Reviews for To Walk Again
SuinaJibrille chapter 1 . 1/18/2005
This was terrific! I remember reading it before, but I didn't review (stupidly enough). I can't stress how creative your view of Nooj is- while still being believable. I'm very impressed.
Angel Taisha chapter 2 . 12/2/2004
Wow, the description of the mechanics in his leg was so awesome! It's like you knew exactly how his leg was attached. I'm so impressed; I was never good at technical stuff like that. If I didn't know any better this could have really been the way he was pieced back together. That was so...great!
The RyRy chapter 2 . 12/2/2004
Another delight! I particularly got a kick out of the line "His response was a string of muttered curses in which the maternal lineage of the Al Bhed engineers was described in precise and profane detail." I had to stop and chuckle at that one when I realized what it was I had read. That's so much more emphatic than putting the actual curses in there.

I liked the characterization of Gilden in this; I have become rather fond of her. And Gaing, well, who couldn't like him? Anyone with enough guts to tell Nooj to "shut up" gets a bonus point in my book!

You will be delighted to know that I skipped over not a single word of this chapter, nor the last one. My eyes read hungrily, as it should be!
Angel Taisha chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
I just got done reading this and holy moly! It is truly a great piece. I just loved your characters, so crisp and precise. I can't say anything of relevance except that I thought it was most excellent.
The RyRy chapter 1 . 12/1/2004
Well, I don't know what I can tell you to do in order to improve this... it's beyond my expertise. You have really done a great job here, and this is a wonderful work - quite possibly one of my favourites of yours. You have ascended into an advanced plane here that I have difficulty prescribing any sort of advice. Your characters come through with a certain clarity, even the minor characters like Gaing and Gilden. Gilden especially... wow. You have a mastery here which is unmatched by the vast majority of what I have seen on this site.

Just... wow. No wonder you have no reviews on this. You've probably awed the masses; no one knows what they can possibly say in the face of such a genius work. You've really outdone yourself here, and I'm sorry I can't provide any better words than these for you.