Reviews for For the Love of my Friends
jcampbellohten chapter 57 . 4/4
Well, damn. It was so close to a good ending point, too. That sucks. Typos, occasionally awkward wording, and everyone (especially Jiraiya) constantly referring to Minato exclusively as "the Yondaime" aside (maybe his name wasn't released yet when you started this - I know you started writing this early in the series - but I think you had to have learned it by the time of the later chapters), it was a good read. I believe your writing noticeably improved toward the later chapters.

Sometimes Naruto would talk the way the narrator did, which was a manner of speech I believe to be too sophisticated for him and thus ooc. I like how you made people's "conversions" more realistic; i.e., "he's not suddenly a good person, he's just willing to do better now." The romance scenes, at least the two or three times Hinata was in Naruto's lap, were overdoing their supposed closeness, in my opinion. I didn't like that you were treating it like their ninja continent was part of real-life Earth what with your references to "Western weapons" and idioms like "hired guns/out-gunned" and reference to the Rambo movies. Having demons be a whole established species and the Tailed Beasts' chakra be called "demon energy" a la YuYu Hakusho was an interesting angle.

I would expect Hanabi to become a great help in defending the school kids on their way to the evac point. Where did the Hokage go? Why does Itachi keep leaving Naruto alone if his motives were straightforwardly evil as the narrator claims they were during some scene in Itachi's POV? (Unless you were planning to ret-con it like canon does...) Was there a plan for Ino's vision of Naruto's definite death to play out? Obviously, he partially transforms and that's how two of the Akatsuki get mauled to death. I suspect Hinata would use the "Fire of Life" jutsu she found in that scroll in the library to bring him back to life, though I don't know whether it would kill her via life transfer or not.
jcampbellohten chapter 45 . 4/3
I'm worrying now that for all its great length, this is unfinished. I hope I'm wrong.
your knight in tinfoil armor chapter 13 . 3/23
Hello! I wanted to let you know that even though this story is discontinued, I still absolutely love it and it remains one of my most favorites of all time (-why awkward phrasing ughhhh) And so even though this is like the fiftieth time I've re-read it, it still remains great!

Anyway, I drew you some fanart of this chapter, of Kakashi/Obito as one person. You can find it at http[colon][slash][slash]valley[nospace] .com[slash]post[slash]114409955157[slash]kakashi[hyphen]and[hyphen]obito[hyphen]melded[hyphen]from[hyphen]for[hyphen]the[hyphen]love[hyphen]of[hyphen]my

Hopefully that all shows up, just replace the blocked out words with the symbols. If it doesn't work, the image is on tumblr under the name valleypauper.

I hope you like it!
kai chapter 57 . 3/11
what the hell atleast complete damn chunin exam war part
Battlesny chapter 44 . 3/8
wants to use demon's weapons against a demon. his enemy is from Konoha. weaponizing the tools given to him.
my first and only guess is Gatoh.
Battlesny chapter 15 . 3/6
naruto wasn't in america when this fanfic was made?
I guess that explains all the hypothetical questions in the notes.
boo chapter 2 . 1/2
j
MollyEvens chapter 15 . 11/29/2014
the hokage is asuma's daddy and asuma is konohamaru's uncle
Digidestined Dude 15 chapter 57 . 10/15/2014
This has to be one of the best, well-written and well-organized pieces of fanfiction - hell, written works in general - I've ever read in my whole life!

You've truly captured the essence of Naruto and created a perfect recreation of what he would do and how others would act if he was 10 years older and traveled back in time. I know there's a very small chance you'll continue this, but will you at least consider it? For the sake of your readers?
Guest chapter 57 . 9/20/2014
Noooo! Cliffhanger!
But anyways, thx for such an interesting fanfic. I respect that u do not wish to continue this story although I sincerely hope that u will.
WhiteFang001 chapter 33 . 8/17/2014
'What Naruto wouldn't give to seal Orochimaru's soul to a toilet for all eternity.'
HAHAHAHA - wow! Loved this chapter - and this whole story so far! Can't wait to read more! Sleep! Who needs it?!
Guardian54 chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
Shikamaru should have figured out the easy plan to pass the exam: Asuma never said they had to stay within the training ground, so if the finish line marks the other side of said training ground... WALK AROUND THE THING.

One big skill for ninja: avoid conflicts and risks where possible/viable.
Giou Yomi chapter 51 . 7/30/2014
Finally Kabuto is dead! You just realized my life long dream.
Kylar5tern chapter 9 . 7/17/2014
Just one thing dude, Shunshin is the standard ninja technique where they disappear in a puff of smoke, the yondaime's special teleportation technique was the Hiraishin :)
SoaringOnWings chapter 57 . 7/14/2014
OMG. T-T I'm so sad that you aren't continuing this, but, it was good while it lasted!
5,581 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »