Reviews for Out of Time
kandlepawz chapter 31 . 1/9
*fangirl screams and flailing*

Don't know if you will ever see this since it's been so long since you finished, but I loved this fic so much! You did an awesome job portraying the characters, and I love the idea, as well as how you carried it out! Thank you for writing this, and seeing it through to the end!
DaleksandTimeLordsandPearsOhMy chapter 30 . 11/15/2016
Omg this is perfection! I loved the way you characterised both Kenshin and Battousai, I felt like it could almost be part of the original series. Writing style was great and I really enjoyed reading this story, as late as I am in reading it. Keep writing! I hope I can finish a story soon too!
palmtreehead chapter 28 . 10/5/2016
Absolutely beautiful. I actually have tears running down my face. I love reading about love like Tomoe's (and Ushiro's too) - unselfish. Thanks for sharing
littlemsstrawberry chapter 31 . 9/19/2016
Love it so much.
SomebodyLost chapter 31 . 7/4/2016
I've reread this again, and it's awesome, dude! I hope you write more stuff from the Ruruken fandom.

Thanks for writing!
Aeliya.Nightwing chapter 17 . 5/25/2016
Damn, this chapter made me cry. It tore me how deep you had played the relationship of the master and student. I know Hiko is a hard man but it was definitely obvious how he cared for his student, despite being a baka deshi. Aggghhh, it's so hard to surpress tears while pretending to work on a research.

*ahem*

You might be surprised why getting a review now after you've written and finished it a long time ago. ; It's nice to go back to old fandoms and I find comfort that these good stuff are still kept. :) Brings so much great memories, at the same time it is always good to read well-written stories.
InARealPickle chapter 30 . 3/4/2016
This story was beautiful. It has been a while since I have enjoyed reading a fanfic as much as I did this one.
fariedragon chapter 31 . 1/30/2016
I just found this story and fell in love with.
rockyroad69 chapter 30 . 6/27/2015
Thank you for writing this gem of a fanfic. It was an absolute pleasure to read this, and a fantastic ride through deep characters, developed so naturally as if it was Fate writing this story, on a unique premise.

It was a pleasure to read this~

-Art
The Power Of Names chapter 31 . 6/18/2015
You are the only author I have read that included alternate/deleted scenes. This story was awesome. Seriously loved it.
The Power Of Names chapter 5 . 6/18/2015
I so enjoy sentimental Hiko.
Animercom chapter 31 . 6/3/2015
I'm the 1300th reviewer! Yay! I really loved this story. Everyone's characterizations and the conversations they have as they struggle with the situation and themselves are simply amazing. They make this story shine. Your attention to detail is amazing, too. It showed through when Battosai was learning everyone's names and Sano told Battosai that he wasn't taking orders, but learning about people who cared about him. Of course, Battosai, in an attempt to make sense of the situation, would think of it as such, but I never would have come up with that on my own. My favorite scenes have to be the conversations between Hiko and Kenshin in either time (Sano's conversations with Battosai about their friendship came in a close second though). Though Hiko is arrogant, he does care a lot about his baka deshi, even if he doesn't show it much. This came across very well within the story. I was really touched by the part when Hiko told Kenshin that even if he had turned into Battosai, Hiko would have been willing to talk to him.
Another thing I found really interesting was Battosai's insistence on being called Battosai. I would have figured (and other fanfic writers have assumed so as well) that Kenshin hates the name Battosai. However, hearing Battosai's reasoning it makes sense that he would want to be called that. The name is a part of the mask he wears, a part of the barrier to protect his heart from the horrors that he does. Another aspect of Battosai that I loved was how human he appeared. His smiles, his laughs... so many writers portray Battosai as extremely angry and impatient, unintentionally making Battosai seem more like a demon. But your story showed how someone like him was human enough to survive even while fighting in a war.
You did a great job portraying Kenshin's fear in his past. For him it really would be a living nightmare and hell. During the last fight between Kenshin and Saito in the past, my heart leapt in my throat when Kenshin almost used the wrong sword and expected to see blood when he fought with the sakabato. Very well done! When Kaoru discovered her name in the wall, I wondered for a moment if Kaoru would travel back in the past with Kenshin. That would have been a very intersecting development! Kaoru would get to see exactly how Kenshin as Battosai was and how his life was. I do know why you didn't do this, I'm just saying that's a cool idea for a story. (Has this already been done in another story? If so please let me know!) It was interesting how you included Shishio and that Ushiro and Nozomi got married in the end.
I was a little disappointed that not everyone from the present realized that Kenshin was Battosai, but I understand why you didn't have it this way. However, I would have thought for sure that Kaoru, who loves Kenshin, would have realized the difference right away. Also, with Kaoru almost confessing her love for Kenshin within the story, I thought there would have been a final conversation between her and Kenshin during the ending talking about Tomoe and their feelings for each other (or at least dance around confessing their feelings as usual). The ending was very well done and neatly wrapped up the story, addressing all of the loose ends. Thank you very much for writing this fantastic story! I enjoyed it immensely!
an-earl chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
I spent the entirety of my day reading every single chapter of this fic.
This story is so well written, the characters so real and accurate, I had to lay down and calm myself or gasp or swear multiple times whenever a new plot twist happened.
And boy were they so many great, justified plot twists!

How this story was thought up and how all those little details added up perfectly is beyond me. I just got off my newfound Kenshin high after the live action trilogy and this was like, a religious experience. Even though it was written long ago, every part of it had me in suspense.

My god the dialogue! The dialogue between the characters had me laughing and dying and at one point my feels got so violent I had the teary eye. I appreciate all the scenes with Hiko and Kenshin the most, 1865 or 1878. Those scenes were just powerful. Hiko talking of the prototype pot as an obvious parallel to kenshin, eveytime he saved him and the hiko-sass- its literally amazing and everything I've ever wanted.

The plot about little, suicidal boy sano and battousai saving him, that was ingenious! When the twist was revealed I had to look up from my laptop and re-evaluate life choices. A little thing that was so memorable to me is (chap 7?) when '65 Saito berates Okita for having a cold 'just what we needed' type attitude, its dark and just stuck considering we know what happens. But there are so many similarly interesting and layered moments like that that its hard to point out right now. Again, the dialogue is just so real.

The only thing is, I would have loved for Saito, past and present to be touched upon in the final resolution, when both kenshins return to their times.

Thankyou, SiriusFan13, for writing this amazing story. The plot was arresting, the characters written beautifully and true to kenshin's story, basically all plot-twists head canon worthy. Forgive me for this overly late and long review, but I really thank you so much for giving this story.

Thank you.
chemiczen chapter 8 . 4/5/2015
Let's throw logic out of the window by having Kenshin's friends not notice anything at all. Even Kaoru who's supposedly in love with Kenshin doesn't notice anything at all. Ridiculous. And let's not forget Sano keeping the situation a secret to himself. Why the hell would he do that? Ugh, the stupidity of this writer.

Excuse me while I facepalm my self to sleep.
tfwk22 chapter 31 . 3/3/2015
I have read this I'm not sure how many times now, but I still LOVE this story.
1,311 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »