Reviews for Afterburn
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Finally, a well written Shep whump fic not seemingly written by a freshman highschool English student! This was fantastic, even 10 years after you posted it :)
BMick chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Just found this in someone else's Favorites - Excellent! There had to be after-effects, from a creature that gave rise to the Wraith. There was never enough time in an episode to flesh out the story properly.
SlippedHalo8186 chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Just Wow I was reading this on the way yo work this morning and ended up missing my stop,so I could medical bits were so vivid a great bit of totally got Shepperd's voice,Ow I so needed to give him a hug.
JoaniexJony chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Loved this tag...that is the way the end of the episode should have gone down.
donttouch chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Yay! He survived! Poor Sheppy though.. didn't look like he was going to make it for a while there..
December Winds chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
yay, t'was fantabiolous :D But two thingz (and i no i really cnt tlk but i just ave 2 point this out) 1. I dnt reckon john wuld call elizabeth 'weir' (so sorry if sum1s already mentioned that) and i didnt rlly get this part:

“Eight minutes…eight minutes before…ah!” Forehead pushed to the rail, John’s eyelids wedged shut, gasps drowning in whimpered cries he no longer had the strength to control. “…before I can fill up a-another quart…might as well be eight…ah…hours for all t-the…” His voice rose shrilly, pain spiraling it up an octave. “…good it d-does m-me.”

rlly rlly gd. i no this is season 1 and americas alreafdy in the middle of season 3 and britains (me dammit! grr) r strtin season 3 soon, but can u ryt a sequel. Good luck with that, cos I can't think of anything 2 add 2 this story lol.

anywayz, ramble over :D

rlly rlly rlly rlly gd :D

x-x-x bye x-x-x
Delka chapter 1 . 4/6/2006
That was ok. Thanks for writing it.
everybetty chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Okay - so A) i'm a lurker jumping ship from over in CSI- land brought over initially by B) EMRYS who wrote CSI then came over here C) i am a latecomer to the SG:A party but have fallen fast and hard for the show and John Sheppard in particular D) i know u wrote this a year ago but i just came across it on someone's favorites list and am now adding it to mine! LOVED this story - have never read true excruciating pain as well written as this - i actually starting wringing my hands and biting the sides of my fingers in sympathy. and E) just saw this ep for the first time last night so i found this rather serendipitous! boy, Joe Flanigan did an awesome job in that ep - and this fic was the thick and chewy frosting on an already great cake! Sad to see it has been a while since you've posted. Hope to see more from you and soon. Thanks!

BTW: hands down favorite line was: "you’re as pale as my legs in the middle of winter" followed by the image of Weir as super absorbent Bounty. oh, and "I hate to seem pushy, but I’m already starting to lose altitude here. I’m thinking…I’d better…order the first round." if i keep going i'll wind up quoting the whole story back at ya! thanks, redux!
togitnj chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
WOW. This was probably the single most vivid and potent bit of whumpage I've ever read. I also thought you absolutely NAILED Shep's voice, which I've yet to see done quite as well in situations like this. The one suggestion I have is that when you have a time lapse in the story, you need to indicate it somehow-draw a line or something. Because I came across those time lapses and didn't know they were there, and it threw me.

Anyway, keep writing! Your stuff's amazing!
Sheppy chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
Hey, I love all that Shep whumping! And I love infirmary scenes...

Great story!
Drakcir chapter 1 . 8/25/2005

Such a great story!

You write such great SG:A fics!

Please carry on writing, and soon!
Titan5 chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
I only recently discovered this site and your story. Totally awesome. A SUPER addition to my favorite episode so far. Descriptions were 'painfully' realistic. Great job!
Emma chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
Massive whumpage! I was practically on the edge of my seat wondering how much worse things were gonna get.
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
Oh, very nice! I got directed to this story by going to the 'favorites' section of someone who reviewed one of mine - I can't believe I missed this the first time around! Bravo!
Machaggis chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
That was really exciting and very well written! I always felt there shoud be more to that story. I'll have to check to see if you've written more sga, I sure hope so. If not...get busy!