Reviews for Guardians of the Gate
Saggit chapter 12 . 1/26/2011
Hadn't realized you'd done a sequel-and apparently, there's another. This one? Good. Nice handling of the ensemble, good dialog, and attractive characterizations.
josh chapter 12 . 2/15/2006
first off, thank you for a very good story. i just found the first part the other day, and i couldn't stop reading. i love the wes/faith relasonship, and bringing cordy, fred and doyle back into the fold. i'd like to see some of lorne though. loved the burroughs qoute, hadn't read enough of him lately. putting lindsey with the good guys, didn't see it coming, but i'm liking it. oh well, your doing a great job can't wait for the rest. by the way, you write action pretty well, so don't beat yourself up about it. thanks one more time for bringing these characters to life, if only in my mind, for a few more adventures.
Flint chapter 12 . 11/20/2005
very good story. I have enjoyed reading it and will start looking for the promised sequel.
MidCircleNine chapter 12 . 6/9/2005
Not entirely sure why I'm reviewing here, other than to be the 100th reviewer and to help possibly inflate your head with glowing comments and praise for the trilogy, which I'll now go on to continue.

Everything I said last night, er, early this morning is still the same. I love it, for all the same reasons, and for the fact that you were able to bring in so many people all at once, and have them interact with each other so well, and hae each one ultimately provide something for the story, however little it may have been. Too cool.
MidCircleNine chapter 3 . 6/8/2005
Wow. I love these. This series so far, I mean. I read the first one, and just began on the second, though it's late now and the need for sleep is readily making itself more and more known..

I really do love the way you've taken the ideas and run with them. It's not predictable, nor is it so un-predictable that you can't follow it or so that it deosn't make sense. And the characterizations are awesome. So very close to the cannons, but still slightly OC as would fit with what happened at the end of S5. Too cool. (And even though I've not seen NFA yet, I read the script for it, and agree with the way you said it, that Joss really didn't want to kill Wes, and that was him in the scene. Plus, Wes is my favorite character, so it's much more fun for me that way. Lol.)

Anyway, I'm sorry if this is a bit jumbled or run-on-ish, I'm sleepy. And can't wait to continue reading this tomorrow, and then catch up on the third fic too. I love the way you write, and can completely see entire scenes coming together in front of me as I read them. Which is just one of the best things that can happen while reading anything.
J chapter 8 . 3/22/2005
This is a FANTASTIC chapter - the emotional reunion of the Fang Gang was somehow plausible. The guardian angel bit with Fred and the rest is also great - but I confess I don't get why they don't break the rules willy-nilly if it works. Are there consequences?

Heck, your Lilah/Lindsey scene was likewise perfect, keeping her bad yet still that hint of what we saw in her and makes us want to write fics where she DOES get redeemed. Emotional, yet still that bit of snark which seems to accompany most truth-revealing scenes.
MilaLemony chapter 12 . 2/2/2005
I know I’m repeating myself but what a wonderful story - again. I really love how you write the characters; especially Wes, Faith and Angel. The Wes-Faith relationship in all your stories (at least the ones I’ve read so far) is always so believable, because you don't write them as too fluffy but you show them as the complicated people that they are.

Also in your stories the characters face the problems the show left sometimes unsolved. For example I always regretted that Wes and Angel never really talked about the whole "Connor-debacle". But you pick up those lose ends and tie them together.

I loved that you brought in Wes’ Dad and I hope to read more about that in the sequel. Oh, and not to forget I totally adore the witty dialogues particularly between Wes and Faith.

Thanks for this great story.
psychotic chaos chapter 12 . 1/25/2005
WOW! Sorry I haven't reviewed in so long. Internet connection at home went BOOM! Need I say more?

Anyway, read and reviewed from the net cafe. Absolutely LOVED this story and can't wait for the sequel.

Just a few thoughts (this is gonna be long):

Mark... evil... I did NOT see THAT coming. Hm... in the words of Spike Buffy really does have 'bleeding tragic taste in men'... poor Buffy.

I loved the idea that Faith/Wes/Angel got super powers - the ability to open portals would have worked wonders for getting Connor back, eh?

And FINALLY we see Wes and Faith you know... together.

Like I said, I'll be keeping an eye out for the next story. Keep it up!
mandie chapter 12 . 1/22/2005
I'm still here and I'm still reading! Life gets so hectic, huh?

Anyway... awesome, awesome, AWESOME stuff! I finally got some REAL Wes/Faith kissage... I'm ecstatic.

And another sequel? Yay! I can hardly wait!

You freakin' rock!
Shawooshy chapter 12 . 1/14/2005
Bravo...honestly great job...best chapter you have written so far

I think you really caught the full grasp of all the characters there at the end

loved the cordy angel convo had me all choked up there for asec...same with the spike buffy convo loved it!

i really like the idea of a good freindship between cordy and fred joss didnt really explore that very much in my opinion

faith and wesley...could there be two ppl better for each other?...fucked up slayer and very fucked up watcher ah im happy...u know you cant have a happy ending for them though ...it just doesnt fit the angelverse...shame though sure wopuld like a happy ending for once!
goldenshadows chapter 12 . 1/13/2005
looking forward to the sequel!
I.B. Slackin chapter 12 . 1/13/2005
That was a very touching ending to this fic. The Angel/Cordelia conversation was very interesting... I wonder what she meant when she said "you'll know when the time comes".

Wes and Faith are finally together, yay.

It's good that Angel is looking to patch up his relationship with Wesley. Although I don't think he could EVER fully forgive Wesley for what happened in season 3, no matter how much he loves the man. They do need to talk about it though, because they never really have.

I'm very much looking forward to the sequel. I just want to leave this little suggestion: no big bad please. I think this fic was the most interesting when it was focused on the characters and their interactions with one another, like in the first 5 chapters. You do action well, but even in the show I feel that the sudden inclusion of villians and such sometimes is more of a diversion from the really interesting stuff (Jasmine, anyone?).

Not that I expect you to listen to me. :p Any good author does things their own way, and you're very good.
Imzadi chapter 12 . 1/12/2005
Mark is Giles' illegitimate brother? Wow! So what happens to him now? I know Spike misses Illyria, but I think he'll get over her. With Buffy? I hope. And Faith & Wes certainly make an interesting couple, but I doubt she could kick his ass any more! Now we have to get Fred & Lindsey together. There aren't many people I'd want to give my Dear Boy to, but she's one. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Luc Star chapter 12 . 1/12/2005
nice way to end it.. well... not end it.. but i am really curious what will happen in the third installment of the series. good luck and hope to read more from you in the future.
pari106hotmail.com chapter 12 . 1/12/2005
I'm definitely thinking "fortunately" here. You write to your heart's content :) I'm loving every chapter of this fic, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm hoping poor Spike gets someone to give him hope again :) And that there's some Angel/Wes resolution/bonding... And good things for Lindsey... Thanks so much for this excellent fic. Keep 'em coming ;p