Reviews for Things That Fade
Mirumo chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Wow. You have a way to turn me into a big puddle of goo. This is just so utterly romantic, gorgeous, adorable, deep, meaningful, heart-melting, and yet also very original : because you'd think that writing about a dwarf and an elf cooing under the rain, next to roses, would be freakishly weird, but it isn't. It just adds to its beauty. Loooved it!
yamina-chan chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
I don't agree with 'love' between these two usually, but this time... your storry is beautifull and well written. Everything fits perfectly together
Nyn-the-Cat chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Before I started reading your Gimli/Legolas-Fanfictions, even being a huge fan of the book (more than the movie) and Tolkien in general, I would never have imagined I'd enjoy more than a curious friendship between those two.

However, you have already changed my mind and this little story is so touching and sweet (and also beautifully balanced between the transient and the lasting), that I'll be sure to read more from you :)
Goddess of Idun chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
"I am a dwarf. The things that I love are bright and beautiful as the sun-and they do not fade, they live forever. And they are curiously enamored of rainstorms."

i loved that line...
Evandar chapter 1 . 10/26/2005
Wow. I've read all your LotR Fics, and I'd like you to know that you've gotten me into the Legolas/Gimli pairing. You write it so beautifully...

If I had time I would have reviewed all of them, but I didn't so I chose this at random. It's one of my favourites though.

I've added you to author alert so I look forward to seeing what you write next.
Comrade Anathema chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Aw! Who can resist a kiss in the rain?

Wonderful use of metaphor! Exquisite Imagery!

The only suggestion I can make is with the sentence, "And even if it was, it would make no difference." Grammatically, it is a subjunctive clause, and should thus be "And even if it were..."
Rhys chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
Aww! Cute attack! That was adorable! The conversation was so well orchestrated on so many levels. The descriptions were lovely. And the story was simply beautiful! That's one of the cutest things I've ever read.
The Balrog of Altena chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
beautiful!

I loved the way they spoke about lasting and non-lasting things. It was very dwarvish and elvish _

remember that I translated 'When your pillow refuses to remove his armour'? Here you have another review I recieved not long ago:

Abulafia ( )

"Hello, I liked this fic very much. As you said,

I think they way Gimli and Legolas's relationship is described resembles that of Tolkien. Furthermore, I think it cleverly describes the kind of tender and soft love that elves might feel for those who they love. Thanks very much for translating it! Greetings, Abulafia."

I would like to translate this fic too. Do I have your permission?
Triskell chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
I love the story! It's sweet and warm and I particularly enjoyed your play with words - and the setting ;D. I remember being out in summer rain myself...
Alma's Muse chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
This was a well written, thoughtful and symbolic story. I really liked how you tied in the analogy of the rose with Gimli and Legolas' love. You had a very good grasp on their emotions. I really enjoyed this piece. Thanks for this read! Very good!

Alma's Muse
LadyJanelly chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
Adorable. I like the way "lasting" varies depending on point of view. Nice piece.