Reviews for Secrets and Shadows
lindergail chapter 21 . 9/24/2014
Know I'm late to the party, but wanted you to know how much I enjoyed this. My take on Shanahan was always that he had a much darker side than the PTB dealt with so I was fine with offing him! Oh, and thinking about it, I have enjoyed all your writing. Good work. Hope you're keeping in up in other places. Best, Vicki
bec chapter 21 . 1/8/2013
Loved every word!
mgamberger chapter 21 . 10/12/2011
Wonderful fic! This evil Pete was great :) thanks
Josephine Martin chapter 21 . 4/13/2011
Absoultely fabulous! A really enjoyable read.
Harmne chapter 21 . 1/16/2011
Good story, hated to see Sam even *thinking* about taking Pete-the-ass back! Little sad near the end but still leaves us on a positive note. Great writing!
purrfus chapter 21 . 7/13/2009
I'm not really into Jack/Sam. On the other hand, I like well written and this was. This is also the only story I've seen where the possible effects of Jolinar's presence were considered during the story. Good use of detail.
petitestars chapter 21 . 12/22/2008
Excellent story. The most realistic and in character fic of any that involve Pete and pregnancy.
jafacakes chapter 21 . 5/4/2008
Wonderful story, thank you.
julisamay chapter 21 . 5/2/2008
That was so beautiful... The last bit made me want to cry. Listening to Highland Cathedral at the same time probably didn't help matters!

Anyway, that was so wonderful and well written. Thank you for writing it.

Lyss
hedwiggins chapter 21 . 1/7/2008
Aw, what a sweet ending. Right or wrong, Jacob just doesn't get that one can't regulate their heart when it comes to love - in spite of the regs.
hedwiggins chapter 13 . 1/7/2008
I find it really interesting what Daniel chooses is appropriate to tell his friends about something private in one of the other's lives. He doesn't seem to have any trouble telling the others about Sam's personal life/feelings, but turns around with Jack's and says it isn't his place to tell. Hm - double standard of some kind here.
hedwiggins chapter 12 . 1/7/2008
Well, until Pete showed up, I was going to saw aw, what a sweet afternoon, with all the lovely things her team was doing for her. And the lovely chat in her room with Jack was touching. And in this instance, I love the way they all gathered around her to protect her from Pete's wrath and rotten words.
hedwiggins chapter 9 . 1/7/2008
Sam has "to do the right thing" - according to who? Jack O'Neill? Daniel? A friend has the right to comment or advise - neither of which Jack is doing. Daniel is going overboard, but I admire his tenacity (in a way) toward being there for Sam and truly being her friend.
hedwiggins chapter 8 . 1/7/2008
Yay team SG1 - love the way they let Pete have it. But again, they are making decisions for Sam without consulting her. And yes, at some point she's likely to blow and they really, really won't like it when she does - they'll be looking for things to hide behind at the very least - and I have to say they'll deserve it. Even though as usual, she'd get over it quickly.
hedwiggins chapter 7 . 1/7/2008
Given how good Jack is at "reading" Sam, why is it that he can't see right through her "I'm fine" or "I don't need anybody" when she gets so stubborn? Seems to me that if he had half a brain, he'd realize that she's just protecting herself in an impossible situation for her - him being with Melissa now - just like he protected himself when Sam was with Pete. And why on earth does he always feel like she doesn't need a thing from him, when deep down inside, he knows very well that she does?