Reviews for Fighting Oblivion
dh2930 chapter 7 . 11/1/2011
I can't believe I have never read this before. I love going back to the old stories and uncovering a real gem. This was wonderful. You captured Bobby perfectly.
unicorn66 chapter 7 . 7/18/2010
so ... so, this is pretty intense, hey?

it's a gripping scene. i like the way you sketched out his motive and intention for 'chasing' her the way he does. he seems even a little bit afraid of how he reacts to her taunting and jibes.

and i think he behaves that way in the show - as if he's a bit afraid of her.

and i think he is strongly motivated by an urge to save her from herself, too.

(a sense about their chemistry which was more-or-less borne out in 'grow')

nice job! :)
unicorn66 chapter 6 . 7/18/2010
ooh - here's some yummy UST. i do love my B/A UST.

("and it's not entirely bad, this lightheadedness. - love this. kah-thunk.)

an excellent take on 'how she told him' - i can see it.
unicorn66 chapter 5 . 7/18/2010
yeah, i remember that day.

this is very sad.

i like that you have him partnered with Eames already. nice touch.
unicorn66 chapter 4 . 7/18/2010
you surprised me. i don't think i've ever read anything expressing Goren's (deeply conflicted) feelings around his father before (tho' i have 'memory problems' these days, too),

yet this is something important about him - as Nicole is fond of reminding us.

this is intensely 'touching'. i felt terrible for the loss of their potential relationship, the loss of at least one loving influence through his life. and the nerdy code - nice touch.
unicorn66 chapter 3 . 7/18/2010
hmmm ... nasty. Bobby's involuntary response to visions of Nicole, huh? kind-of 'hot' and 'icky' at the same time, just like their chemistry. well done!
unicorn chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
first of all, i am astonished to see that you published this in 2004. holy guacamole! i tip my hat to your shippy longevity.

this is chilling. all the blood and the glass in his fingers. (::shudder::) i think you've captured how terrifying life with a violent or masochistic mentally ill parent would be for a child.

i kind of saw him as young Carl Stargher in this (because of the perspective of hiding in the closet thing, i guess) have you seen that movie?

really like the ending - a child with a secret feels like this.
GraveDigger Resurrection chapter 7 . 1/11/2008
I just have to tell you what a beautiful work this is. Chapter five on 9/11 actually made me cry, and at first I couldn't understand why, but you just...you just captured that day so well. It was truly brilliantly done.

Also loved the Carver/Alex deal. Just great stuff.
TrinityWildcat chapter 7 . 7/7/2005
Wow, powerful stuff. Will more be forthcoming?
Marie chapter 1 . 12/6/2004
Really excellent, characters on target. Keep going.