Reviews for A Spirit of Fire
xx chapter 3 . 1/13/2014
Well sounds good till now.
xXfluffyXx013 chapter 15 . 12/14/2010
This chapter reminded me of the horror flic the girl next door. The description of what happened to Issui reminded me of it, and I could definately picture what you were writing because of it. It gave me the chills! I'm really starting to hate this uncle of Kyouri's! Also, the pain that is caused to Kyouri and Sano from being apart definately got me worked up! I was so furious at Kyouri, but then again I couldn't have blamed her because I probably would have done the same thing. This story is very convincing, and don't ever let someone tell you it's a mary sue story. It is definately NOT.
xXfluffyXx013 chapter 6 . 12/13/2010
Haha. I'm loving this chapter! You said at the end that something felt off? It's just my opinion, but it seems that Sano left the dojo pretty quickly. I think maybe he could have stayed a little bit longer to say good night to Kyouri. Of course, that's just my opinion. Either way, i am in love with this story so far!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 26 . 4/30/2006
I liked the dream sequence, and the fact that Sano got to play a very real and important role in reviving Kyouri (poor thing! He finally gets to be useful! That ought to be an ego boost for him. It's got to be hard for a guy, being in love with a being ten times more powerful)

Ichijou was surprisingly likable and helpful, yet she still has that edge about her. The part where she puts on her emotional mask, and the bits where she needled Kyouri about Say show that she'll never be a warm and fuzzy sort of a girl, though she does seem to be on Kyouri's side now.

Good job!
TheSoulsDemise chapter 26 . 4/25/2006
I HAS been a life time since you started this fic because YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER! Do you know how long I waited for the "updated fic: A spritit of fire" e-mail to appear in my inbox! GAH! Anyways, really good chapter, and try to update sooner this time, kk?
ultimadragoon3000 chapter 26 . 4/24/2006
Interesting,cant wait for the next chapters cause i've been waiting roughtly a year for u to update this ,hope u make a sequel cause iam looking forward to it.
Iminir chapter 26 . 4/23/2006
I'm still reading it! *Flails hand in the air* I'm still here!

I thought that was a good chapter. It kept to the way Rurouni Kenshin usually ends battles and whatnot. I'm excited to read the ending of this fic! I wanna read it so badly.

Keep up the great work; I want to read the rest of the story!

Bwuahahahaha! I found typos! (And the game continues...)

Though,” she addedlooking up at Sano, “you’re going to have to give her some of your spiritual energy, or else my pure demon energy could kill her.”

addedlooking should be added looking.

Hope to see more!

-KTyouko.
White Rabbit Tale chapter 26 . 4/23/2006
!

...yeah, I got your response.

I also must say that your S/K picture is much too cute.

I liked the part when Sano is 'dreaming Kyouri's dreams' as you put it. More than just being a representation of what happened, it symbolizes their bond, too.

There ain't nothin' better than a father's blessing. Jeez, Kyouri, that's practically cause to marry the guy!

I thought it was interesting how close Ichijou got to what Kyouri was thinking about...not her mother, but her father. And how the first thing she said when she woke up with "Sano." So cute.

Ichijou is so much more snarky than I originally thought! She may be a "proper lady" but she's pretty funny in her own right...sorta reminds of Saitou? v.v'

I liked the chat between her and Kyouri. The two came to an understanding. And even SHE gave Sano her blessing? Come on now, Kyouri...you know what comes next. .-

I'm excited for the next chapter, and you better not take as freaking long as you did this time! Grr! *fierce*

Well, I'm not really one to talk...
KTyouko chapter 25 . 12/7/2005
Hmm... his death reminds me of Shishio's... Oh well! Another great chapter, Kie-san. ((Sorry about the late review!)) Even though Sanosuke was almost dead and Kyouri went a little psycho. *Trying to restrain herself from hugging Sano*

You beat me! I didn't see any errors in this chapter. *Still restraining* That was a cool fight, although this time I was listening to Christmas music instead of Rurouni Kenshin songs but it was still cool in my head.

Keep up the good work, Kie-san even if it does drive you to the point of insanity. Remember that insanity is more fun that being normal. And you're special, too. :) ((Ignore me- not enough sugar))

...! *Hugs Sanosuke*

Sano: Can't... breathe...

-KTyouko
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 25 . 11/16/2005
Huh? How did the evil uncle's skewering of poor Sano mean that KROURI got to siphon off Sano's power? Wouldn't Kyouri have had to have been the one to skewer Sano for that to happen? I'm guessing Kyouri's uncle was just lying to mess with her head? It seems more likely that any extra power Kyouri had would have to have been from slaying another demon, since they have tons more power than a human like Sano.

Still, it was VERY satisfying to see Kyouri's uncle die at last - I've been waiting for it for quite some time! Thanks for writing it in!

I loved the way Kenshin got all protective over Sano too, with his hand tightening on his sakabatou and all that. I just hope Kyouri is OK (dang Rei for not trying to help or heal her! But at least Rei didn't kill Kenshin or Sano. You'd think she'd be a little more grateful that the demon who'd made her life a misery was dead!)

Update soon! I want to know what's wrong with Kyouri!
Just a Tad Unhinged chapter 25 . 11/15/2005
Okay! And don't worry, you're not the only author who doesn't update for months on end... I confess.. 15 year old girls in Alabama do it too. Anyways another excellent chapter keep it up! I want a happy ending!
sinthea chapter 25 . 11/14/2005
my god it has ben a long time,love the story hope you update befor another month passes...
TheSoulsDemise chapter 25 . 11/14/2005
um I don't remember this time either. ; sorry.

Good chappie, but if Kyouri dies Imma have to rip your head off. :P
WaitingForYesterday chapter 23 . 11/14/2005
I abosultely love this story! I really like Kyuori, and you've done a good job at making the story interesting. I understand how long it can take to update some times, so I wouldn't yell at you for that. Anyway, great work. Keep up the good writing!
White Rabbit Tale chapter 25 . 11/13/2005
Wow, great chapter! And it's about time too...don't even start on me, I know! I really shouldn't have slakced in October, but right now I'm doing NaNo which eats a lot of time. A LOT. (50,0 words in 30 days? Ya think?)

Anyway, I love the tone of this chapter, the not-quite-victory. I am so scared that Kyouri will die. .

The vision of flames engulfing Kyouri and Sano was really quite poetic. I liked it, it sort of made me feel like some sort of Rebirth was going on...in a metaphorical sense-I think. You know, pheonix's and all of that mythology.

I love the psychological trials of fights! Yay. You've presented a very good one in here, and now, I know, Kyouri is going to be thrown into a sea of doubt about herself and her power...if she lives through the night, that is!

Hopefully she will be okay and she and Sano can FINALLY get together and be in peace. (It would be about due time, I think!) I also think you should know, that, for the THIRD time, your summary still says "chapter fourteen is up!"

I suppose that's a valid statement, but I'm sure your readers wouldn't mind a more current one. As in, CHAPTER 20 Up! maybe?

You sure use a lot of parentheses when you reply to my reviews. Ha.

I'm actually longing to work on my fics right now, but I have to shoulder that urge in order to WIN! Eyes on the prize! Right!

So, I'm happy that you think that my fics have helped you with fight scenes. Because if anything I did helped you come up with THAT masterpiece, I'd sure have reason to be proud. And I am. ::beams::

Great job and I am awaiting the next chapter!