Reviews for The World Without Me
Dannel harry-draconis granger chapter 21 . 3/12
im sorry but the way u make pettigrew laugh has me dead like it's really funny to me for some reason but i love your fic it's one of the better no-slash fic
K. Silbern Nox chapter 33 . 3/10
Oh woooow! Amazing! Marvelous! Extraordinary! I just LOVED it! It was quite a ride reading this story last two days and thank you so much for writing it! Even though this story isn't perfect, it's still pretty close to it. I loved it that you let Harry be adopted by Padfoot and Moony! And about the vampire part.. simply wow! I loved it that you entailed little details here and there, and let even the 'unimportant' characters have names! Again thank you for this story! ~Nox
Bluewolf80 chapter 32 . 3/5
I loved your battle! It wasn'TOO awfully long and it was certainly action packed. I particularly enjoyed the dragon fight.

I'm not saying that it should have been gruesome but for a battle that involves so many creatures, there weren't many injuries described. Like giants stepping on injured people and killing them, vampires/werewolves ripping out throats, entrail expelling curses, or just the various wounds and burns from battle. Being detailed about the dead and injured on the battlefield brings it home for the reader. Describe the way the ozone from all the spell fire smells and the smoky dragon's breath. Describe how the breeze felt or how cold it was. These details also make Harry a little more human and relatable rather than just a war machine.

Once again, incredible job on this chapter! Great action scenes can be hard to pull off for many authors but you have consistently done a masterful job. Hope Harry's ok...
Bluewolf80 chapter 26 . 3/4
I like the way you are writing the centaur alliance. The unease, trust, admiration, common ground, admitting differences. It all works very well.
I hate it when an author writes, "Character marched into the Forbidden Forest, met the centaurs and agreed that they would all work together for World Peace". Of course I'm paraphrasing but I think you get my drift. They make it seem too simple!
Amu4ever chapter 2 . 3/4
Why didn't Harry consider that Godric Hollow being attacked most likely means that it was the past? That had explain the Nimbus, though it is still way more advanced than in his universe. Does that mean he is in the past? Or did the attack on Godrics Hollow happen later? But then that had imply that Lily, James and the others went to school later, which meant that they were born in a later year. This then would make the complete timeline different. Or is the broom development in this world simply faster? But then shouldn't have wondered about how young Rosmerta was?

And why does Harry have bad feelings against mice? Pettigrew was a rat not a mouse. There is a big difference there. One of which being the size.

Also, if Sirius is free and roaming around in this world why didn't anyone find his similarity to him suspicious? A close similarity to Sirius implies a close similarity to typical Black trades after all. Or are the Blacks not an Ancient and Noble House in this universe and that's why nobody questioned whether or not Harry is an illegitiame child of one of the Blacks?
Amu4ever chapter 1 . 3/4
Oh! Fawkes sacrificed his life for Harry! And his owl is still alive :)
FlowersBite chapter 2 . 3/3
So James and Lily still died in this world, wonder where Remus is.
FlowersBite chapter 1 . 3/3
This sounds good, since the Harry of that world died as an infant I wonder if James and Lily did as well and if the other Fawkes will let Dumbledore know about what is going on.
I had a strange feeling while reading the chapters. It was like every town or city was destroyed by Death Eaters and other dark creatures on his side. It really seemed like Hogwards was the last standing place, because you as the author keep gathering Voldemort's victims there, even Dursleys, who do not actually belong to the wizarding world. And I immediately had a question: Why they couldn't use portkeys to send wounded, children and Dursleys to some other places away from danger. Maybe even to other countries? Why put all those wizards, witches, muggles to danger? It really seemed like Hogwarts was on a lockdown. Because there was plenty of time to evacuate those who couldn't fight.
Most of the story seems to have obscene deviations of character, for example Malfoy calling Crabbe and Goyle "dopes" or Hermione laughing at with Ron's verbal have and Malfoy's burgeoning anger. There's also Harry's occasional lack of emotional control which seems very at odds with apparent high skill in occlumency and some scenes where I felt like you were just trying too hard to be dramatic, like with Harry's interruption of Malfoy's attempt at hexing Ron. I also found it difficult to read Harry's fleeing of the Death Eaters while carrying Nagini, she's pretty large snake, when he probably could have beaten them in a duel. As for it being too cold for Nagini to wander on her own, maybe a Warming Charm? Anyway these are just some of my most recent issues while reading this story, they're relatively minor but there's so many of them that it really got under my skin.
Ihatechoosinganame chapter 33 . 2/15
I really enjoyed this story, it is one of the better written different demention stories. Really well done
booksrmyworld chapter 33 . 2/13
Amazing book. Very different from the others. I had a blast reading such a splendid work. I really like your no nonsense way of writing and the way the story remained consistent throughout. Kudos to you!
Exzyne chapter 5 . 2/13
The writing is a bit cringy most of the time... Less ALL CAPS, less "trying to portray a mysterious facade", less overexaggerated feelings, less random outbursts of exposition at inappropriate situations. Basically less of everything. Tone the writing down a notch and reread the scenarios from a realistic perspective. Ask yourself if people actually acts as described in the story.

But I am sure you've already learned this, seeing how I am reviewing a chapter that was most likely released back in 2004.
Kristophela chapter 1 . 2/9
This is wrong this is wrong this is wrong. I'm adding it to my favorites.
TheTruffalo chapter 33 . 2/6
I love a big sappy happy amazing heart warming ending... Just loved this fic in general really.
5,338 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »