Reviews for Coffee Girl
jacelooksbetterinblack chapter 14 . 1/26
Wow this story is old! And I read this way back in September of last year but realized that I totally forgot to review. Idk if you keep up with FF anymore but I just want to let you know that you did a phenomenal job with this fic! It was short, simple and sweet yet had so much depth and meaning that it left me breathless. I love how you brought Kaiba and Serenity *ahem" Coffee Girl, together. It was so cute and emotional! I love how he never finds out her name (which may be unrealistic in real life but here it definitely works!) The story was that much better because of it.

Again awesome job with this and I hope to read more of your works if you ever create anything for YGO in the future :)
Sol chapter 14 . 1/6
I stayed up really late to read it and im glad I did. This fic is inspirational, fluffy, deep and powerful. It was just so pure both in writing and the feelings it brings out for the reader. Thank you for writing and good luck to you!
Sol chapter 13 . 1/6
Uh-oh...
Sol chapter 12 . 1/6
So sweet and lovely!
Sol chapter 11 . 1/5
The smile on my face is huge right now!
Sol chapter 10 . 1/5
This chapter, whoa! It just occurred to me he still doesn't even know here name...
Sol chapter 9 . 1/5
This is so romantic!
Sol chapter 8 . 1/5
The best word I can used to describe this story is deep... and it's amazing because of it. Your a very talented writer.
MikariStar chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
Wow, this story is old, ten years... I recall this from many years ago, but was looking for something to listen to while I drew (gotta love those text to speech programs) and ended up browsing my favorites list. Though I knew what would happen in the plot, I thought it would be entertaining to play this story in the background while I relaxed. The atmosphere fits my mood very well. Though I never did, and still don't, like the pairing, I am entertained by the story itself and enjoy the business details sprinkled throughout some of the chapters (I guess I'm just geeky like that, haha). Anyway, though I'm fairly certain I left a review years ago, I thought I should comment again, as a small thank you for providing me with this entertainment, even if I know you might not even see this message, since the story is so old.
JemDragons chapter 14 . 10/13/2015
Wow. That was a good finish but the ending dittle was, like, the size of an actual chapter. Hehe!
JemDragons chapter 9 . 10/13/2015
I find this funny. Smooch someone and then remind them that you are in no way related. Good going, Kaiba! ;-P
RiotDragon chapter 14 . 9/28/2015
Hey, I wish I could have read this when it was being written, so I could review every chapter. Unfortunately, here we are.

Let me start off by saying that I despise shipping fics. I believe that they are not creative, in that the author chooses to pair two people who otherwise wouldn't be together, against the actual canon of the original media. I also despise that in my quest for true, wonderful, enlightening story telling, I have to slog through an ocean of fics of people living out their fantasies through these characters. And third and finally, I love romance in fiction. And more often than not, the shipping author tends to warp the characters in question to their liking, making them do things that likely the original characters would off themselves if they read. This is not romance, it's an unrealistic version of it that perverts the true joy of romance for the quick satisfaction the author wants from said story. These are my thoughts on shipping fics.

That all being said, I saw how many people enjoyed your fic and I gave it a shot. And I'm extremely happy that I did. While I'm more political and military than economics, the sections of the story pertaining to them weren't bogged down with endless amounts of data that a reader wouldn't care about if they weren't in the field. They were easy to read, and in fact enjoyable to learn more about through the story, even of some of them were personal perception of said economic policies.

The characters you portrayed are amazingly accurate, even in the situation of a shipping fic, which I thought to be impossible. Seto felt like Seto, Serenity felt like Serenity, and not wasting the extra dialogue with background characters only made the focus of the story on the two main characters much more enjoyable. You stuck to their true characters, only deviating from them for the story progression, and not to make the character more relatable, or to form them to your own perception. You kept true to them, something that I am extremely grateful for in this story.

And finally, the romance. I absolutely despise it when romance is rushed. Story after story ends up having the pair dating early on, with the actual meat of the story being them going through hardships. I hate this approach, as some of the best moments in a relationship (in storytelling at least) are those leading up to the two being together. You did this wonderfully. The two had a long time (both story wise, and in-story) to get comfortable with each other before the actual romance of the story started setting in. And I enjoyed every second of it.

When I finished the story, I was slightly disappointed at there being no reveal to Joey. But I guess the ending epilogue with their interactions summed up in a few sentences will have to do. But this in no way detracts from the story. But, if I may make one criticism, one thing that was a bit jarring was the mix of languages. While I understand that the characters do in fact speak Japanese (English is debatable I guess), portraying them using Japanese greetings and phrases while speaking English to the reader kind of takes me out of the story. This may be just a gripe from me, but I thought it was an odd choice.

Overall, I loved this story. And that's something that I never thought I'd say going in, given my personal bias against shipping fics. I hope you know that this will be in my favorites, and I will be adding you to my wall of greatest fanfictions in my profile. In lieu of this, I do intend to read your other works as well. I hope to find them just as good as this one. If so, then I have another favorite author on the site.
dlobman chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
This is the fourth time i am reading this. Honestly, it's like an addiction to coffee.
hopelina chapter 14 . 5/23/2015
I can't imagine not knowing someones name after all that, but of course this is Kaiba- at first not interested and then to prideful to admit he didn't know it in the first place XD I love it
Booksfanatic84 chapter 14 . 5/2/2015
WOW .
This has to be one of the best silent shipping fanfics I've ever read in my entire life (up till now 13 yrs. old ).
Maybe this story and twilight eyes 8120's 'the Christmas gift ' , are (dare I say ) the only two best silentshipping stories on the net (according to me that is...) ?