Reviews for The Green Eyed Monster
SongtotheMoon17 chapter 6 . 5/21/2013
Aww I had such hope that they were goin to run away together and be in love and be happy together! Now I'm sad :(
Hitokiri Dark Empress chapter 6 . 11/5/2007
...wow just wow. Poor Chauvelin, the way you portray him is absolutely wonderful. You can't just abandon this story yet! Oh please do continue. It's awfully cruel to leave Chauvelin's relationship with Marguerite like that.
Shiro Ryuu chapter 2 . 11/5/2007
*wistful sigh* Ah, me... I just stayed up until 2 a.m. to read this, and unfortunately I think I'm much too tired to do it justice. It's amazing though! Such intense emotions... I kept nearly crying; stories just don't do that to me XP *more sighing* And I friggin love Chauvelin. I think you did a pretty darn good job on his personality, personally; it's not as if he's given up on the Revolution. The conflict is still there, and what a good job you do portraying it too! That and the passion too. I sort of (really) wish she could wind up with him in the end, though it kind of doesn't seem like the story's leaning that way _~ I suppose it really is a doomed relationship; I suppose this is probably about the best they could ever have... though if you could actually make it work, I would love you forever for it... *shakes head* Gah, though! You started this nearly a year ago! T_T Maybe you really don't care anymore; maybe you've totally forgotten all about it by now... but it would be such a tragedy if it went unfinished! T_T Fics of this quality are so hard to come by, you know... I know how annoying and pointless it is when people ask you to continue fics you've lost interest in-so I won't ask, I guess, but just sort of really strongly imply :D *sii~gh* *favs and alerts, just on the off chance*
Bubbly Spirt chapter 5 . 12/12/2006
YES; what have you done, Marguerite? PLEASE update soon! Excellently written - I hope there will be more on Percy's opinions. I repeat - PLEASE update soon!
Animeangel290 chapter 4 . 4/7/2006
This is so good. IT's almost like it fits into the stroy perfectly. I've read the book and now my high school is putting on the musical. It's an amazing show! GReat stroy!
Citizen Chauvelin chapter 4 . 3/30/2006
Alright, good to see that you've finally got this thing rolling again. And when you told me you were tempted to work on this thing again, I figured that I'd better leave another one of my psycho review rants to get you working on it. because Heaven knows I am not the only one who loves this story to death. Ok. Like last time.

Marguerite - He incessant pestering of Percy is fantastic. I like how his silence about the whole affair is driving her insane, as it should. Her entire confrontation with Chauvelin was very well done, and I would say is the highlight of this chapter. Those last three paragraphs at the end of that section was extremely well done, and it gives you an extremely good launch point for the next chapter.

Chauvelin - As we all expected, he has reverted to being a total ass. However, I think you need to have a small segment dedicated to getting inside his head. You have done so with the other characters, and we still have no idea what Chauvelin is doing. Going off on what he said in the first chapter about giving up the Revolution for Margot, I think he would realize that he's being a jerk and reverting to actions that drove her away in the first place. He may not appologize for it, but he would definately beat himself up for it and refrain from doing such things in the future. A Chauvie reflection period is long past due and, as far as I'm concerned, needed. He did have some really great lines though, such as that one jab about ruining Percy. That was great.

Percy - And now that he's effictivly in the story, Percy is fantastic. The entire evasive thing he's got going is just typically him, but seems more like he's trying to make himself forget about the whole affair. He needs to actually sit down and think about the matter. I kind of want to see him blow his top. As much as a gentleman Percy is, he's going to be angry about this, and up until now, he has not given it much thought.

Overall, excellent chapter. Though I would love to see Marguerite finally have it with Percy and confront him herself about her infidelity. That fight would certainly be interesting to see, and some well placed romanticism on Chauvelin's part would drive Margot to actually start to leave. Personally, I would love to see her at her wits end and actually start to leave. Give Suzanne a reason to make good on her earlier promise. Anyhow, excelent chapter. Don't keep us waiting too long for the next one.
CanaceErinn chapter 4 . 3/18/2006
Yay, a new chapter! You've once again captured the tone of the three main characters perfectly. Great job.
Citizen Chauvelin chapter 3 . 2/27/2006
My verbal harassing for you to continue this masterpiece has failed miserably, so I have decided that perhaps I should leave a long, detailed review on why I like this, and why you should continue. What better way to say "I love this story" then with a long, detailed review / rant? I am going to do this character by character, and finish up with a bit on the actuall story, as to be sure that I cover everything that I want to say about this piece.

Marguerite - As you know, I am a severe Chauvelin / Marguerite shipper, but I will confess that Chauvie blew it big time and lost her for good. However, the way you portrayed her makes the entire scenario extremely believable. Her talk with Suzanne really drove that home and captured the exact relationship that she has with the two men. And that one paragraph where she explains the why behind taking Chauvelin back is phenominal and one hundred percent believable. I simply love her moments with Chauvelin, and the general unhappiness that she feels is captured beautifully and does well to convey that she is still madly in love with Percy. That whole conversation with Suzanne really served its purpose to showcase what on earth she is doing, and remove any pretense that she was simply sick of the fop. Also, the last conversation with Chauvelin really conveys how much she still loves Percy, and how under no circumstances will she ever love Chauvelin again. All in all, that entire last chapter served Marguerite's purpose beautifuly.

Chauvelin - Aside from being just a kick ass character in general, You managed to capture his entire suave, seductive nature quite well. In addition to that, however, you managed to build on and display exactly how much he is in love with Marguerite. Up until the third chapter, he was just overtly gentle as I would imagine a lover would be. However, in the third chapter, his ending scene with Margot really drives home exactly how madly in love he is with her. How utterly careful he is around her and how cautious and concerned he is with her mood, as it were, is fantastic and really shows that he is actually in love, not just lusting after her. I cannot stress enough how much that final scene contributed to the story. It really sums up the entire character of both Chauvelin and Marguerite, and manages to really display the nature of their relationship and the feelings one has for the other.

Suzanne - I cannot emphasize enough how much she has helped the story. That whole scene in chapter three did so much to add to the entire character and the motives behind Marguerite's actions, and that is what the story truly needed. Either way, I like Suzanne. Perfectly innocent, and perfectly twitchy, as she so should be. However, I eagerly await a confrontation between her and Chauvelin, which I imagine would play out as quite the disaster.

Percy - He hasn't been in this much, yet what he was in was good. I really don't think he had a strong enough reaction to the fact that Margot is cheating on him. I would personally add a small bit that basically details what on earth he is thinking, for he is no doubt hurt and very angry, and the fact that she still loves him probably doesn't do much to help. The fact remains that she is sleeping with another man. I would love to see Percy confront Marguerite and Chauvelin so we can see exactly how he would go about battling out this situation.

Overall, this story is beautifully written, and it makes sense. I could see this actually happening. The way you capture Marguerite and Chauvelin's feelings is fantastic, and their entire dynamic is very well done. All in all, I adore this story.
confused chapter 3 . 1/29/2006
are you going to continue this story?

i really think you should! i want to know what happens next! the story isn't finished yet!

o_O

please continue it! can't wait for the next chapter!
Maska chapter 3 . 11/13/2005
This really is wonderful. I love Chauvelin, absolutely adore him and you've captured him so well...that charming, seductive manner that he has. I'm really absorbed in this. I can't wait to see what Marguerite will do next, and how Percy will act.

Changing story completely, I've just read on your profile that you're an R/C fan... that makes me happy, we do exist. Christine and Raoul are just perfect and Erik can love her as much as he likes but they just don't go... anyway, this is rather unconnected to anything and ranting. Please update soon
Wenham-Wonderer chapter 3 . 10/31/2005
Yeah! You updated ! I love your story. I'm such a C/M shipper. :P :)
nebulia chapter 3 . 10/31/2005
An update! I thought you'd given up.

Awesome chapter...I love Marguerite's characterization. It's really good.
daleague chapter 2 . 10/22/2005
please update!

i wanna know what is gonna happen next!

is Chauvelin and Marguerite gonna end up together?

can't wait for the next chapter!
EyeoftheHawk chapter 2 . 2/16/2005
Very very good. I liked all of your descriptions, and also aluding to Chauvelin and Marguerite's meeting in Paris. I myself have not seen the musical, but you have kept the characters of the novel in character, while writing a successful love fic. I praise you. Keep it going.

Good luck

E.H.
Wenham-Wonderer chapter 2 . 1/15/2005
this is very aren't that many Margurite/Chauvelin shippers. out there, and this truly is a masterpeice.