Reviews for Magic Bears Capricious Fruit
linagabriev chapter 12 . 3/30/2005
(Chapter 10) [He wouldn't have been looking for the insert rock in orihalcon statue if he hadn't wanted to use it to cure himself after all.] Not to mention he wouldn't have met Amelia. By the way its Philosopher's stone.

[What happened if the female counterpart was pregnant?] That's actually pretty interesting in a weird sort of way.

Why were both Lina and Gourry under those trances? I mean it had been a while since they made it to Lina's hometown. Shouldn't they have gooten used to is by now?

[ recently finished reading Night by Elie Wiesel] Ohmigoodness! That was an excellently written book, but very sad.

(Chapter 11) [Inverse has used magic of any kind on.] You mean only the first creature an inverse uses her powers on? Because if she can also control Shabranigdo then she can control any creature, dragon and mazoku because she has used magic on both. [control any single creature- human, demon, and animal alike] So she can control any human you mean right not just bandits?

["Mama no baka. I'd never use you like that. I... I just don't want to fight anymore."] You might want to try and use English. Not everyone knows baka means idiot.

[The medallion that had allowed her unfathomable powers and immortality.] Wasn't the medallion peirced by Kollina sword. Why has it recovered? Wouldn't it be to dangerous to do so seeing as Kollina might try to do the same thing twice is she isn't permanently dead already?

[Independence Day] Why independence day?

With all those things you mentioned that happened to the Slayers, will it by in story form. Or is this really the end?

Overall this story was pretty good. Very nicely written and again an improvement shown. Still, I think I liked Liona's Quest best out of this entire series.
linagabriev chapter 9 . 3/30/2005
[Sylphiel, on the other hand, felt breathless with silent relief that she had even got all that out. She knew she had been pushing her luck, her intuitive smarts] Actually Sylphiel's guessing sounds more like Lina. Remember the first season where Lina "guessed" Rezo was a vessel for Shabranigdo? Well Lina said it herself she was half'guessing and didn't expect to be right. The point of me saying that is, I don't understand the reason why Sylphiel is turning into Lina. First her strength is rising at a fast rate and now her intuitiveness. Not to mention her ability to lie her way away from a dragon. That's Lina through and through. Lina always talks her head of to get out of sticky situations at least until she can come up with a solid plan. That's exactly what Lina would have done seeing as she wouldn't have been stupid enough to fire a Dragon Slave in a cave. She said it herself, that she can't use her really big spells in such a closed area in season 1.

Sylphiel was almost certain Liona-san held a certain loathing for her chimera- erm, ex-chimera friend.

[I'm more human than you, even though you were born the same as I.] Well actually Liona had a little Mazoku in her before didn't she?

[All Lord Rezo did to you was awaken the inner beast] If Zel has this inside him...can he learn how to control it and perhaps have control over his strenght, but keep his Mazoku and Golem side from taking over his mind and appearances? Also why was Amelia turned into a chimera?

[I wish I could hold you in my arms again, Mommy dearest, but I'm afraid I'll accidentally kill you.] Oh that's nice..::sweatdrop::

Anyways nice job. Why would Amelia die tho? Why is it because of Zel?
linagabriev chapter 8 . 3/29/2005
(Chapter 6) Interesting ability Eldora showed. It was definitely interesting the way Edwin was describing it.

[He himself did not know why he felt a little twinge of jealousy] It better be from missing Amelia. Please don't tell me he is going to start liking Sylphiel!

(Chapter 7) [He gulped, his human emotions generating trepidation. With false bravado he croaked, "Should we avoid it, or give Lina a dragon to calm her snail-fried nerves?"] Why isn't anyone thinking of the dragon slave? At least only if they absolutely need it.

Very intersting additions to the Slayers world too. (Ash Dragons and the trap that trapped Zel and Syl.

(Chapter 8) ["Let's stop here for today. We're within a morning's flight to Lina's place."] Although Zel had a comical reason it was definitely surprising to see Zel wanting to stop early. Usually that would be Lina for an All you can eat Buffet or some other food reason, too sleep, or to take a bath. And usually Zel would get angry at her for taking so many sidetrips.

