Reviews for Of Elves and Dwarves and Late Night Philosophy
jane chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
I rather enjoyed your personal justification for Legolas' and Gimli's knowledge, I was wondering until I read the authors note, which is always an explanatory thing at best.

As for the story itself I think you did a quite lengthy and rather good debate, the way in which you explained the question which prompted the debate was particularly brillant. As for the topic, well you spoke in defense of both ideas quite well. I believe that the evil creature was made first, however for a rather simple reason. Melkor was evil before the feeling of evil exsisted because you yourself said Iluvatar is not evil and if Melkor is of Iluvatar then Melkor created the feeling of evil first. He was evil and therefore created the feeling from his own malice and hatered. If you disagree and have a comment as to how i am wrong email me. I would enjoy the debate.

LegolasLover621
Redleef chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
I think this should be under hunore.

Ha ha!
Sapphire Artemis chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
0.o;...my brain is bleeding...but excellent work! Interesting topic as well...
Lindele chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
This was hilarious! I loved the whole debate, it was very well written, as well as very amusing.
Rochnariel chapter 1 . 3/4/2005
This is the first fic I read by you and it was great. My mind is still reeling from it and most likely will be for the rest of the day. I want to join in the debate. I may now have to start an arguement with my sis later just to get it out of my system. Very nice.
Piratica chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
Wow! That was good! And funny. I loved the arguments, and I loved the way that they spoke, and the way that Aragorn knew his friends so well that he could guess which one would speak first. This was well written and you should write more like it. (not exactly like, you know, just like it...you probably don't know what i mean. Phooey.)
MordeMe chapter 1 . 1/21/2005
You are now...officially...my Favorite Author. I and my messed up brain bow to your greatness.
Fizzing Wizard chapter 1 . 1/6/2005
I commend you. Well-written and mind-stretching. I find nothing to critique!
kiss316 chapter 1 . 12/19/2004
This was just fantastic and very thought provoking as well. Even confusing at times lol. Aragorn's mental timing and predictions of Gimli and Legolas was a great addition for some light humor and the debate was actually very well thought out and left me pondering it for a while. I love any story which focuses on Legolas and Gimli's friendship and their banters and debates. Always brings a smile to my face! Thanks and a wonderful job yet again! :D
AgentRusco chapter 1 . 12/16/2004
This is pre'sweet. I really like your writing style. It inspires me... I also love Aragorn. But that doesn't really matter here and now.
CartDi chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
I thought you ended the story very well. :)
Sugar Fanatic chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
Great job on this! The whole philosphy thing was great and even made me think about it as I read! A very well made point! Good job!
Beth chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
Aragorn's perfect counting down to when Legolas and Gimli would speak was brilliant. It had me in hysterics. I also liked the topic of debate, and sadly enough, found myself musing over who I agreed with more. A very well written story...or...short story.
the-poette chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
Can I just tell you how much I LUV your stories...even the rather short ones like this one. Let me just point out that some people can write a fic that is 30 or something chaps long and still can't get a thing across that is thought provoking at all, but you, my fav author, are AMAZING! I love the depth you give these characters. The dialogue is smartly written, and I can't wait for anything else you have in the works. Again, another excellent job! :):):):):):):)DEFINITELY Many Smiles to You :):):):):):):):)
Just Another Writer1 chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
The egg, the egg! No wait, the chicken. No, wait..

That was just wonderful. I realized about two paragraphs before it happened that they were about to turn on poor Aragorn, which made me laugh out loud.. and I adored his closing argument.

Just gotta say, at first I was slightly skeptical about the topic of debate.. it seemed a little like the question was just because they had to have something to debate about.. seemed kind of desperately pulled outta nowhere, yanno? And then... you pulled it off. Marvelously. Well done. D

And as always, love the dialogue and characterization. Your version of Legolas is my favorite, second only to Tolkien's.. and I think I like your Gimli better than his anyway.. he didn't pay much attention to poor Gimli. XD
46 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »