Reviews for Clouded Sky
pepejohn chapter 13 . 5/6
Good story but I'm personally not a fan of fakemon. Ignoring that, it's a well written fic.
gimmyjibbs chapter 22 . 3/29
Damn you, stupid Sentrets, I'm going to eradicate all of you in Johto.
Tobalerone chapter 17 . 6/11/2019
How did they learn Tobias' real name? Did I miss him introducing himself? Did they have a psychic read his mind?
WyldClaw chapter 20 . 5/24/2019
Whoooooooa! Why is raikou at the lab
WyldClaw chapter 19 . 5/24/2019
That was beyond incredible!
I do hope Tobias stays in johto for a while longer- perphsps then he will change his perspective on the legendaries
I wonder what the connection between his appearance and jacob’s reeeeally strange behavior is

I bet Marie is hiding something
WyldClaw chapter 17 . 5/24/2019
That’s kind of funny how confused Tobias was atvseeing the tv and Pokédex
WyldClaw chapter 7 . 6/28/2018
That was such a descriptive grey chapter
WyldClaw chapter 4 . 6/28/2018
That guide Tobias battled was kind of a jerk
WyldClaw chapter 9 . 2/4/2018
I loved that battle
WyldClaw chapter 6 . 2/4/2018
good thing alex came to break him out
WyldClaw chapter 5 . 2/4/2018
that was intense
EverfreeSparkle chapter 4 . 7/30/2017
"Why'd I have to get a stupid murkrow for a starter?"
Wow, what an ass. Poor Murkrow...
GijinkaVerse Writer chapter 17 . 4/28/2017
I really don't see a human reacting to TV like that no matter how primitive their culture. There is a clear allowance in the human mind to differentiate between image and object. Some animals even understand what their reflection. The TV would certainly be weird and Tobias might come to some wrong conclusions, but I don't see it going that far.

It's a odd bit in this rather good fanfiction. I really only was tempted to be out something once a few chapter back, but there enough good in every chapter. Also, I'm more than a decade in the past, so I'm going to try to get to the end before any major assessments.
Reviewer5000 chapter 47 . 2/1/2017
Overall, this is one of the best fanfics I've read to date. I know I've said it before, but the quality of the writing is excellent. More importantly though, all that talent and hard work was used to tell a truly gripping and suspenseful story. Everything about Waytar fascinates me. I would read a guidebook if I could get my hands on one. While I don't usually like fanmade pokemon, the fact that these ones are fanmade serves a purpose and I ended up loving them. Nearly all of the characters are memorable which is more impressive than it sounds give the large number of them. I really loved how some of the characters that got their starters with Tobias show up again. Although I wish Kevin had gotten more development in the beginning to match the weight of his role later on.

With the number of plot twists the direction of the story and Tobias's goals change. As the story progressed these would often become murkier. However, even went Tobias's motivation was established I still wanted to slap him in the face sometimes (metaphorically speaking) because his actions and desires did not seem rational to me given his circumstances. Did it make sense for him to feel that way? Sure did! Did I sympathize with Accemenla every time he made a stupid decision? Absolutely! I don't really consider this a big problem though because it was always in character.

The one single thing that I wasn't a fan of was the ending. It made me sad and didn't satisfy me. There are still so many things I want to know. This huge event happens, but we never really find out the consequences. I know there were some planned stories for afterwards, but I had grown to loves these characters and this world so much I want to know what happens to it as a result of large events at the end.

Regardless of my feelings about the ending, I consider the completion of this story a treat for any reader and something that I hope gives the author pride and a sense of accomplishment. When I was 15 I thought it would be a great idea to write some gigantic fics too, but I never finished mine and the writing wasn't this good. Completing this story could not have been easy so I really hope the author understands just how much I loved reading it and I hope that others will stumble upon it and love it just as much.

Thank you Negrek! Reading this story was an absolute treat. If I ever decide to start writing again, I hope I can reach the same quality as you did :)
Reviewer5000 chapter 40 . 2/1/2017
So I'm finally back on fanfiction and eager to read this story again. I had actually managed to read up to chapter 31 before I had to go so my memory is a bit foggy, but I thought I would leave another review just in case I end up on another hiatus. Although I doubt that will be the case. Besides, this story is excellent and really hard to put down.

What I do remember about the lighthouse challenge was that it was really well written, if a bit gory. I feel bad for saying this, but I kinda feel like the story ought to be rated teen. For what it's worth that's really the only complaint I have. It's a fantastic story and I can't wait to finish it. The writing itself is spectacular and I have developed an even bigger respect for the author than I had before. I also recall feeling relief when Chevron evolved. I still adore him even if he's a bit different now. When I started a new pokemon game I even named the zigzagoon I caught Chevron after him.

In the chapters after the lighthouse challenge I found myself growing more and more attached to Accemenla too. What impressed me even more was the locket scene. Even though I was having a hard time remembering why Tobias had to leave, the locket scene brought all those memories back which I thought was really impressive. It also demonstrated how Jinx has grown. I'm in awe of the quality of the writing. I hope I can be like this author someday.

I also love seeing the other children who got their starters along with Tobias popping up. I honestly want to see more of them. I found the whole starter selection process fascinating so I want to see how they too have grown.

SPOILERS START HERE
This is in part due to a very cool concept in this story in which humans take on some of the qualities of their starter pokemon. I want to know more about this so badly! Will Tobias also gain some flying type characteristics? What kinds of qualities are indicated by other types. Does this process take place in regions where you choose between grass, fire, and water? I don't think I'll learn the answer to that, but I'm just so excited to learn more about the world Negrek has created.
SPOILERS END HERE

Perhaps what I want to know most of all is how the author managed to continue the story with new pokemon being introduced by the franchise while it was being completed. This was obviously a very long and in my mind worthwhile project. I want to know how the introduction of new pokemon impacted it and heck just even more information about the process. I'm just so fascinated by the story and it's world. If it wasn't clear already, I can't recommend this story highly enough.