Does Sylphiel have anymore green pills left? If so, Can she give one to Zel?

Why is the spell known as dragon fang if it freezes the opponent in place?

[He smiled cheekily. "Anything for you, dear Sylphiel."] Sorry this made me laugh. Completely funny seeing as she used to refer to Gourry as "dear". And still does. Is Eldwin related to Gourry? I remember Sylphiel mentioned he looked alot like Gourry.

[As it is now, from dawn to dusk, Eldora roams free. From dusk to dawn, you, Eldwin lurk as you will.] HA! I knew it! Although its sweet in a weird way. I suppose the only way Liona could see them being together is being eachother. So there only way of suceeding this mission is to get Sylphiel to hurt someone and Zel to turn back into a chimera?

Amelia and the others thought it was obvious that Liona planted the slugs? Why?

[Then I remembered that the Dragon Fang, what I used just now, and what Eldwin used on me the first night we met him, could only be used by a dragon or on a dragon.] So why was Sylphiel able to use it?

[what better way to lure in the friends of her mother, than use the minion of her aunt's best friend?"] By this you mean that you believe Luna and Zelas are best friends right? I'm just making sure.

Very nicely done. It's weird how it was Sylphiel that figured it out tho. Just because Zel isn't a chimera doesn't mean he still doesn't have his good reasoning and brain so to speak.
linagabriev chapter 5 . 3/29/2005
[(Chapter 2) Sylphiel had the green pill, while both of her friends held a white pill.] Did that increase her power?

[But…with you as a chimera…I know my kingdom will be safe. I feel it."] Actually it could possibly start a civil war with a "monster" (as most would see it) as king in the White Magic Capital of Seyrunn.

Liona had stated that one pill would be enough for the effects to work. Was she implying that maybe there were more in the pouch? Can he keep reusing the pills? I mean cure, uncure, cure, uncure etc.

(Chapter 3) Oh yeah, this question is for the previous story. What was Mazolina's weakness?

[It was obvious who was behind it] Um...no it isn't. Unless it was Xelloss anyways. But he's "grounded".

What in the world can Zel do to help? It was already clear that he isn't all that capable to be going on a mission. Even Eldora is stronger, she could probably take out the entire population of snails and slugs.

(Chapter 5) ::sweatdropa:: again this might be a weird question but does Edwin turn into Eldora in the morning and is Edwin at night?

[Then, perhaps we should take a leaf out of Lina-san's book] I've never heard of this saying but does it generally mean to start acting like the person? Or like what the person would do in the given situation?

Nice job.
linagabriev chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
GAH! Just when I thought the series was done! I was extremely proud of myself to finish reading it in such a short time too. -_-

Anyways interesting first chapter. I'm definitely jumping into unknown waters, as I'm not sure exactly what this will be like.

Why did Liona ask how long had they been under curses. It didn't seem to be relevant as she gave the same potion for both of them.

["Because sometimes, we learn that a curse can be more helpful active than not.] Is she also referring to her the curse put on her, long ago?

Lastly, Amelia and Zel are together?

Anyways again very interesting way to start things off. So Liona's been avoiding her mother for the past 9 years? That's pretty harsh. Nice job.
Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 12 . 2/26/2005
Hey, I just finished reading you chapter and I think that it's still good despite being short. I was wondering, if it's alright with you, could I maybe use the two characters that you've mentioned into one of my stories? The ones named Eldora fi Napoli and Eldwin mer Kushio. I was planning on putting in a few extra characters to one of my stories for future references. All I ask of you is that you give me permission to do so. I'll even put in your name in the opening credicts of the story or chapter that I'm working on. Well, I hope that you respond soon. See ya!

Winged Knight chapter 12 . 2/26/2005
An excellent ending for an excellent story. If you make a sequel, I will wait patiently for it. If your low on new characters for the sequel, I can help with that if you want. I know how hard it can be to make good characters for a story. The bio's were very helpful. Guess I was wrong about Amelia's baby, but that's all right. Twist's and turns are what make a story great. Keep writing the good ones!
Winged Knight chapter 11 . 2/11/2005
Hmm. Come back a hero. Interesting. I loved the mother daughter moment. It was touching. As for reading my story, I havent updated it in a month. Damn stupid hard drive carshing. Need to start that up again. Need to edit chapters too. Can't wait to see your next story. Keep writing the good ones!
Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 11 . 2/11/2005
Hey, I just read the final chapter of the story and I got to say that it got to me. I mean, I didn't quite expect for Lina's own daughter to be as sad as her mother. I hope that the Epilogue is as good as the chapter. Oh, and don't worry about reading my stories. I understand. Just do it when you feel like it okay? Well, see ya and keep up the good work.

Winged Knight chapter 10 . 2/5/2005
I started in Liona's quest. It was extremely interesting. That and your writing style is one of my favorites. Your on my author alert. I'm glad Zelgadis is beginning to understand, at least somewhat, about how foolish he has been. more importantly, i found the last line to be particulary touching. Would I be right in assuming that Liona is speaking through Eldora's mouth? It seems the most logical solution to the problem, but it can never fill the gap of never seeing a loved one again. It's the same as if she were dead. I know this feeling. Losing those precious to you hurts. It hurts in a way that cannot be described. I can only imagine that it is worse for a mother to never be able to see her daughter, seeing as that relationship is not only that of loved ones, but of the bond that only comes from the connection of mother and daughter. I pity Liona and Lina. I pity Liona for her power, and I pity Lina for her frail human body. Both are the reason they cannot see one another in the flesh. This is why gods are not suposed to be born from mortals, the pain is too much to handle. Keep writing the good ones. May they both find peace someday.
Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 10 . 2/5/2005
Hey, I just read the tenth chapter of this fic and it's good. I mean, I can't believe that I'm able to see an emotional moment like the one in the end of the chapter like that. It really touched me. It's stories like yours that give me the inspiration that I need to write my own stories. I hope that you keep up the good work. Oh, do you think that you could look at one of my own stories for when you have the time to do so. It would really mean a lot coming from an excellent writer like you. Well, bye.

Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 9 . 1/30/2005
Hey, I just read your new chapter and it was amazing. I mean, the way that you had Lina's own daughter to talk to Zel like that was truly inspiring. The words are deep and meaningful. It totally makes sense. I like it. Keep up the good work.

Winged Knight chapter 9 . 1/30/2005
That answered pretty much all of my questions. The only thing I have left is whether Zelgadis will mature or not. I don't think Liona is angry at him. I think she's more angry at his powerful ambition put in the wrong direction. I caught the alternate future thing she was saying. An evil greater then any ever known. I take it in some alternate future Zelgadis might have turned out eviler then old Shabby. I kinda think Liona has a soft spot for him, even if she's to pissed at him to admit it. Sylphiel was interesting. Her powers would seem to get stronger naturally if only she had some self confidence. I feel sorry for Liona. Being nearly omnipotent, you can't have very many friends. You can't even show your true face to your family out of fear you might kill them. It truly is a sad writing the good ones!
Maurice Elias A. Nigma chapter 8 . 1/26/2005
Hey, I just finished reading this chapter of yours and I think that its great. Liona is the daughter of Lina and Gourry? I honestly didn't see that coming. Reading this chapter actually inspired me to write a crossover fic that is a murder mystery. With the characters of Sonic the Hedgehog and Slayers banding together to solve this mystery. However, who would be murdered and who will be the accused murderer that will be framed for the real one's crime? It's just in development, so have a good day.
Winged Knight chapter 8 . 1/23/2005
For once, I have few idea's. I had only guessed at around half the things that Sylphiel said. The dragon and demon thing, yes. The love thing, no. I noticed the day and night thing, but didn't figure it like that. That was a very complex plan. But In have to wonder, why is Liona bothering to do this? Is something powerful coming that she needs these two to relize their true powers? Is it something she herself cannot become involved with? Is Liona still the same as she was? Does she still feel regular human emotions now that she's reached this state of near omnipotent power? So many questions that must be left to the imaginations of many. It's absolutly wonderful. Keep writing the good ones!