Reviews for Grey
Haruna Pan chapter 25 . 8/2/2011
Poor Touya...he just can't seem to build a life and the worst part is that he should have given up on marrying a stranger from the start. They didn't even seemed to understand each other not talking about love, but that primary thing needed to make a possibly peaceful home, that mutual understanding over some things, even without love, like Akira's passion for GO which incidentally isn't just his work and dominates his life. you have to pity someone like that. He seems to love go and Hikaru far more than anything in his life. Not saying that he should become physical about it, it just seems to me as though he's becoming dependent on these two factors and whenever one is unbalanced it affects him. It's actually just Hikaru cause go is the more constant thing in his life, but isn't Akira's passion for go mostly driven by him? It's possible that go and Hikaru are actually equating to the same thing in his mind, who knows... It's a bit endearing and some part frustrating, but Akira is still as intense and interesting as ever, even with his strange life and his unique faults. They are so human, Hikaru and Akira, perhaps that's why i like them so much in the first place. Thanks for this intriguing, complicated story! I love the undertones of Sai's mystery continuing to grow through Kinume and she herself becoming more if a mystery as she grows into a strong young woman. When i think about it, your portrayal of women in general seems to always be infused with a certain doze of mystery or at least that's how I see it. Anyway thanks, I've had fun and would gladly wait to read more of this story someday.

Matta itsuka ni!
Nocturnal Smile chapter 25 . 6/11/2011
This has really been fascinating, I love how their relationship always gets closer but never quite reaches the lover stage-it's a lovely balance you've got going on. Really nice work!
Nerisel chapter 25 . 8/9/2010
What I love about this fic is the deeprooted bonds that are conveyed in this story and the pace. Even though the time line keeps skipping ahead, there's a flow in this story that really makes it easy to read and enjoy. It's truly enchanting.
Summercloud chapter 25 . 7/10/2009
Whew! This story takes my breath away. Is Kinume actually Sai, or is he just haunting her? What the hell happened between Akira and Sakamoto? And will Hikaru and Akira ever actually get together? Gah!

Your writing, and plotting, is masterful. I think maybe I read this long ago, when there was much less of it, and it's way better now. I'm enthralled! But it looks like maybe you're not updating anymore... if you should happen to change your mind, I'd love to read more. Thanks for sharing what you do have.
MadaMag chapter 25 . 6/20/2009
Gr... another well written story, that break before end, for no reason?

Why there's so much good Hikaru no go unfinished?

Do you plan to ever finish it? Would you notice me about it? Please? With cherry on top?
Ranuel chapter 25 . 2/28/2009
I have mixed feelings about the story so far. It's a bit angsty for my taste with poor Touya living half his life alone and Shindou in a bad marriage. The character of the daughter is really interesting though and not as much of a Mary Sue as you implied she might be in your note. The idea that Shindou's daughter would be a chess wiz is clever and original. I would have liked to have seen Akari as a three dimensional person earlier in the story. The scene with her at the go salon was really well done. I've been telling myself for the last couple of chapters to reserve judgment until I see how it plays out only to find that the story was abandoned over three years ago so I'm left adrift. I hope they manage to salvage something of a happy ending. I'm going to subscribe to it anyway in the hopes that one day we'll see how it ends.
BluePhoenixFairy chapter 25 . 10/11/2008
ah

this is getting interesting now

i like i like

update soon plz

its kinda a lil sad but its a good story * sad refering to some of the events...*

thanks
harukohaha chapter 25 . 7/16/2008
This has got to be one of the most beautiful HnG fics I've read. Very good pace and great development. I hope you decide to continue it.
HidingOut chapter 25 . 6/23/2008
I want to cry. Not because I'm sad but because I'm SO frustrated. And I really REALLY hope he didn't actually sleep with her. Please, God, NO!

The story is amazing, and more complicated and bittersweet and realistic then anything I have read in a while, both in the HNG fandom or otherwise. AND, I REALLY want more. Please, Update!

There are so many aspects in this that I like. Like how Hikaru and Akari DID get together as per canon but it didn't work out which would be the realistic view on their relationship. I LOVE the way Sai is back without REALLY being back, since we don't see things from his point of view. I can't wait until Akira finds out about Sai. I like the subtle way the AkiHika is in there, but at the same time it isn't fluff, quiet the opposite, its pretty bitter, especially when you take into consideration that Akira is a 36 year old single male with no previous relationship to speak off. I liked how everything was going, and I even LOVE the new twist BUT i still hope that Akira would somehow come to his senses and not do something stupid like go through with the marriage, or accidentally get her pregnant because that would really make me cry, and not happy, sad or relieved tears, but angry ones. The fiance isn't BAD or EVIL or anything but she is clearly not for him. PLEASE save him from a life of polite conversations in his own home and no chance to EVER relax and be himself.

PS. Update? please? I kinda realized that you dropped this, but MAYBE, HOPEFULLY, SOMEHOW I'm wrong, and in fact you finished this but on some other server or SOMETHING!
Novocain chapter 25 . 5/3/2008
Ack! NO! Please don't tell me this is abandoned! It's so lovely, and it really drew me in in a fantastically brilliant way. He slept with Sakamoto and is freaking, and now we need to know if he's calling it off. He needs to admit that he loves Hikaru!

GAH! PLEASE!

In other news, this story is beyond excellent. Your style and characterization - especially your characterization - are really great.
Novocain chapter 22 . 5/3/2008
NO! THEY BELONG TOGETHER!

...Okay, wow. I just sounded like a really huge fangirl. Normally, I'm okay with Hikaru not always being with Akira. But the way you've written this - THEY BELONG TOGETHER!

I've just got to hope that they'll get together later in the story.
hikarusai chapter 25 . 9/25/2007
Great story,I wish there were more though
Kikis chapter 25 . 7/14/2007
Have you given up ;(? If you have, it's really a pit, because this is one of the best Hikago fics I've read (if it's not THE best). Your style is gorgeous, Hikaru's daughter is wonderful, and Hikaru's and Akira's interaction is... AMAZING! I've stayed woke until 5 am reading, and... WOW!

Please, if there's any hope, I wish you could continue!

Congratulations!
areen chapter 25 . 6/12/2007
Then Hikaru met an accident and Akira realise he cant loss HIkaru but then Akira fiance is pregnet and then plus chos.I like it but is tireing waiing for HIkaru/Akira scren.I think it takes forever to make them as updated soon
KiraiAnca chapter 25 . 3/20/2007
Well, you haven't updated in a while and I won't ask for it - god knows it's hard to continue fanfic after two years.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I love this fic, how developed your OFM, the ICness of the characters, the consistency of the text, the beauty of the subtle (or not so subtle) hints at what might be throughout. Thanks for writing it this far.