Reviews for Out of Time
Elise chapter 31 . 12/12/2012
Amazing story! ty. :)
Rurounimous chapter 3 . 12/7/2012
Stupid Battousai. (I happen to like where this fic is going, by the way. Very interesting!)
flez2 chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
And even though I just spoilt the review by pressing the wrong button, I would like to thank you for this wonderful piece of art.
Reading it has been wonderful the first time around, and now it has been just as awesome, if not even more so. Thank you so very much!
Flez chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Once, several years ago, I read an awesome Kenshin fanfiction that involved time-travel. I liked it a lot, but as time passed, I gradually forgot about it.
For some reason, I returned to the fandom a few days ago and found a fanfiction that seemed too perfect to be true. Promising summary, complete and involving time-travel!
Inara Seraph chapter 14 . 10/16/2012
Melethril chapter 30 . 9/20/2012
This is - without doubt - the best time-travel story I've ever read.
I love what you've done with Battousai in general. I've spent a lot of time checking your Rurouni Kenshin stories today (when I should have studied) and this is my final conclusion: you write the past!Kenshin brilliantly and perfectly. I love Ushiro and the way you describe the entire war... It's fantastic and heartbreaking.

This story showed that you write the rurouni Kenshin just as great as the hitokiri. It's not a small thing.
There are so many great things about this story, I can't point my finger on what I loved the most. The connection between past and present, mainly created through Saito, Sano and Hiko. I absolutely adore your Hiko, and the way you describe his relationship to Kenshin, past and present... I was always left a little dissatisfied with Hiko in the anime/manga, that there should be *more* (he raised that kid for crying out loud): you perfectly described that *more*.
There were times I had to stop reading because I got all choked up (letter from Ushiro, Battousai/Hiko scene, Kenshin/Hiko scene, the whole story about Sano saved by battousai and Kenshin... )

Oh, and Aisho. He was fantastic.

I'll stop now. Let me just tell you that this fic is fantastic, and I would love to read other Battousai one-shots, especially if they involve Ushiro.

Thank you for sharing.

Sedentary Wordsmith chapter 31 . 9/16/2012
AMAZING. That's really all there is to say. I love the plot, and it was very well-written. Thank you so much for sharing! I adore it.

2 lazy 2 log in chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
Just so you know, the innkeeper's name was not "Okami". Okami is a title given to the lady of the Inn, and not the lady's name. Fun fact of the day!
Power of Touch chapter 30 . 8/24/2012
I agree with others posted here, rarely has a fanfic made me feel such a range of emotions. From pure joy with the growth of both Kenshins, to despair at the bottom of the depths found at the last stop in their souls. I'm pleased that their interaction at the "crossroads" was minimal but life altering, I almost wish that we could follow the newly minted Kenshin through the revolution and see what would have changed. I thank you for this fanfic, I know that you've moved more to original work now, and I wish you well with it. I know personally how hard it is to create and maintain your own sandbox rather than using and abusing one created by another, so keep at it and I hope that you are one day soon a published author, who can take my hard earned buck and turn it into an epic paperback. Keep writing the good write.
Shadow-chan chapter 30 . 7/31/2012
Oh my god, that. Was. Awesome. Epic. Awesomely epic. Epicy Awesome.
I'm sorry, I'm kinda at a loss of words here, but I really can't quite describe how reading this story made me feel...

I really really hope, you're still reading this, since it's been quite a time since it was posted... :)
I laughed, I cried (and not only once) and even though I'm _seriously_ lacking sleep right now, I couldn't help myself but read it all in once... I'm even a bit sad now, that there isn't more for me to read tomorrow, but then again I always have your other works :)

And this might sound strange, but... In the last few weeks, I read all volumes of the manga, watched the whole TV show and all OVAs (well, only SKH2 not yet) - but somehow only reading your Story now made me really really realize how freaking young Kenshin was during the Bakumatsu... and what Implications that holds. Honestly, it really touched something deep inside me.

I sincerely wish this would have been the "filler" arc for the 3rd season... How awesome would have that been? No way would the anime have been cancelled then!
I guess some stuff would have necessarily beem omitted, like Kenshin meeting Tomoe, but still... Especially with the little help of listening to the OST while reading it's so easy to imagine what you've written as the anime playing in my head :)

Last Point on my List of Praise (I just got so much love for this work, so much love...!)
Though of course I always liked him, Saito was never one of my top favourite characters, but here he (more or less) easily conquered the top spot.
"For Japan. It has always been for Japan. Always." That easily might have been my favourite of all...
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 31 . 7/23/2012
An amazing, deeply satisfying story. Really well done. The characterizations and insight into the characters were very spot-on, as well. Excellent dialogue too. Overall, excellent job! Really, really well done.
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 26 . 7/21/2012
Saved by Shishio! Oh, the irony!*adds to favorites*
Phireye chapter 31 . 7/1/2012
...Even I call it crazy, but I just read all 31 chapters of this fic in one seating.

That was how good this fic was, I found it do gripping, so enthralling...I really have to say this is one of the best Kenshin fics I've ever read :))

I just kinda wished maybe more of Saitou's thoughts at the end could have been revealed, but hopefully that'll be covered in the other fics :DDDD

thesadisttensaifuji chapter 30 . 5/20/2012
Wow. Just wow. One of the best RK AUs out there. I'm a huge fan of realist writing, but this... the switch made perfect sense. It was character introspective and the time travel helped Kenshin (of both times) see his worth as a person. I can see that the supernatural thingy of going back (or forward) in time has a function, has a goal, and it really served its purpose for this fic. I love everyone's realizations, and how they dealt with the situation. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful masterpiece.
Unseen Watcher chapter 17 . 5/4/2012
Thank you for involving Hiko so much in this story. They don't involve him nearly as much as I wanted in the series. Hiko is one of the very few, if not only, person Kenshin will listen to at any point in his life.
1,303 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »