Reviews for Proverbidioms
The Weaver Atropos chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
I really liked your characterizations in this ficcy. Especially how you transposed their perceived characteristics. Most people would think [and write, as a a result] Duo as the reckless little boy who tore his presents open. I think the scene with Heero rattling his box curiously did it for me. I love that the characters aren't what we expect them to be. And, of course, that bit about Heero living closer to the sun, yet not being as cold was another quirk to the characters that I enjoyed.

Thanks~
Shaeric Draconis chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
Lovely and I loved the way Heero acted when opening his present with total enjoyment and how you made Duo unwrap his carefully. Being from L2 he wouldn't waste a thing, a mistake some authors make when writing about Duo. I love your stories because after reading a heavy angsty story you need the fluff to uplift you again. Loved this to bits.
Nightengale13 chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
TOO MUCH CUTE!

wahahaha! I love it.

To start, I expected Heero to be the one surgically opening his gifts, not Duo. But once explained, it made perfect sense. Heero does have as much if not more enthusiasm for his tasks than does Duo (or the rest of them?).

The cards were PERFECT. I was just dumbstruck, reading, and sitting as slack-jawed as Duo. Talk about a sexy present! It's so Heero, and even as he explained the yin and yang ness, seemingly unconnected to anything resembling seduction, it was seductive. ::shakes head:: Only the teamwork between you and he could put a line like that together.

Of course, the last line...do we get to watch Duo unwrap his "present" once Christmas comes around? Lime only "sweetens the wait" when we know lemon is coming...

Great fic! Thanks!
ahanchan chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
Very cute! I actually thought that Duo would be the one tearing into the paper, but having it be Heero was cooler!
hyb9 chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
short but sweet. ;)
Mel Mel chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
This is positively adorable. I was amused at how you switched my perceptions of how Heero and Duo would each open gifts and even offered the reasons behind such a switch. It's a very sweet story with just a good dose of romantic and physical intent at the end. Bravo!
Link Worshiper chapter 1 . 12/2/2004
OMG, now THIS is a goodie! Perfect for getting me into the holiday spirit! (But what better way to do that than with a little Heero and Duo goodness, eh?) When Duo dumped out the cards, I think I nearly had a spasm, especially when I read the part about deuce of hearts. I was sitting here at lunch at the GSI table (yes, in trouble again), reading it and muttering, "OMG, I'm such a sap! I'm such a sap!" I loved the symbolism; I'm sure you've heard my rant about how 1x2x1 is like Yin and Yang, though.

And BTW, the suits of playing cards have roots in tarot cards and lore revolving around the divine feminine, etc. No, I'm not a dork. Nor have I read The Da Vinci Code :)