Reviews for Coffee Girl
callalily32 chapter 3 . 5/25/2011
wow. you are one talented writer. I rarely add a story to my favorites before finishing it, let alone after the first couple chapters, but I am so impressed by your ability to write such a cute, well thought-out story, in first person nonetheless! (something I usually despise in fanfiction, because rarely is it done well.) wonderful job.
Hoashi-chan chapter 14 . 5/12/2011
_ Oh goodness! When I found this story yesterday I didn't know it would be this good! It started slow and peaceful, a perfect atmosphere (I love coffee shops and bookstores, that's why the name caught my eyes). There were times I had to read peeking through my fingers trying not to cringe, and times I couldn't stop laughing or grinning. I'm not exactly business/political savvy, but I love how you incorporated it into your story! :) I also love that it was a more realistic romance (except going all the way without even knowing her name -_-" silly Kaiba..); and how it showed what they thought/felt instead of a completely physical love. I look forward to more of your wonderful stories and great writing skills! Thank you very much for this story! XD
Gentlewolf chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
I don't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh, or these characters. A friend who wants me to beta her story on this couple send me a link to your fic, saying that this fic is the one who made her love these two together, and her fic is about them, too. So I came to learn some basic background on these characters before I beta my friends work.

Wow, I must say, though, that I really enjoyed this chapter! It gives me great insight and I especially love the coffee shop scenes! I look forward to reading more. Who knows, maybe you'll spark my interest into watching the series. _
Guptanation chapter 13 . 3/18/2011
Happened to be rereading this story cause I was bored and I liked it, and I gotta say, the emotions in this story were so well done, you just did such a great job with both the characters. Their thought processes and their reactions were so believable. The last chapter felt a little rushed, but outside of that, they really felt like real, actual people. Just an absolutely fantastic job. There have been other fanfics that I enjoyed reading more (I definitely like a certain amount of action in my stories), but this is quite possibly the best written of all the ones I've read so far. Definitely the best one with regards to the romance genre. And I loved all the sections where Kaiba was talking economics or giving advice, so much of it was really good stuff.
Guptanation chapter 14 . 2/25/2011
wow, i am really happy with the ending... it wasn't really long or anything, but then again, it felt like it fit with the rest of the story, and it makes me happy they didn't end up breaking apart. I probably woulda been in a bit of a funk for a few hours if it had gone the other way :P
Guptanation chapter 11 . 2/25/2011
LOVED this chapter :)
Guptanation chapter 9 . 2/25/2011
okay, I am absolutely loving this fic. You've just done such a fantastic job of bringing the two characters together without taking them out of context, it's amazing... I'm guessing some people would disagree, but I feel like you did a really solid job with Kaiba's character, because when he's at the coffee shop, he's not the CEO in business mode, it's his time away from all of that, and yet the inherent characteristics are still there. He's still not a man of many words, he's still intellectual, he's still up front about what he wants to say - you portray his character as is, from his point of view, without demonizing or judging... he is not an extrovert, and there's no reason he should have to be one, and he's not the kind of person who would instantly warm up to anyone really. I love that it wasn't something immediate, you did a superb job of developing the romance over time. I'm really hoping that they end up with something permanent now, but I get a bad feeling my hopes are going to get dashed... oh yeah, and I loved the business aspects of the story, I really enjoyed reading it, especially because the views you had Kaiba espousing really sound like the views he would take on the topic, given his situation in life.
Divizzle513 chapter 14 . 1/27/2011
read this story 5 months ago and i still love it
RuberDuckling chapter 3 . 1/13/2011
I love these characters so much. There like the ones from Yugioh but are more developed and deep. LOVE :)
RuberDuckling chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
This is the secound time I'm reading this fic, and I'd forgotten how good it was I just love Kaiba your hands 3
DarkFlameOfTheMonkey chapter 14 . 12/27/2010
My god. Sophisticated, romantic in just the right way, intimate, and WORKABLE. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of that, and even printed off the last two chapters to read in bed when it got too late at night.
LoveLetterLost chapter 9 . 12/4/2010
'scrabbling for influence over her as if she were a prize consumer niche.' haha, that was so in character for Kaiba. I really admire your writings that you dont stoop to stringing cliches together. Instead you use real thought which is often lacking in fanfiction.

I am really enjoying reading this and I am a sucker for good romance so yay!
reckless-rage chapter 14 . 11/3/2010
D'aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. ;_; It made me sniffle. The ending, I mean. I do wish it'd been written to include Hong Kong and everyone meeting up, but still!

"The enthusiastic response took me by surprise.

Kaiba: It's because it featured me."

BAHAHA. I love this story. xD
FireEdge chapter 14 . 11/1/2010
Wow. That's all I can even say. I heard that this was one of the best SxS fics on this site, and I must say that this definitely lived up to its reputation. This has definitely made it to the top spot of my favourite SxS story, if not one of my favourite fanfics of all time. Why? The reasons are endless, but I'll enumerate the main ones (since ego-boosting is absolutely fantastic).

First of all, the lack of clichés. It is amazingly refreshing and makes their relationship (dubbed impossible by so many) actually seem possible while making sense. Secondly, the way you wrote the story was brilliant. I love first-person POVs, though I've never had the courage to pull one off myself yet, and by having this entirely from Kaiba's perspective gave this story such a distinctive voice. And, of course, it was an amazingly brilliant idea to have him not know her name the entire time (I hope, though, that he's at least a little ashamed of himself that he slept with her without knowing her name). Thirdly, as a student studying politics, I loved that you included all of those political/economic segments. It made the story seem so real, as if they aren't just characters from a show that revolves around a children's card game (which they are, I know, but still). And of course, it makes sense that Kaiba would be thinking about these things (and that Serenity wouldn't be-though I LOVE how you characterized her).

There is so much more that I want to say, but since I read this all pretty much over the span of a day, I don't think it's possible for me to give as useful feedback as one who read this in installations. So, all I offer you is praise, which has been definitely well-earned and I only hope that I can produce a piece of work as thoughtful (no, you didn't need excitement-it was wonderfully paced) and brilliant as yours.

Thank you so much for writing this and I would just like to say again how much I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Your goals of conveying escape and independence were definitely was truly heartwarming and inspiring. Cheers!
Inali Grimalkin chapter 14 . 10/31/2010
I read this whole story in one shot, staying up quiet late in the process even though I'm supposed to be sleeping so I can move tomorrow morning. I must say this is the best SxS fic I've ever read and I'm so happy I got to come into it after you finished it because I probably would've killed someone if I had to stop at a chapter and wait for the rest. The fact that you didn't use the clichés was a great idea and enforced that within my own SxS fic to not follow any of them, well maybe the Joey finds out one *evil laugh*.

And, because I know you put a lot of through into it, the political debates and whatnot did really get me thinking. The one about child labour and how we all exploit people especially. I used to be very against the idea of it, even condemning it and refusing to shop at certain stores. While I will probably keep doing some of it (largely out of habit at this point) it did get me thinking. We don't live in a world of puffy clouds and sunshine and rainbows, who are we, the spoiled and figuratively fat judge and look down upon the places where this sort of thing needs to happen just to survive.

So, good job Peacewish, in creating a story that made me smile and narrate the best fluffy bits to my reluctant boyfriend that also got me thinking about the world in a way I never have before.

Inali.