Reviews for 4am, This Letter
Harry Albus Potter Dumbledore chapter 1 . 5/3
Awesome one-shot! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing this with us readers.
bohowriter chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
This is by far my favorite BTTF fic. That was something the movie didn't really address too deeply: how horrible it would have been to see your mentor gunned down, and then trying to deal with that knowledge along with attempting to save him (amongst everything else). I mean, I get that's pretty heavy stuff for an 80s comedy, but still...I wish the movie had had this scene in it, because you handled it amazingly. And the end of your story ties perfectly into what did happen in the movie. Awesome work.
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
One of the best BTTF fics I've read so far...love the angst. Very realistic and true to the movie, while delving into its more subtle themes. Love it.
Caped Hero chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
There are very few well written BTTF fanfiction in existence, and this is one of them. I agree with you, the friendship between the two characters of Doc and Marty is what made the movie so special and you've got that relationship down pat.

Excellent work and keep on writing!
mooze chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
i reread this every 6 months or so, every time i feel the need to see some BTTF fic. it's the most well-written piece of bttf fic out there, i think.

"Static - must be what it's like, when your life runs out of tape."

this line follows me everywhere - i haven't ever been able to get it out of my head. it just enters my brain at random times and doesn't leave. amazing.
bttf4444 chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
This is one very insightful story! I don't see Marty as being all that dumb, either. Some probably get that idea from The Animated Series, where Marty was portrayed as not being too smart.

Anyway, great writing! :)
Flaming Trails chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
I recently rediscovered this story while looking around on the net for decent BTTF fanfic. I agree, this is a great look at how Marty probably felt during that first lonely night. *adds to favorites so she won't lose it again*
Nicole Silverwolf chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Wow. I remember watching and loving these films back when I was five as well. I never really thought about this angle back then...probably wasn't capable of it. Watching them again now, I wonder how I could have missed it. A very carefully balanced level of angst and a Marty I always thought was more intelligent than he let on. You captured him really effectively and filled an emotional pothole they didn't really have time to address in the movie. The lines about static and in particular the last line really captured that frustrated emotion he must have felt knowing what he knew and not being sure if or how he could fix it. Bravo on an excellent fic...please write more if you can...this was beyond enjoyable. Thanks again.
flux capacitor.fluxing chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
WOW!

This is an awesome story!

You get what Marty was feeling so well.

This is so good.

Please do more BTTF!

please please please please please
Ravinesque chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
you're good
Kleenexwoman chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
This is fantastic, and I mean that. I love the way you get inside Marty's head, I love the way you get him to think, I love the way you see the whole thing-it's so great to read something by an author who can see past the plot and into the characters. The section with the character study of Doc is particularly intriguing; you have actually made me want to take a much closer look at his character.

I hope you keep writing in this fandom. E-mail me, PLEASE?
Anakin McFly chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
Great fic. ;P Well written. Welcome to the BTTF section of

)I thought it was funny that you tend to write Marty as being more intelligent than in the films, because I tend to do the opposite.)
Eternal Density chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
This is good, really well written. Marty certainly isn't an idiot, and it's great to see other writers who give him the intelligence he is due.

Write more fanfic!