaxle's enthusiasm for women is as frightening as ever. You know, you really are quite good at grasping the level of Artemis' temper. I notice it all the more now because I'm reading this last, in contrast to the development he's made in your stories since.
Atoile chapter 3 . 5/2/2006
I read this story, like, a week ago. But my computer has this hatred for me, and I couldn't review *any* story I read. I absolutely love Jarlaxle. He's very odd for a drow, isn't he? Artemis is cool, too. There aren't many stories with those two as the main characters, and I'm so glad you're doing the whole 'continuing series' thing. I think you've portrayed Jarlaxle and Artemis Entreri both very well. Kudos to you! Now, I'm off to review the other stories of yours I've read...
Ashen Triskel chapter 3 . 3/21/2006
What a CHARMING family... Kiaransalee seems like a better fit than Mystra for them. Good story though! _
Sadina Saphrite chapter 3 . 5/31/2005
That was wonderful! It's not often you find authors who portray a good lich. As a Dungeon Master, I hope you don't mind that I may steal the basic plot and use it to torment my dearest PCs. Maybe. They have to survive their encounter with the Vampire Mage first.

*cough* Anywho...nice story, and I'm off to read Progression of a Killer on Lavender Eyes.
mark strickler II chapter 3 . 1/10/2005
That was a very good fan fic. I think Salvatore himself would be proud. Exellent use of metaphor and discerption. And the Story was well written. Can not wait for another Enteri and Jarlaxle story.
euphorbic chapter 3 . 12/27/2004
I read this a few weeks ago, but couldn't log in. A tardy review is better than none, I hope. Actually, this piece is still very good, but there were a few details that really nagged at me. Jarlaxle seems to lack his usual depth; the complex machinations, the understanding of his opponents, the simple foresight he needs to survive and thrive in Menzoberranzan don't seem to be present. Making out with Naomi I can see, buying into her charade, i don't. Now, making out with Naomi while *knowing* she's got a charade going on, that works even more. That being said, I still think this is a great fic. It might lack some of the flare for characterization your other piece had, but it was still an enjoyable action and adventure story. Thanks again for posting it.
Kris chapter 3 . 12/12/2004
*grins* Having finished this, you leave me with a lot of questions. Just what *is* going on between the pair? (I've got a theory) What was the disembodied voice? Will they actually get paid?

Anyway, great story.
darkhelmetj chapter 3 . 12/9/2004
Ah, what an ending, what an ending! You really had me surprised with this one (and I think Artemis and Jarlaxle were too for that matter). :) This was an excellent little piece, Ariel. I can't wait to read your next offering! :D
SilverWolf7 chapter 3 . 12/9/2004
Woohoo! Its lettign me review again! I found out what was wrong with this before a few days ago...I was using Explorer and it was corrupted. But, now I am using Netscape and everything is fine!

Nice story by the way. I can't wait until the next one comes LE of course.