Reviews for Coffee Girl
JemDragons chapter 14 . 10/13
Wow. That was a good finish but the ending dittle was, like, the size of an actual chapter. Hehe!
JemDragons chapter 9 . 10/13
I find this funny. Smooch someone and then remind them that you are in no way related. Good going, Kaiba! ;-P
RiotDragon chapter 14 . 9/28
Hey, I wish I could have read this when it was being written, so I could review every chapter. Unfortunately, here we are.

Let me start off by saying that I despise shipping fics. I believe that they are not creative, in that the author chooses to pair two people who otherwise wouldn't be together, against the actual canon of the original media. I also despise that in my quest for true, wonderful, enlightening story telling, I have to slog through an ocean of fics of people living out their fantasies through these characters. And third and finally, I love romance in fiction. And more often than not, the shipping author tends to warp the characters in question to their liking, making them do things that likely the original characters would off themselves if they read. This is not romance, it's an unrealistic version of it that perverts the true joy of romance for the quick satisfaction the author wants from said story. These are my thoughts on shipping fics.

That all being said, I saw how many people enjoyed your fic and I gave it a shot. And I'm extremely happy that I did. While I'm more political and military than economics, the sections of the story pertaining to them weren't bogged down with endless amounts of data that a reader wouldn't care about if they weren't in the field. They were easy to read, and in fact enjoyable to learn more about through the story, even of some of them were personal perception of said economic policies.

The characters you portrayed are amazingly accurate, even in the situation of a shipping fic, which I thought to be impossible. Seto felt like Seto, Serenity felt like Serenity, and not wasting the extra dialogue with background characters only made the focus of the story on the two main characters much more enjoyable. You stuck to their true characters, only deviating from them for the story progression, and not to make the character more relatable, or to form them to your own perception. You kept true to them, something that I am extremely grateful for in this story.

And finally, the romance. I absolutely despise it when romance is rushed. Story after story ends up having the pair dating early on, with the actual meat of the story being them going through hardships. I hate this approach, as some of the best moments in a relationship (in storytelling at least) are those leading up to the two being together. You did this wonderfully. The two had a long time (both story wise, and in-story) to get comfortable with each other before the actual romance of the story started setting in. And I enjoyed every second of it.

When I finished the story, I was slightly disappointed at there being no reveal to Joey. But I guess the ending epilogue with their interactions summed up in a few sentences will have to do. But this in no way detracts from the story. But, if I may make one criticism, one thing that was a bit jarring was the mix of languages. While I understand that the characters do in fact speak Japanese (English is debatable I guess), portraying them using Japanese greetings and phrases while speaking English to the reader kind of takes me out of the story. This may be just a gripe from me, but I thought it was an odd choice.

Overall, I loved this story. And that's something that I never thought I'd say going in, given my personal bias against shipping fics. I hope you know that this will be in my favorites, and I will be adding you to my wall of greatest fanfictions in my profile. In lieu of this, I do intend to read your other works as well. I hope to find them just as good as this one. If so, then I have another favorite author on the site.
dlobman chapter 1 . 6/15
This is the fourth time i am reading this. Honestly, it's like an addiction to coffee.
hopelina chapter 14 . 5/23
I can't imagine not knowing someones name after all that, but of course this is Kaiba- at first not interested and then to prideful to admit he didn't know it in the first place XD I love it
Booksfanatic84 chapter 14 . 5/2
This has to be one of the best silent shipping fanfics I've ever read in my entire life (up till now 13 yrs. old ).
Maybe this story and twilight eyes 8120's 'the Christmas gift ' , are (dare I say ) the only two best silentshipping stories on the net (according to me that is...) ?
intothelight001 chapter 14 . 4/29
I haven't had this much fun with a story featuring romance and economics since Spice and Wolf.

Which is to say, damn fine work.
lemerly chapter 14 . 4/11
I stayed up till three in the morning last night reading this haha! To sum it all up in one word it was awesome I love SetoXxSerenity fics but there so hard to find its unreal haha I love how they ended up going out even though Seto didn't know her name it was so cute and full of fluff! I really wanna know what Joey said when he found out about then going out think you could do a one shot on it? I know this has been done for a while but I still wanted to review so thanks for a great fic!
Ducky135 chapter 14 . 1/28
I was a little thrown off cause Kaiba actually acting human, I had a hard time hearing things in his voice but I feel that he ACTED/RESPONDED correctly, so I delt with it :p
As a whole tho, it was adorable and well written, I'm very happy I found it _
Ducky135 chapter 3 . 1/28
This is adorable so far! :D
Anya Evermore chapter 14 . 1/17
Hello Peacewish,

I don't even know where to begin how much this story means to me. I just stumbled upon this through browsing a person's favorites list and I thought I should take a stab at this story out of boredom.
But my golly, what a happy accident this was. This story is everything I wanted in a story. The enduring hardship and love between Kaiba and Serenity was the most endearing and the most loveliest relationship I had read. I love how both characters gradually become each other's support, comfort, and drive towards life and self. This was well written, but the character development was the cherry on top.
I could relate to many of Serenity's feelings and hardships. This story had made me reminisce in between reading about my insecurities and struggles and how I overcome some of them. You had also made me come to love the Kaiba in your story to the point where I am keeping a list of things of what I want in a guy; a guy similar to Seto Kaiba! I know, pretty silly but my goodness if he were real, I am the first one coming after him! Paha!

Thank you so very much for all the dedication and hard work in producing this lovely work. I must let you know that this story has now become my number one favorite story. Just outstanding.

Sending a big hug and love your way,
Anya Evermore
Diana chapter 9 . 12/26/2014
Whenever I start reading from yu GI oh fandom I just loose interest right away ...though it is one of my favorite of all times anime
But after thus random stop by and random choice of reading your story
You reestablished my faith in fan fiction
Love every moment and every word and every emotion
I know I am in love with seto kaiba but you made me fall in love all over again
Love you , live books , love coffee ,love seto and now I love chai
Guest chapter 14 . 12/14/2014
I don't typically like that pairing but I absolutely adored this story.
Lita Snow chapter 14 . 12/8/2014
XD Oh I loved this. I stayed up all night to finish it. What a great story, I really enjoyed reading it!
kataangkissed chapter 14 . 12/7/2014
I have never really been a shipper of sxs and I didn't think I would be either! Someone recommended this fic to me and I just fell in love! The way you write Kaiba is amazing and I am so glad you included politics/economic bits because they are so central to Kaiba's character. I love how you wrote them together and I am so happy he didn't get with her just because of Joey. Thank you so much for this fic!