Reviews for Clouded Sky
Guest chapter 13 . 9/1/2020
After all the hype I have read about this story I must sadly say it's underwhelming. I really tried to give it a chance but it's rly not for me. New region ? Ok can work with that, non existing Pokemon? as a nerd I must say that was a lil bit weird coz I couldn't look up stats, movesets... but somehow I've found some weird drawings illustrating them so ugh ok BUT no pokeball? that's the main thing in this universe more iconic than pikachu! that was the first no for me. You know I understand the need to create new things to make sth unique but when you change everything about universe no known characters, locations it's just not it at least for me. So many good stories...Traveller, Uprising, Trainer... this one for me is too unique...
pepejohn chapter 13 . 5/6/2020
Good story but I'm personally not a fan of fakemon. Ignoring that, it's a well written fic.
gimmyjibbs chapter 22 . 3/29/2020
Damn you, stupid Sentrets, I'm going to eradicate all of you in Johto.
Tobalerone chapter 17 . 6/11/2019
How did they learn Tobias' real name? Did I miss him introducing himself? Did they have a psychic read his mind?
WyldClaw chapter 20 . 5/24/2019
Whoooooooa! Why is raikou at the lab
WyldClaw chapter 19 . 5/24/2019
That was beyond incredible!
I do hope Tobias stays in johto for a while longer- perphsps then he will change his perspective on the legendaries
I wonder what the connection between his appearance and jacob’s reeeeally strange behavior is

I bet Marie is hiding something
WyldClaw chapter 17 . 5/24/2019
That’s kind of funny how confused Tobias was atvseeing the tv and Pokédex
WyldClaw chapter 7 . 6/28/2018
That was such a descriptive grey chapter
WyldClaw chapter 4 . 6/28/2018
That guide Tobias battled was kind of a jerk
WyldClaw chapter 9 . 2/4/2018
I loved that battle
WyldClaw chapter 6 . 2/4/2018
good thing alex came to break him out
WyldClaw chapter 5 . 2/4/2018
that was intense
EverfreeSparkle chapter 4 . 7/30/2017
"Why'd I have to get a stupid murkrow for a starter?"
Wow, what an ass. Poor Murkrow...
GijinkaVerse Writer chapter 17 . 4/28/2017
I really don't see a human reacting to TV like that no matter how primitive their culture. There is a clear allowance in the human mind to differentiate between image and object. Some animals even understand what their reflection. The TV would certainly be weird and Tobias might come to some wrong conclusions, but I don't see it going that far.

It's a odd bit in this rather good fanfiction. I really only was tempted to be out something once a few chapter back, but there enough good in every chapter. Also, I'm more than a decade in the past, so I'm going to try to get to the end before any major assessments.
Reviewer5000 chapter 47 . 2/1/2017
Overall, this is one of the best fanfics I've read to date. I know I've said it before, but the quality of the writing is excellent. More importantly though, all that talent and hard work was used to tell a truly gripping and suspenseful story. Everything about Waytar fascinates me. I would read a guidebook if I could get my hands on one. While I don't usually like fanmade pokemon, the fact that these ones are fanmade serves a purpose and I ended up loving them. Nearly all of the characters are memorable which is more impressive than it sounds give the large number of them. I really loved how some of the characters that got their starters with Tobias show up again. Although I wish Kevin had gotten more development in the beginning to match the weight of his role later on.

With the number of plot twists the direction of the story and Tobias's goals change. As the story progressed these would often become murkier. However, even went Tobias's motivation was established I still wanted to slap him in the face sometimes (metaphorically speaking) because his actions and desires did not seem rational to me given his circumstances. Did it make sense for him to feel that way? Sure did! Did I sympathize with Accemenla every time he made a stupid decision? Absolutely! I don't really consider this a big problem though because it was always in character.

The one single thing that I wasn't a fan of was the ending. It made me sad and didn't satisfy me. There are still so many things I want to know. This huge event happens, but we never really find out the consequences. I know there were some planned stories for afterwards, but I had grown to loves these characters and this world so much I want to know what happens to it as a result of large events at the end.

Regardless of my feelings about the ending, I consider the completion of this story a treat for any reader and something that I hope gives the author pride and a sense of accomplishment. When I was 15 I thought it would be a great idea to write some gigantic fics too, but I never finished mine and the writing wasn't this good. Completing this story could not have been easy so I really hope the author understands just how much I loved reading it and I hope that others will stumble upon it and love it just as much.

Thank you Negrek! Reading this story was an absolute treat. If I ever decide to start writing again, I hope I can reach the same quality as you did :)