Reviews for Return to Gaea
Eien-Kiseki chapter 8 . 5/11/2010
Beautiful, this fanfiction is the epitome of everything i ever imagined in a sequel or alternative ending to Escaflowne. I really enjoyed your Celena/Dryden pairing, Celena's depiction is especially fresh and humorous.

Since I started reading this fanfiction though, my absolute favorite has been your characterization of Van. You gave Van charisma and ability without changing his essential self, the defining points that made him Van, and not some stranger.

I always felt the ending of Escaflowne was deliberately vague about what type of connection Van and Hitomi were suppose to have, but since reading your fanfic it seems almost natural for them to simply be connected in the mind. But to read about the consequences of their connection, as well as their love that's as wide as the sea, it brought me nearly to tears. They are both so mature and logical about their eminent separation, accepting it even though its so painful because they know they can never live in the same world. At least the ending gave them a little space in between where they can meet each other. Although to me it still seem to be so little S But i guess they will have to make do with what they have.

Beautiful fanfiction, I'll never forget it.
yubima-chan chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
(1ยบ sorry for the english)

hi

i absolutli love this history i just end of read

i like all of it,(even if they dont stay togeter. but in a point, in their dreams theyre togeer)

bye, i dont know wath more to say, just than ill add to fav

now yes, bye
False-Image chapter 8 . 8/29/2009
I absolutely loved this story. It was so beautifully crafted.
insaneteacup chapter 8 . 7/7/2009
I don't know why you only have 61 reviews, and I don't know why I only just found your story now. In a way, I guess I'm thankful. The find is so much more satisfying after a long search.

I'm really, really content now, having read your version of a happily-ever-after. The flow of the story was well done, the plot not too heavy. There was just the right amount of mysticism in it, and the heart of the story was really about finding a happy ending.

There's not much more I can say. This will be the standard to which I'll hold all other Escaflowne stories against. I doubt I'd even be searching for other stories now that I've read yours, so content I am with it.

Thank you for the wonderful read.
solysal chapter 8 . 5/18/2009
I should really come up with something more coherent than, "Aw," shouldn't I?

I loved your characterizations, for one thing. The way Allen and Van's relationship changed after the war, Celena and Van's banter, Hitomi's whimsical sort of practicality.

As continuation stories go, I think this was pretty plausible, and it gave Van and Hitomi that bit of happiness that you've shown they've earned after all they've been through. Thanks for writing this!
knomless tripsalot chapter 8 . 10/8/2008
okay first of all, you're getting wayy too little reviews for this story. i thought it was wonderful. but then again, not everyone who reads reviews.

i do love how you reunited hitomi and van. it was very original and refreshing compared to the hitomi goes to gaea and stays or something. and i thought you stayed very true to the characters no OOC-ness and drifting. so kudos to that.

and gawd i can't put what i like about it into words, it was just...great.

i also love folken's role in it. again another true to character thing.

all in all i felt like this could be part of the anime, like...really.

D

oh and btw you have a few typos like "new" when it was supposed to be "knew" in chap six i think.

and formatting. but it's deal-able when you have a good fic like this.

looking forward to your other stories!
DarkAngelCharmer chapter 8 . 5/23/2008
I enjoyed you story but i really wish that Hitomi didn't have to go bake to earth especially when she has van heir to the throne inside of her. Kepp up the good work.
arysani chapter 8 . 5/11/2008
There is so much I love about this - it's a fabulous continuation.

However, since I'm writing this as I finish reading, the thing that sticks most in my mind that I want to thank you for is Allen discovering Celena's wedding band. That moment made me so happy.

And the characterization of Celena was totally different than what I would have done, but at the same time, it was wonderful. And I'm such a strong Dryden/Millerna shipper, but your reasoning was solid, and since Dryden is my favourite, and you did him justice, I'm happy with that too.

So well written, flows great. Thank you for writing this.
Ro0tin4Kagome chapter 8 . 12/23/2007
Wow. Incredible.

I read this one Escaflowne fic that made all others seems stupid and blan. But I guess I found one that actually beat it. Which let me say is a hard thing because I think it the best fic out of all I read. But I believe I can OFFICIALLY announce that this was the best fanfiction I have ever read.

It was just perfect. I loved everything about it.

I felt all the emotions and could see it in my head.

Also the little twists were something that you could only catch a paragraph before it unfolded.

Though the whole story was perfect in my eyes. The last thing that is bothering me is, will Van still have to marry and produce and heir or will their child rule? Because you did have his aunt say they take care of their own.

Well it doesnt really matter. But letme just say your 8 chapter story made a 45 chapter story look like a primary student wrote it.

D

r4k
Summercloud chapter 8 . 9/7/2007
Oh! This is so good! I know I've read this before-years ago, I think- but it was just as good this time around, if not more. Thank you so much for writing! I'm so glad I got the chance to enjoy this story once more.
Hiro-tyre chapter 1 . 5/13/2006
You're going to need a trophy cabinet for the number of Every Point awards you win. You win another one for best continuation ever. And I'm not even done reading it.
Lyds chapter 8 . 1/2/2006
I think I am honestly in love with your story. The ending is so whimsically beautiful!

Ek. And the plotline was interesting and very nicely developped! Honestly this was an excellent read and one of my favourite finds on It is also one of the VERY few where original characters were all perfectly welcome. I even found myself forgetting that Myra hadn't existed in the original storyline. ) Thank you for sharing this story!
Phoenix Satori chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
I am such a sucker for well-written fiction.

And Escaflowne, incidentally.

Huzzah!

Very nicely done, if I do say so myself.

_Satori
Mariaon chapter 8 . 9/28/2005
Oh perfect. So strange, so touching, so enchanting.
paxbanana chapter 8 . 7/2/2005
Oh, absolutely wonderful! I love your writing style; it's witty and humorous and also dark in the right places. The characters were well-done, and I really like the way you interpreted Celena's characterization.

Excellent story.