Reviews for Out of Time
Wistful-Eyes chapter 4 . 12/17/2004
Good chapter. For some reason, I'm a lot more interested in what happens to Kenshin, than to Battousai. Not quite sure why. I think it might be because I think Battousai acts differently... and there are a lot of versions of the personality of Battousai.

For one thing, in the manga at least, even as Battousai, Kenshin always seemed to be a kind man. The only time I saw him really act as how most people say Battousai is like is when he fought the Yaminobu ninjas to get Tomoe back. His face was either furious or with cold anger, and he chopped off arms without one sorry look. Also in the manga, Kenshin seemed to regain the kindness he had only about a few weeks after Tomoe's death, because he played with the village children a last time and was smiling.

However, if you follow the OVA, I think this broody/moody Battousai you have is pretty accurate. I'm not trying to criticise this Battousai (I like him a lot better than some stories I've seen, when he's some kind of blood-maniac and rude), but I'm just saying what I think about him. But anyway, good chapter. I liked Kenshin and Hiko's talk, and the age part of Sano's and Kenshin's. After dealing with such a wise, mature Kenshin, it must be hard to deal with one younger than you and moody. Well, cyz!
audsome chapter 4 . 12/17/2004

I liked the conversation but i think it went too fast.

you don't have to have both era's in each chapter. I wouldn't mind if you just focused on ken-chan instead of ken-san in a chapter, or vise-versa.

anyways... some of the word in the chapter were stuck together likethis.
White Rabbit Tale chapter 4 . 12/17/2004
Loved this chapter. I liked how you showed how the age differences are affecting both Sano and Hiko. Craftily done.

I still can't tell where this is headed, so I'll just have to wait for you to give some hint. So far, though, it's really great!
Akashi Something chapter 4 . 12/17/2004
The characters are in-character, and their reactions for the different times are very natural. Good job! I'm really enjoying the story. Really, really enjoying it!
xZig-zagx chapter 4 . 12/17/2004
This story is so great! Everyone is so in character and it's prefect! I love it! You're doing a great job with Battosai, and most people screw him up. I can't wait for the next chapter!
animeinsomniac chapter 4 . 12/17/2004
I am really and truly impressed by this fic. The idea for it, the plot, how well it is written...I could go on for longer. I'm glad that you are having Kenshin meet and get along with Hiko and the same way having Kenshin get along with Sano. Maybe you'll find some interesting way to have them live and try to fit in as the person in the time period. But I think that I'll stop guessing and just let you write. Your chapters are so much more interesting and creative than my ideas anyway. See you next time!
cc chapter 3 . 12/17/2004
Really like Time Travelling stories,Please Up date soon...with best wishes
Hitokiri-san chapter 3 . 12/15/2004
Wow, I officially declare that I love this story! Time travelling and whatnot, the best part I like is the angst. About Battousai and the boy discussing suicide, that sums up all angst possible; and Kenshin...should I say Battousai?...taking Kaoru as Tomoe draws a subtle connection between the two women...
Birdy06 chapter 3 . 12/14/2004
I think Kenshin should return to his time after Battoussai figures everything update soon. Arigatou!

JA NE! :3 _x
SaitouuRyuuji chapter 3 . 12/14/2004
oh oh oh pleas update soon, please please please. this story is so cool, I can't wait until the battousai meets Saitou, he'll find out that Saitou hadn't changed one bit.
Wistful-Eyes chapter 3 . 12/12/2004
This is a really cool story! It's written so well... _ ~ Too bad Tomoe already died... it'd be interesting to see how Kenshin would react to her. What a whammy that would be. :P Anyway, I really like this. It's been a while since I found a new good story. Cyz!
Scented Candles chapter 2 . 12/12/2004
oh no...there's only one more chapter available to read now...darn...

This story is so good! You're such a great writer! You have to continue this story and update soon! _;
Scented Candles chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
Oh my god! Why did i discover this story only now? It's so good! You have to continue! I'm going to go read the other c hapters now but i just had to commend your work. Very cool. Your descriptions and the words you use have a sort of minimalist feel to it. It's not too flowery or extravangant but it gets the point across better. Does that make any sense? Anyway ithis is a very good story and i hope you continue.

It kind of has a similar theme to a story i'm working on but it's Tomoe and Kaoru who switch places.

I haven't posted it yet, i'm just in the planning plotting stages but since it sort of has the similar theme to your story...i might not...

anyway, i just want to say, great work and can't wait for the next chappie!
Cait chapter 3 . 12/12/2004
So far I really like your plot line. I haven't read one like it before and I've read a lot of Kenshin stories. I also like how you made Karou Tomoe in Battousai's eyes.
White Rabbit Tale chapter 3 . 12/11/2004
This chapter seemed a little flat to begin with, or maybe that was just my mind being dead. Nevertheless, you saved it with the line "somehow, no matter how old he was, Hiko could always make him feel like a child." My brain just kicked into focus after that, because it really is true! When I first saw their interaction in the Kyoto arc I was supremely astonished! Hiko really brings out a meeker, demure side of Kenshin! And at the same time his more irritated side, but Saitou has done a good job with that. It's kind of surprising I hadn't decided to go delving into Hiko and Kenshin's relationship guess maybe I'm reluctant to explore the childish side of ponder stuff you've written, I know. But you're great at that! Making us ponder, I mean.
1,303 | « Prev Page 1 .. 74 81 82 83 84 85 86 .. Last Next »