Reviews for Out of Time
Drknite24 chapter 31 . 9/12
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your fic. It was a roller-coater of emotions throughout, especially as Kenshin reads Riyu's letter near the end. Ugh, killed me. I also enjoyed that this sort of focused on his friendship with Sano and how deeply connected I think those two are. Anyway, wonderful story and great job!
Rori77 chapter 31 . 7/1
Dear SiriusFan13:

Thank you for this brilliant story. I have loved every single chapter, including the deleted scenes, which felt a little like those extra scenes after the credits of the movie roll, which I always love!

This was a great story all around, but I particularly enjoyed your characterization. Each of the main characters was round and fully developed, and there was a feeling of growth which made go back and reread some of the first chapters again to better appreciate it.

I enjoyed the touches of humour too. And, most of all, the exquisite attention to detail, especially on how perception works (the character's focusing on different things at the same time, and having their attention drifting to apparently trivial things was utterly realistic).

I wish I could leave a deeper review than this, but I'm not as well equipped for that as I would like to be. I suppose you may not even read it, because you wrote this a long time ago, but I wished, to show my appreciation for your work all the same.

And yes, I'm off to read Amethyst and Amber now. How could I not?
Rori77 chapter 28 . 6/29
Oh dear... Chapter 28
I think I need to read this chapter again. There is so much to savour.
Rori77 chapter 26 . 6/29
I have the feeling that I this plan of fighting Saito is not going to work... Kaoru is the key.

I had been wondering about this anti-assassin... Usui! You really got me there!
Rori77 chapter 18 . 6/28
Now you give us parallelism? And pottery symbolism? My, I'm going to have to comment on every chapter after all, if they keep being this good. And I'm not sure if I'm being encouraging or just annoying. Probably annoying.
Rori77 chapter 17 . 6/28
I have to say, your characterization is excellent, and the work you did here wirh the very difficult conversation between Hiko and Kenshin is stunning.

This was my favourite bit, though:
"He's a baka that goes around saving people at risk of his own life, because he's gotten this idea into his thick skull that he can save Japan one person at a time. He's too stubborn to listen to people like me who know better. And just to spite me, he's pulling it off. He acts a lot like a certain boy I used to know. A baka with a good heart. That's who he is. Who you are."

Saving Japan one person at a time, and succeeding at it just to spite Hiko... Priceless!
Rori77 chapter 16 . 6/28
What you did there with Kaoru's name, that was beautiful.
Rori77 chapter 15 . 6/28
You are a fantastic writer and Sanosuke is a fantastic friend. And his asessment of Kenshin's way of thinking is spot on, I think.
Rori77 chapter 13 . 6/28
Chapter 13:

One of the things I love about Kenshin is how insightful he is. He shows it here, both about Shishio and with Katsura.

Now, I was trusting you not to be callous, Katsura! What is this I read?
Rori77 chapter 12 . 6/28
Deep stuff in this chapter!

And now I'm anxious about older Kenshin... what if he is given an assignment? But no, Katsura knows his story, outrageous as it may be, and he would not be as callous as that.
Rori77 chapter 10 . 6/28
"So much faith in me," he finally said.

Hehe...
Rori77 chapter 8 . 6/28
"No. This is Meiji, not Bakumatsu. I won't be ambushed here. Kaoru-dono won't be kidnapped. No one will try to use her to get to me. Those times are over."

Bless him...
Rori77 chapter 7 . 6/28
I found it a little odd that the narrator referred to young Kenshin as Battosai in this chapter, since it seems to identify with Sanosuke, who by no means calls Kenshin that any longer.

Okita made me laugh.
Rori77 chapter 6 . 6/27
Clever Yahiko! I knew he had sensed something was off during breakfast
Rori77 chapter 5 . 6/27
You worked in the pink gi controversy! Oh my gosh...
1,333 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »