Reviews for The Lost Magic
johnny.vick chapter 7 . 3/16/2013
more please tis a good story
Draeconin chapter 3 . 2/20/2009
Despite what should have been some very good scenes, I didn't find myself reacting to them as I felt I should have. Why? I finally figured it out: we're seeing everything from a distance. Thoughts, feelings, reactions... All of these are, for the most part, missing. It's all very two-dimensional. You have the beginnings of a very good story: now, give it some depth.
silverkitcat chapter 7 . 9/8/2005
Cool! Glad it wan't instant, everything's fine with Draco. Friendship takes work, not an instant decision. Keep up the good work!
fhippogriff chapter 7 . 6/8/2005
Enjoyed the chapter. For some reason, I especially liked the Draco and the Gryffindor table scene. I wanted to hear them talk about the Dark Arts book, when Dumbledore interrupted. Obviously, H is going to leaern some stuff from Draco this year, at the least, how to deflect curses. Looking forward to that, and to seeing what D has to say about Marietta's eyes.
Cat Calls chapter 6 . 6/8/2005
I had to stop here (halfway through this chapter) and give you a review, because I honestly think that was the best Sorting Hat Song I've heard since JKR's! So many good writers out there are lousy poets, but obviously you're not one of them. (personally, when it came time for me to write my own Sorting Song, I didn't put a whole heck of a lot of effort into it.) The only problem I'm having so-far, is the fact that you've chosen to focus entirely on the relationship part of the story, and the best mysteries throw some sort of tangible evidence into the plot.(I'm going with the assumtion that you wanted this story to be 'as JKR-like' as possible.) So far, I've been caught by the relationships, but there are very few 'good' mystery stories out there that don't eventually need a bloody knife (or something like that)to get the characters thinking about something other than themselves. Keep writing, and I'll keep reviewing. (Besides, you might have already done that in later chapters. If so, ignore me, I'm useless.)
nessime-lisen chapter 7 . 6/7/2005
"with Snape tomorrow" Dumbledore always calls Snape, 'Professor Snape' or 'Severus' mostly the former to a student. Not a huge deal, but you might consider changing it.

That said, excellent chapter! I liked the Potions class and the interaction between Harry and Draco during lunch. Harry's conversation with Dumbledore was well-done and I adored the ending. Harry really does deserve the chance to be a teenager periodically.

Cheers!

Julie
nessime-lisen chapter 6 . 6/4/2005
Excellent writing. I really like the interaction between Harry and Draco and Harry and his other friends. The sorting was excellently done as was Harry's visionish thing at the end and Dumbledore's interaction with Harry (both at the end and the beginning). Keep up the good work, I look forward to your next update.

Cheers!

Juie
Rheniel chapter 6 . 5/11/2005
Awesome chapter! But... what on earth was that thing with Marietta?
LiLy MaLfOy13 chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
love your story it is really good
ginoeh chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
Your story has intrigued me greatly so far.

Keep up your good work! I'm hoping to read more from you soon. :D

cheers ginoeh
Sun Kissed Rose chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
I love Draco so much. *Smiles* Anyway, good job. Awaiting your update
serious.effort chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
Good chapter. *looks at clock* I'd give you a longer chapter but time isn't with me. I love it!

Continue soon.

'till the next

-exile
Tankred chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
Ouch, sometime you should do it like in another fic I read, can't remember which, where Harry got so much of Voldemort's anger channeled through him that he threw his head back and let out a roar of total anger in the middle of class.
fhippogriff chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
Well, the interesting stuff starts happening during the welcoming feast. Marietta Edgecomb's eyes-that was creepy.

I like how Ron looks to Harry when Dumbledore does something unusual. The interaction between those two-Harry is the leader. Harry would probably deny it. But you have Ron looking to Harrym, little actions like that are what make stories to rich.

And I guess Slytherin is going to turn on Draco.

Looking forward to more!
EJC chapter 5 . 5/3/2005
This is brilliant. Good idea, and I like the developing friendships between Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco. Keep up the good work.