Reviews for Red with Envy
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Good work. Very good. An excursion into the mind of one conflicted woman.
gabthebomb chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
This was really good. It completely makes sense with the events that happened in the movie. Your story revolves around one of my favorite scenes, and I commend your talent!

xx
fAteD lOvE chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I like this introspective of Mirage's thoughts, it gives a very accurate in depth on her personality, thanks for this
Megara15 chapter 1 . 5/10/2008
I really like this one! You are a great writer! :)
Sleepless Eremite chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Again, an amazing fic. I adore your work:) I have no choice but to add you to my favorite authors. Please, continue!
those-cheekbones chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
This was absolutely brilliant. I've always wondered what was going through Mirage's head at parts during the movie, and you just hit it spot-on in this, I think!
klic chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
YES! *Jumps up and down clapping* That was amazing, you did an excellent job. Please, could you write more Mirage-centric fics? I know its weird, but I loved the idea of her and Bob together in the movie...

Anyway, I'll stop babbling now and try to get a life. ;) But great work!
griffin-queen-of-silver-skies chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
good story, very good, i am a huge fan of mirage, she rox! and i also am a fan of the bob/mirage paring...even if it means cheating on mrs incredible...muahahahah, but, thats the way the cookie crumbles...aw man, now im hungry, very well done and keep up the good work...l8er *wanders off to find a cookie
Bikabyte chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
*Gasps* Wow! All I can say is wow! *Claps* Bravo! Yet, somehow I feel as though I had read this before, but didn't review it. I love your sense of the writing sytle! Simply love it!
LittleMissPerfect1 chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
First off, no offense to Mirage because I was fond of her as well, this particular scene did touch a nerve because I honestly adore Elastigirl more and could completely sympathize with her fury at seeing Mirage in her husband's arms. Of course, I'm simply insane like that. Ask Paul after he so much as tells her girl hi in passing between classes!

However, I truly enjoyed this piece! I definitely agree with you about the flash of jealousy and bitterness in Mirage's eyes for a split second during that scene (which totally intensified my defensive feelings on Mrs. Incredible's behalf!) and I am at least glad that you justified her some by having her reflect on her past and why she was feeling such envy. Enough to give the reader the gist of Mirage's background, but also keep her mysterious. I would have preferred her to want a man LIKE Mr. Incredible, instead of the very Super himself, because that would allow me to forgive her more, but if you must transform her into an adulterist... Haha, I'm just kidding, kinda.

I did notice a couple of mistakes with punctuation that are not a huge deal, so I thought I'd mention that. On the other hand, I loved how you would have paragraphs of description and then an abruptly short line that summed her feelings up in an instant. It really flowed with her thought process, it was awesome! I also appreciated the continuous theme with the color red (Mirage's red cheek, as well as Elastigirl's red suit and red hair...), and how it symbolized Mirage's envy, especially for love. Which is sorta ironic, since red is also a shade for red! Nice! I just noticed that, lol, epiphany! Also, wonderful touch with Syndrome coming in to apologize and getting angry at her "insolent behavior" just as quickly! I really liked the metaphor there!

Well, that's about all I can think of to say. Beautiful job as always, the vocabulary you used astounds my amature ears! Lol! I guess this is enough grounds to remain a loyal fan of your writing, though that is subject to change *rolls eyes* Love ya! ~Michelle
puppiescute a.k.a. Mic Mic chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
I really enjoyed it. At first the thought of Mirage wanting Mr. Incredible bothered me because I wanted her to want Syndrome. But when I thought about I realized it wasn't necessarily " " that Mirage wanted but she wanted everything that came along with teh package. To put in in short terms the woman wants a man and some kids. . But I really did like this story. It's a great one-shot! Now I'm off to read yur other fics.

See Ya!

.~

Mic Mic
Random Stranger chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Wow! You're story was so emotional. I never would have thought Mirage might have felt jealous over Mr. and Mrs. Incredible. Keep on writing! (please!)
thorn-bird chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
I wasn't expecting this to be so well-written. You should write more Mirage/Mr. Incredible fic in the future; I'd read it. This is going on my faves list.
Lhxtreme chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
I have to say I loved your story. It captured that scene so perfectly.
Isabelle chapter 1 . 12/5/2004
Fabulous, I must say. The story is so well written that even the reader may feel them. You have a great with words, and your own explaination (of sorts) of this scene in the movie is just that: great (yes, I can't think of enough adjectives)! Very interesting.