Reviews for Butterfly
BlingThing chapter 47 . 5/21
Hi Rein, I just finished reading your whole story - and what and EPIC tale it was! I very much enjoyed it! I was a little sad at the ending - I love a good happy romance, and the detective sort of suddenly appeared out of left field and became the focus! I totally get Leos reasoning, although I'm sure they could have at least tried to have made it work.
My favourite part of the story was one where you really got me with an unexpected turn. It was when Casey was revealed as the bad guy. He did partially redeem himself later, but I really did not expect that scene when Beth recognised him as her attacker in the apartment.
I'm looking forward to checking out some of your other stories - there are so many! Are they all based on the 2003 turtles?
Also, I would love to read the alternative ending version of this story - I'm a sucker for happily ever after :D
sailorangelmoon1 chapter 1 . 2/10
Love this
ThisCharmingManda chapter 47 . 12/28/2015
Hello Rein. I just want to let you know that I absolutely love this story and I've gorged myself on it! It's wonderfully refreshing to see the Turtles from the perspective of a more fragile character. I literally could not put my phone down, it was practically on my nose! So many emotional layers, such expressive care. You've provided me with a new insight regarding our favorite green heroes and well, I just thought you'd appreciate knowing that someone still appreciates your story years after its conclusion. And you can bet I'll be taking a look at that stealthy stories upload.
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 9/7/2015
To Guest, who left a rather 'colorful' review on September 7th, 2015:

Thank you for leaving a review. For your information, FF omits profanity from its website, so your F-bombs did not make it through their filter. I am fine with that, btw. I get your point rather clearly.

Fortunately for you, I had written an alternate ending, one that appeased a certain reader who preferred endings where Leonardo 'gets the girl'.

Unfortunately for both of us, I had placed it on Stealth Stories when I uploaded Butterfly there, before Stealthy Stories closed its doors. When that site's server went kaput, so went the alternate ending. Adding insult to injury, my PC that stores my alt. ending died. It does have a backup, though, and if I can get my husband to figure out how to acquire its data from that storage, I would be more than happy to PM you or even email you the alternate ending.

Personally, I liked both, but I decided to stick with reality regarding its publication on FF, while placing the story with the other ending on SS. In hindsight, however, I think I could have placed the second ending on FF anyway - with a disclaimer stating that it is different ending. Once I do find it, I just may tack it on here, for those who can't even think of Leonardo not getting the girl.

Would that work?

Anyway, thank you for reading and for reviewing. I am sorry you did not like how I ended it. I do hope you enjoyed what came before, though.

Blessings,
Rene'
Guest chapter 47 . 9/7/2015
NEVER F***ING BEEN ANGRIER AT A STORY WHAT THE HECK I AM DESTROYED WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS NO NO NO NO NO NO YOU SHOULDA WARNED US IT WOULD BE A TERRIBLE ENDING F*** THIS
Zelgadis55 chapter 47 . 8/27/2014
Just finished reading this story and I must say, I really quite enjoyed it, even if Leo was an arse with the way he left Beth, though, it was a very much in character thing for him to do and therefore understandable. I don't usually read stories with OCs featuring so prominently but this sounded interesting and I am really glad I did :-)
VaniaHepskins chapter 47 . 9/22/2013
oh! I have read your ffic and let me tell that i love it! So, congratulations for this wonderful story! :)
Guess chapter 47 . 6/27/2013
Wow. This was such an amazing story! The struggles, the romance, the ending it was just all so amazing! And I feel so sorry for April, Casey, and Raph. And I love how you tied up the question of Casey's disappearance with Beth's abuse. It was a truly brilliant story.
Guest chapter 47 . 2/21/2013
AMAZING! I AM SO IN LOVE WITH YOUR FANFICS! WHY DID IT HAVE TO END LIKE THIS THOUGH?
The Tip of My Tongue chapter 28 . 5/28/2011
Whew! I was becoming so worried how this would end up until I read these sentences:

"In contrast and due to his unique physical attributes, Leonardo and his family could never be part of that world, not where the opportunists living there might profit from the clan's capture.

The more she dwelled on these thoughts, the more Beth realized how selfish it would be for either of them to have a relationship with the other. Not only would it put Leo and his family in danger of discovery by going topside more frequently than they did, but it would be impossible and quite unhealthy for her to remain below ground, as well.

Therefore, whatever fanciful expectations she might have had for Leo and herself, dissipated like fog under a hot summer sun."

Great job on the wording, by the way. :)

I think this would be the part I like best:

'"No, not ten," his father corrected, causing Raphael to stop and turn slightly towards his master in curiosity. A slow smile edged along Splinter's muzzle as he said, "…twenty back flips!"'

Haha! Raph should know to respect his elders. Especially if they can wipe the floor with you! :D

Avila
The Tip of My Tongue chapter 23 . 5/27/2011
Busy week... however I've managed to read this far in the story and I must say... Excellent job!

I am very curious as to what exactly Raph just did- prostrating himself before Beth. Very strange behavior on his part, but(considering he was sweet on April) I think I have an idea as to what it may be.

Anyways, I was just dropping by... :)

and I think I'll read one more chapter before bed. :D
BiteTheNail chapter 15 . 4/14/2011
I'm sorry about your friend but at least she's at peace and in a better place now. Love your Story
FattySkeleton chapter 11 . 12/12/2010
Ha he heh heheehhe! oh, this is just getting silly!

leo is now the weirdest mix of all the turtles with the temper the light aditude and his new happy ways!

and now he's fighting raph! HA!
FattySkeleton chapter 7 . 12/12/2010
oh. fail!

ha ha hah hahahahah!

oh, my, frog fairy!

this will only end in embaresment!
FattySkeleton chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
oh, my god! Raph pulled a smart one!