Reviews for Slouching Towards Bethlehem
My Cat Frank chapter 5 . 4/1/2005
Great! These chapters are getting longer and more involved. I like the development of mystery-is Narcissa really in on Draco's kidnapping, or is she an innocent victim? I also like the double entendre Ivanov makes when he asks Harry to be careful where he is going in the future-after seeing that he is studying portkey creation.

One bit of criticism I have is the way Dumbledore keeps calling Draco "Master Malfoy". First, "Master" is a title of superiority, what Dobby or another house-elf might call him. "Mister" is a more appropriate term for a professor to call a student. Second, in the books Dumbledore always addresses everyone by his or her first name-whether it's Harry, Poppy, Severus, Lucius, or Voldemort. I've never seen him address a student by "Mr." or "Miss", so I think he would call Draco by his first name too.

Other than that, I am in awe of this story. Keep writing! _
Brennend chapter 4 . 2/7/2005
Really, really interesting. It was nice to see what appeared to be plot holes from the third chapter cleared up in this one.

I liked Harry's delimma between his dark urges and his Gryffindor morals. Very interesting.
DSDragon chapter 4 . 2/6/2005
Intriguing. So, Harry was supposed to kill Malfoy then? Pfft. We all know he wouldn't do that intentionally. Makes you think Voldemort is just that stupid.

I'm looking forward to part two.
dolphinology chapter 4 . 2/5/2005
What a twist! I would have never thought that Malfoy's dad put him there. I loved the part where Remus became Harry's guardian.
HannahBear chapter 4 . 2/4/2005
awesome, dude. awesome.
Suburban Panacea chapter 4 . 2/4/2005
Wow! I love this story. The story is well planned with twists that have enough foreshadowing to not make one scoff at any twists that do appear (I though tsomething was amiss when Harry heard the laughter in his head, then the wand cemented my suspicions). The only bit of constructive criticism I can find is grammatical: don't forget periods and question marks, etc in a quotation. Please update soon! I can't wait to read more of this story!

-SP
PadfootsNoxed chapter 4 . 2/4/2005
Wow, awesome chapter! I had a feeling that it was Draco who was supposed to be killed from the start. ;) Great story, can't wait for more! And I love Lupin! Keep the Lupin-ness going, too! :)
My Cat Frank chapter 4 . 2/4/2005
I'm still enjoying this! How sad for Draco, though... At least they are out of that trap. I'm curious to see what happens in Part 2!
The Fabulous A.J chapter 4 . 2/4/2005
I think this was the best chapter yet. Draco's so in character, it's beautiful. I love it. Keep going, at least I'm reading and loving every second. I squealed in delight when I saw this was updated. E!
PadfootsNoxed chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Hey, good start! I'll keep watching. Story Favs.
My Cat Frank chapter 3 . 1/23/2005
The story is picking up! Nice touch with the mirror, and Draco's Chinese silk pajamas-mm, how did they both get there? This all seems to be some sort of game for somebody: let's put two enemies in a room and see what happens! I'm ready for the next chapter now. _
The Fabulous A.J chapter 3 . 1/22/2005
Oh, poor Draco. What's really great is that you don't make him all soft and nice just because of the fact that he's been chained up for a few (weeks?).

Why the heck is Draco wearing a Chinese-looking suit, that's what I'd like to know.

I like this story. It's very origional, very well-thought out, and you have a very good way of putting your events together so they don't move too fast, or too slow.

However, I would like to tell you that I really don't care WHAT Lupin is doing. Some people might, so you'd best keep it in there, but my personal opinion in this particular story is to get to Draco and Harry. I got annoyed that valuable chapter space was wasted on three paragraphs of Lupin. I love Lupin, but I don't care about him in this fic, I just want to see what happens to Draco and Harry.

I love the way you portrayed Draco's character. Keep going! I can't wait for the next chapter!
hepatica chapter 2 . 1/10/2005
Not a Harry Potter afficianado up to now, but you already have me gripped, as usual! Harry is a typical sixteen-year-old, yet struggling with extraordinary situations and emotional pressures. The reactions of his friends to his strange behaviour are very true-to-life, and Harry's exasperation with them and his inability to respond to the reaching out of kind, sad Remus are so well written. What a turn-up to be in the same cell as Malfoy - where are they, and how did Harry get there? As usual you leave me wanting more...
livy black chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
i knew that fag Malfoy was gonna show up...i hate him so much! he has an invisibility cloak doesnt he? ugh he makes me mad! plz reply soon great story it's very sweet about Remus and Harry needs to chill out though i do understand why he feels so shitty...write more soon!

~livy~
loonygrl90 chapter 2 . 1/7/2005
Omg! That's an *evil* cliffie!

I love the way you're writing Harry... it's perfect!

This is torture, please update soon! ;~)
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »