Reviews for Loss of Self, Discovery of Truth
acorbett96 chapter 1 . 7/28
This was amazing! I absolutely love the way you portrayed each character, and the person's comment below sufficiently sums up my thoughts. Though, I disagree with the Mars thing, if they were that far into the future, it is indeed a possibility, especially with our recent technological advances. I agree that I hope you have more amazing ideas for this couple, and hell, even a KougaKagome story would be awesome from you!
Phoenix Miko chapter 25 . 10/21/2016
It's been a while since I seriously read a story that lasted more than three chapters and I'm glad this story broke that streak! I honestly love everything about this! There are minor mistakes that can easily be plot was phenomenal and intricately designed! When I saw the ending of Inu Yasha, it didn't sit well with me how "easily" resolved it was. It seemed like such a waste for it to have ended that way since I had expected more... Anyway, this was more than I had anticipated from just reading the summary! I was surprised how you've managed to give significant roles to characters who are often neglected, like Miroku and Kouga, in these kinds of stories. In my opinion, you've portrayed everyone beautifully. To me, they all acted true to how Takahashi-san created them. You've written Sesshomaru marvelously both as a human and as a demon. Shiro, I found a little annoying, even if he did mean well. Meeting Miroku's father and Izayoi in the Meidou was also a wonderful addition. I'm also impressed at how you weaved Chinese history into this, though I admit that I'm not familiar with most names, but it was refreshing in its uniqueness. I found that little tidbit about Mars slightly out of place, but it's only a minor matter. If anything, I was slightly sad when I didn't see any indication of Kagome and Sesshomaru having more children after Kilik. Well, I suppose they do have an eternity with each other to have more children if they desired. My only regret is that I didn't read this story sooner! May you be blessed with more ideas to share, especially about this particular couple! XD Thank you very much for this story!
Guest chapter 25 . 9/5/2016
Wow some powerful sons they got there. Lord of the Underworld eh? I really loved this story. You write well, got some brilliant plot and ideas, normally I'm not too much a fan of bringing the Chinese stuff into IY stories in feudal Japan but you did it very well, the twist on the Shikon's origins and tying that to Kagome was a wonderful unique idea. And I so loved Kilik. Thank you for sharing this lovely piece of work
Guest chapter 24 . 9/5/2016
Haha. Her Grandfather's name is Fa, Father's Fu. Must've been quite confusing. I LOVE this ending! Second chances...as things should've been! :)
Guest chapter 23 . 9/5/2016
It's scary how smart and serious Kilik is but he is still sooooo adorable! :) Higurashi Fa? So Kagome's part Chinese?
Guest chapter 22 . 9/5/2016
Sesshomaru on a crowded Japanese train... lol And Kilik is really adorable!
Guest chapter 21 . 9/5/2016
Yes, finally together! :)
Guest chapter 19 . 9/5/2016
Kilik is adorable! Sad how he's hidden away though with no friends...and sad that youkais also need to hide away... Why didn't Shiro tell Sesshomaru she was pregnant? He kept it a secret from him for 4 years and obviously has no plans to tell him...it's not right! Poor poor Sesshy, I don't blame him for being tired...he waits 500yrs...sees the girl come back then doesn't see her for years after that.

Puppy was a great idea! Love that he was watching over them
Guest chapter 18 . 9/5/2016
So after Inuyasha died, Sesshy took on his role of scouting with Koga and gave up his title to Shippo. Then Inuyasha must've died around the same time Kagome was born as that's when Sesshomaru gave up his title to Shippo. Just missed her...so sad. At least he did get to enjoy ramens again!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/5/2016
Aww Sesshomaru waited for her for 500yrs! :)
Guest chapter 16 . 9/5/2016
hahaha poor Shippo! Great way Sesshomaru handled Rin. I can't believe they left Kagura there though... lol
Guest chapter 15 . 9/5/2016
I was really lost for most of this chapter - felt like I missed a chapter somewhere. Last chapter - Kag, Sess, Koga were fighting the Band of Seven, Kagura rushes in with reinforcements, Sess gets absorbed into his true youkai self. Aim: Koga and Kagome to rescue Sess. Kagura: unexpected resident along for the ride. This chapter - suddenly Koga and Kagome are looking for Naraku, in Meido? Sess and Kagura presumably also looking for Naraku too? Then Naraku and Byakuya appears in Meido? Naraku offers his hand and Kagome takes his hand as he leads her deeper into hell? Inuyasha suddenly pops up as he's sent by Sess's mom but Inu also knows that Naraku's in hell also and that he must be defeated (so his aim is not to simply retrieve Sess, Kag, Koga and show them way back?).

I suppose Naraku could have found out that Kagome was in Meido, and maybe found a way to go to the Meido, and also arrange to have Byakuya join him there too - bit farfetched but okay. But how did Sesshomaru and Kagura and Koga and Kagome all of a sudden know Naraku's even there (two of them were merely sent to retrieve Sesshomaru) and start hunting Naraku down? Of the four, only PERHAPS Kagura knew (as incarnation perhaps she has an idea of where he is?) and Sesshomaru who MAY have smelt Naraku if he was nearby. I actually had to go back the previous chapter to make sure I didn't skip one...
Guest chapter 14 . 9/5/2016
I was feeling sad for Kagura...but loved her in action :) Also loving the smart chilled out Koga in your story, able to quickly accept Kagome's choice in another man. I'm not a Koga lover but I'm enjoying not seeing the usual brash hardheaded guy portrayed in many stories :)

A bit confused about Izayoi and Mitsurugi, how Sesshomaru even gave himself up to spare Izayoi from death...but they're dead already...
Guest chapter 10 . 9/5/2016
What a great idea to get Sesshomaru's arm! :) It's great that Kohaku's free and reunited with his sis though I doubt Sesshomaru would approve of Jaken taking Rin around...he should've left the girl safe in the castle
Guest chapter 5 . 9/5/2016
I love this chapter. You captured the conflicted, hurt Inuyasha really well but also loved how he was mature enough recognize his blessings and try to not gloat...I loved the development between the two brothers as they toiled together. And very well done portraying Yasha's paradoxical relationship with Kagome. I think you really caught his thoughts and conflicts really well.