Reviews for Out of Time
AmunRa chapter 30 . 11/11/2008
I started and stopped reading this story so many times over the years, so I'm glad that by the time I got to it again, it was complete.

I really enjoyed seeing how you explored both sides of Kenshin at such differing times. I loved Battousai's vulnerability, even when he was trying so hard to be strong and indifferent. I was glad to see that his interaction with Kenshin's friends changed him, even though he won't remember them.

Kenshin's part of it was also very powerful, because it gave him a chance to go back to the defining period of his life and look at it from an adult perspective. It's like he allowed himself to forgive his younger self for the mistakes that were made, which is a good step towards inner peace.

Oh, I can't not mention Hiko. You did an excellent job of portraying both sides of him, the younger, still somewhat bitter man who still felt some hurt over his apprentice's leaving, and the older, mellower Hiko who had finally made peace with Kenshin. My favorite scene was when the older Hiko allowed Battousai to see what was in the old chest. It was a very poignant scene, that left a lasting impression, even if Kenshin doesn't outright remember it.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Great story!
pikajay chapter 32 . 11/8/2008
Wow ... you've certainly captivated me. Well done!
Clarence Hikari chapter 32 . 9/21/2008
Wow.. I came across this story and it's really very very good... I really like ur plot, and the way u write.. and it's not too lenghty to feel tat it's a drag...

I've got nothing to say other than good work! and hope to read some of ur other works soon... )
Yami Maniac chapter 32 . 6/21/2008
Hi. I guess you probably don't expect a review for this story after all this time, from someone new, but I stumbled upon it and it's honestly one of the best time travel fics I've EVER seen, in any fandom. I love your style and the way the story developed. I really wish I had found this sooner...(I saw the little beta notice, and I wished I could have taken it up...) You have really been inspirational for me, and I hope you never give up writing, especially if you write such fantastic stories. (Little wonder you have over a thousand reviews.) I hope I can improve my own writing style, and learn how to create a story to rival this one. You are an amazing writer, and I think you must have spent a lot of time thinking about this fic. I'm really impressed. Now I shall wander off to check out your other stories. Please forgive me if this review was too long or mainly stupid rambling. I'm still starry eyed from your work.
Chibi Binasu-chan chapter 30 . 6/1/2008
Oh my gosh, that was AWESOME!

Haha... I spent the time to read this whole story in one sitting instead of doing my homework! But boy was it worth it. This was truly awesome, and I just can't say that enough. Cool plot, with a twist, awesome dialogue, excellent characters ON character, great figurative language, I just can't stop! It was a very well rounded, thought out, well-defined story. Great job, and thanks for the great read!

krista chapter 32 . 5/30/2008
I remember reading this fanfiction a very long time ago and really enjoying it. Since it was so long ago, I don't remember the last bit. You posted this last chapter is lighting a desire to once again read this fanfiction! Hope you can come up with other great stories like this one! Keep on writing :)
jazzy2may chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
very fascinating. :D
skenshingumi chapter 32 . 5/12/2008
I don't like this for an ending per se but I do like it as a side story. I would recommend posting it separately. This way is if ever does run into the song fic police, you do not jeopardize losing your main story. I also feel the original story just ends more powerfully where you had it. If I were reading your story for the first time, I would not want it to end on this. I do think the song has remarkable connection to your theme though.
Negotiatrix chapter 31 . 5/3/2008
Okay, I'm guilty of waiting and waiting to read this fic! I've known about it for a couple years, but hadn't quite gotten around to reading. Sorry! But now I have, and all in one day too! It definately holds up to my expectations, which were high. Omasuoniwabanshi and ShirouShinjin and Warg all have recommended it. I'll have to go and read the various spin-offs and parodies now!

As much as I just generally enjoyed your well-put-together plot, and all the little bits of foreshadowing, there was one particular thing that stood out to me. Hiko. I just love how you have portrayed him in each time and his varying reactions to Kenshin/Battousai. I really wanted to read more of his thoughts and point of view.

Here is the best part though: The redhead shot him a dark look. “You didn’t change, Shishou,” he said stubbornly. “You don’t change. You make other people change for you.”

And it wasn't even in the story itself! But it's SO true and cracked me up!

Great job! -Neg
SaoirseSpeir chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Oh My Good Lord. Totally in character, totally well-written, and the prose is wonderfully believable. It's been a while, RK fandom. It's good to see I can still be knocked off my feet by good fics!
Shahar Mystral chapter 30 . 4/28/2008
Absolutely Beautiful. I really enjoyed this story. I teared up at the end. It was well written and the characters developed nicely.
barefootandlost chapter 32 . 4/26/2008
That was absolutely great! I loved it all the way through!
just another fma fan chapter 32 . 4/22/2008
Oh! I need to go find this song now! It really does go well with the story. Love the song fic.
just another fma fan chapter 23 . 4/21/2008
Sorry, I want to read the next chapter really bad! But I had to say that I loved that line about being Katsura's sword:

"I am Katsura-san's sword. Without me, he is unarmed. That is what worries me."

"He HAS you."

"He has a sakabatou at his side. How long will that last in Bakumatsu?"

I loved that. It was perfect. xD
Peaches chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
I love it that I do. )

It was really really good. Seriously, I have no words to describe it. XD It was just amazing that Kenshin went back to that time again and his other's self went ahead of time. It'll be interesting to see what would happen next. I'll keep reading it or the better way to say it is that I can't stop reading it. _

Thank you very much for writing this amazing Rurouni Kenshin fiction. XD