Reviews for Seeking Utopia
allthosefandomfeels chapter 3 . 11/1/2014
Amazing. So amazing. I literally can't even. The plot was excellent and I loved the growing brotherhood between Enjolras and Combeferre, and also Enj's thoughts. Beautifully written.
KatieMusicLuvr177 chapter 3 . 7/15/2013
I love this story and I love little Enjolras! He's so mature, but it makes sense for a 19th century French bourgeouse (dunno how to spell it) firstborn son to be that mature. I love how he's so much like the 20-something Enjy we know and love
you're-not-your chapter 3 . 5/30/2012
Wow. This is so well written, the characters are so precise,this is just...Wow. Enjolras is so...Enjolras. THIS IS REALLY AMAZING. Please upload!
PURGATIVESFORCHOLERA chapter 3 . 4/18/2009
Even if this fic is (what, five years old?) old, it's like wine. It's STILL adorable. I think I'm going to melt in a pile of mush now.
Mjulinir chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
My god, he's adorable. Whatever happened? I really like this.
prieda chapter 3 . 1/21/2007
OK. This is going to be a longer review cuz my others were short :)

So...the age thing. Um. I'm thinking of him as maybe 12. A 12 year old who reads dictionaries (and seriously I can see little Enjy, in all seriousness, sitting down to read a dictionary). The first two chapters were particularly good, but he shot up a bit in the last one.

This is really good though, I particularly like his thoughts on woman (my heart is bleeding right now for Combeferre's sister). And the fact that he read gave the bread away (yes, I can so picture him doing that!) And young Combeferre is great! You are so good at getting the characters of these boys just right.

I am worried now for Enjy [I am too lazy to write his full name, can you tell?] because he's going to start arguing with his father pretty soon, and he's not good at backing away from forces older and much stronger than he is.
thehobbitgirl chapter 3 . 12/22/2004
This is such a wonderful story! It really seems like Enjolras speaking and I love how he thinks about women and the poor being so much a like. This is a great story!
kaze-nyv chapter 3 . 12/13/2004
Very, VERY prodigious. But I knew most of those words when I was ten. Though I'm still not sure what misogyny... wait, yes I am. I just had to say it out loud.

"I seem to be conversing with a notebook. How odd." Auriga Sinistra, anyone? I do so love that fic though.

I also like your explaination of why they call each other Combferre and Enjolras. His observations about how females are treated in society... wow. Very prodigious indeed. Almost, shall we say, inspiring.

"Who cares about damned algebra?" My thoughts exactly! I like the line about sitting here trying to discover the meaning of x.

This is, maybe, your best chapter on this one so far. He's very, very smart, but as you've made it clear that he's SUPPOSED to be that way, I think it works. Do write on!

~Erin

PS. I've definitely decided what I'm getting you for Christmas now.
Velveteen Nightmare chapter 3 . 12/11/2004
This is very good. :)

I read in your other fic that you are going to take a break from this fic for a bit to do some research. Might I suggest reading the works of Jean Piaget and Lev Vygotsky? Both are excellent child development theorists and might aid you.
Saoirse3473 chapter 3 . 12/8/2004
Now Enjolras is becoming more...Him! this is really continue this! it's really great. I especially like when Enjolras doesnt care about "damned algebra". LOL.
kaze-nyv chapter 2 . 12/8/2004
Yay! It likes the chapter. Is he going to be disowned, like in your other story? I love how independent he is... that's really a well-developed aspect of his personality. Good show.

~Erin

P.S. I was singing the Epilogue last night- I have the low D!
hsibelius chapter 3 . 12/8/2004
LesMisLoony-

Enjolras is an "only son". That leaves some room for having a sister. Jehan is also an "only son".

Take my quiz on my xanga! I need somebody to come up with the right answers.
LesMisLoony chapter 3 . 12/8/2004
Oh, poor Enjy's mother! And... sister? I thought he was an only child...? Or was that Jehan? Meh.

Ah well, this story rocks.
Mlle. Verity chapter 3 . 12/7/2004
Some Author (I can't remember the title, perhaps the Ascent of Man) said that the reason he thought there were no child geniuses in phlosophical studies was because, for such things, the mind must grow and be matured. Not the clearest way to put it, so hopefully, you will understand; please forgive me.

It was an interesting chapter.
nebulia chapter 3 . 12/7/2004
I love this! Little Enjy is so cute! He's humorous, too, but I don't think he's out of character. The way you portray him is similar to the way I think of him.