Reviews for The Hyuuga Persuasion
KagedIn chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
Wow can we say definitely unexpected! I loved it!
DreamWeaver0509 chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
loved it ! :D loved the way you described naruto in the background of tenten and shikamaru's conversation :P
Summertime Sasuke chapter 8 . 2/12/2012
I died at the end.
Metoochocolate chapter 8 . 12/28/2011
How...unexpected
xBitterSweetDreamsx chapter 8 . 11/8/2011
OMFG, WTH, that was sooo unexpected
Nonny chapter 8 . 10/25/2011
This was an enjoyably weird story and I wasn't put off by the ending because a)with something this weird anything is possible and b)although I generally don't have anything against Neji and like Neji/Tenten as a pairing, I was feeling sorry for Tenten at this point and agreed that she would be better off with Jiraiya.

I did have a small issue with your blurb regarding plagiarism though. I'm sorry to say that the ideas expressed in this story are not so incredibly original that someone else couldn't have come up with a reasonable facsimile thereof without reference to your work. When you start talking about ideas you get into an extremely gray area of supposed intellectual property because how on earth can you prove that one person did or didn't have an idea without reference to a similar one by another person?

Not to mention the fact that nearly all ideas are derived from somewhere and do not exist in a vacuum so that, as it happens, by a certain definition all ideas are plagiarism.

Further, I can't help feeling that anyone who is writing fanfiction in the first place is in a rather gray area to begin with regarding issues of plagiarism, especially by the definition that you present. After all you are deliberately writing about a story, characters and events using specific names and references that originated from another person. And while you may have added a disclaimer at the beginning of your story I'm fairly certain that you have neither formal nor informal permission to do so.

The point I'm trying to make is not that you are a bad person, or anyone who makes such claims is either. Nor am I saying that what you are doing is wrong. Personally I could care less about that. What I am saying is that given the tremendous amount of ambiguity surrounding this entire body of work in general, it seems a bit silly to be making even a little bit of fuss over whether someone has mentioned in passing that your story was (or wasn't) an influence on any particular idea that occurred to them to write up into a fanfic of their own one day.

Fanfiction is generally embroidery on a them and as such is essentially derivative even more directly than usual. So, if someone did happen to write a story with similar themes or events to yours, whether it was influenced by your story or not is somewhat of a non-issue. It is nice if someone happens to mention that your work was an inspiration for their idea or whatnot, but it is hardly necessary, nor a breech of courtesy to fail to do so. More likely than not a great many things, including a whim of the moment were an inspiration for any particular story and very possibly someone might not even remember where the idea that was percolating in their mind originated.

An interesting exercise might be to ask yourself what the various inspirations were for your own story, and whether you gave them all a nodding reference or felt it unnecessary given the amount of impact you felt they had on what was essentially your idea. And ask yourself whether it was really necessary, or even realistically possible, to really give such references the kind of due you are indicating that you feel your story is due in a similar instance.

I think that courtesy, in the fanfiction community, is more along the lines of a tacit understanding that everyone is doing a bit of borrowing here and there as part of the creative process and that we tacitly, rather than implicitly, acknowledge that out of necessity. So long as no one exceeds the bounds of common courtesy and does a cut and paste job, without citation, or pretends that another person's story, verbatim, is their own. Anything else is pretty hard to pin down and leveling spurious accusations is not conducive to polite community interaction.

Just wanted to share those thoughts with you, in hopes of inspiring better understanding and better goodwill within the community.

Thank you for sharing your fun variation on a theme with us.
Rubinne chapter 8 . 9/6/2011
I just died and went to heaven.

This is one of the most hilarious stories I have stumbled upon this wonderful site.

I love you TenTen. And I love you for writing this. *hugs!* Please accept my love.

:) 3
xXWWXx chapter 8 . 8/23/2011
I looked at the reviews just now and I feel ashamed at how short mine was (lol, innuendo). I was laughing almost the entire time I was reading it, and I'm glad it ended this way. I think a 'happy' ending would have been too off from the genre, and Neji was destined to turn Konoha into a desert some day or another.

I hope you're better now, CCS AnGeL.
xXWWXx chapter 8 . 8/23/2011
BEST. ENDING. EVER. I love this story!
ClockRepair chapter 8 . 8/22/2011
I don't blame Tenten in the least. You described Neji as a crazy lunatic that doesn't know his boundaries and I'm surprised she didn't kill herself with one of her many weapons. lol Kudas to you, Tenten, for leaving. Although I think she should have done that in the begining when Neji was chopping down trees after she turned down his date.
j.d.y chapter 8 . 8/19/2011
hahahahahahahahah
I.Deal.In.Dreams chapter 8 . 8/17/2011
0.o 0.o 0.o Never in this world did I expect this ending! And believe me, a whole slieu of crazy ideas ran through my mind. But anyways, this ending seems to fit your story, because it's so crazy and unexpected and funny. You kept me on my toes with every line, every word...and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while reading a fanfic. Marvelous story!
I.Deal.In.Dreams chapter 7 . 8/17/2011
This story just sparkles from all the little moments you weave in - from Kiba and Shino's little bet, to every word that falls from Lee's lips. I'm still laughing from the entire Tsunade scene XD Lol, it's probably not good to roll around laughing my heart out at 12:40 in the morning. But anyways - wonderful wonderful chapter! Can't wait to read the grand finale...
I.Deal.In.Dreams chapter 6 . 8/17/2011
Awwwwwww, Kun-chan! That's so cute :) I love how it's short for "kunai." Hmmmm, do I detect a hint of NejiTen (for real this time)? *squeal* Me gusta mucho. Short and sweet chapter :D
I.Deal.In.Dreams chapter 5 . 8/17/2011
Oh, I do love craziness :) I think it's wonderful how you threw in a bunch of characters into this chapter and made their personalities come to life. Hehe, that line Shikamaru said about "seeing this coming a million moves before" made my day! Either that line, or Gai-sensei's touching little quote about flowers reaching for the sun. Or maybe Jiraiya's remark about Temari wearing only sand. XD Lol, there are just too many awesome lines to choose from!
760 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »