Reviews for Mario's Christmas Carol
mdizzle chapter 5 . 7/23/2006
You're story has made it on to my favorite's list! Very nice story and congrats!
Videociraptor chapter 5 . 8/9/2005
XD!

That was interesting. Wario is Scrooge. X3 Great idea.

AND I SAW MY MENTION IN YOUR PROFILE! THANK YOU! *hug*

*ahem* But the point is, great story. Very funny. _ Got to go now! Write more stories soon!
Prince Izzy X chapter 5 . 1/1/2005
That was a cool ending. I certainly enjoyed reading this fic, and I'm glad 9-Volt got his DS. _
Stef-chan chapter 5 . 12/29/2004
Lol. This was wonderful. I only wish I had discovered it and picked it up in time for Christmas. Such a shame...
Stef-chan chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
Oh my goodness... This is absolutely hilarious. I was laughing outright so many times, I'm sure I woke up every member of the family. Lol! I'm definately bookmarking this one. It's a keeper.
Shiny Pichu-chan chapter 5 . 12/25/2004
aww, what a great ending! I loved it. cant wait for you to update ur other stories! ;-D
The D.J. C.J chapter 4 . 12/22/2004
A very powerful ending to the 4th stave...although being trapped in a (magically sealed?) burning coffin would probably make anyone have a change of heart rather quickly.

Congratulations on this story, and I can't wait to see Wario being nice in the last stave.
chun chun chapter 4 . 12/21/2004
hey this is really awesome! you fit the characters in perfectly with the story. i can't wait for more!
Johnny A. O chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
Hey,not too bad.

Just a few things I want to comment on.

I feel that Mario and Luigi was poorly placed.

Especially Luigi. But that's just me...

Also, I haven't read the book in a while so I can't tell if your just taking quotes and throwing characters in (besides all dialogue obviously,I definetly know you changed a lot of things to fit the Mario world-I love references so great job and thanks)

Basically, just like the Christmas Carol parody "Scrooged" it took the same concepts and threw in lots o' twists.

Let's see some more twists here shall we?

Good job-do more

_
Shiny Pichu-chan chapter 4 . 12/19/2004
Wow, this chapter was great. Nice twist making Bowser the phantom and pushing him into the coffin. Hope you update soon plz! ;-D
Luigi Number 1 and Sonic 2 chapter 4 . 12/19/2004
Just finished this one! It had a lot of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door characters. Let's see if I can figure them all out...

(1) "Old toad with brown spots on his head": Toadsworth

- - - - -

(2) "Bean-shaped female in a yellow robe": Lady Lima? (from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga; couldn't think of anyone else, heehee)

(3) "Old bob-omb wearing a sea admiral’s cap": Admiral Bobbery

(4) "Weird, purple, ghost-like lady": Flurrie

(5) "Old, blue-skinned guy with sunglasses and cowboy hat": Grubba

- - - - -

(6) "Old shadow woman in a blue-striped pointy hat attached to the ground by some sort of tail": Belldam (possibly Vivian, but I think Belldam)

(7) "Old hag that looks like a female magikoopa": Kammy Koopa

- - - - -

(8) "Bed-sheet ghost wearing a party hat": Doopliss (as you mentioned)

- - - - -

That's my best guesses. I'm not sure if the Toad family (who were happy that their dad/husband got a job after Wario died) were supposed to be anoyne in particular... and I'm probably wrong about Lady Lima. _

Anyway, though, Bowser was good for this Spirit, and it was an all-around great chapter. The paragraph that ended the chapter wasn't as good as the other ones, but that's no big deal. Maybe you should use "shudder" instead of "shutter." (Don't mind my pickiness-I notice very small details. No offense meant or anything.)

Will you be able to get the next chapter up in time for Saturday? Well, whether you manage to or not, I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas! : )

See ya when the next chappie comes!

~Luigi Number 1 : )
Luigi Number 1 and Sonic 2 chapter 3 . 12/19/2004
Just got done reading this chapter out loud to Sonic_2, and I'm about to go read the next one after sending in a quick review. I think this is a great story-it's such a good Mario version of the Christmas Carol! I'm a Christian, too, and I think it's cool how you put the references to God and stuff. It's the true reason and meaning of Christmas, after all! , And who knows, it might make someone else think a little bit. I'm going to add this to my Favorites list.

Baby Mario as 'Tiny Tim?' Heeheehee, now that I think about, Yoshi as 'Tiny Tim' wouldn't have worked at all-how could Mario have had a dinosaur for a son when he's a human? Baby Mario was perfect for it! In fact, all the roles are wonderfully cast. A combination of Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, and Kranky Kong as the Spirit of Christmas Present was a pretty interesting idea... that was what it was supposed to be right?

Oh, I also thought it was pretty cool how you had some other video game characters make appearances, like the Sonic characters. Another interesting idea y'had there. I like it! _

Well, I don't have much more to say for this review. Expect another one right after I read the next chapter (which will probably be right after I submit this review). Until then... see ya!

~Luigi Number 1 : )
Prince Izzy X chapter 4 . 12/18/2004
Heh, I knew the spirit was gonna be HIM! Though, it's not exactly surprising if ya think about it... Anyway, that was good. Not as humorous as the previous chapters. Then again, this part isn't supposed to be funny, right?

Can't wait to see the epilogue.
Esteban T. Rodriguez chapter 3 . 12/15/2004
WEll done, very well done indeed. I like it a great deal. Update soon, before Christmas, preferably. Ciao!

-Esteban T. Rodriguez
Prince Izzy X chapter 3 . 12/13/2004
I loved this chapter! Those game references ruled, especially the Sonic one! That was kinda cool how the spirit went from Diddy Kong to Donkey Kong and then to Cranky Kong. Definitely some good imagery going on there.

I liked Wario's reaction when the Spirit of Christmas Yet to Be arrived. I've got a pretty good guess as to who it's gonna be, but I'll wait til the next chapter to see if I'm right.
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »