Reviews for After the Storm
Crismebella chapter 18 . 12/15/2011
Very good. Very good. Enjoyed it a great deal. I like your "Power that he has not", cool.
jules3677 chapter 18 . 12/4/2011
Wonderful 18 chapters. Very interesting & enjoyable read. Thankyou for such a time with the HP characters. Impressed with your Jane character, she was a very welcome surprise.
teehee chapter 18 . 3/26/2011
third time reaqding this fic, still love it!
bookivore chapter 18 . 9/28/2009
I really like this fic and highly recommend it. It ties up most of the loose ends after OOTP and provides a suitable fate for most of the characters - in particular Lucius Malfoy's and Umbridge's fate suited their 'classy' evil and disgusting evil histories. I am impressed that you picked out Snape's taking on the DADA position pre-HBP and his higher familiarity with muggles than most wizards. As in most fanfic Snape ended up deeper and more important than JKR let him be in canon, where he basically ended up as impotent as Wormtail, however JKR did not allow any of her characters to make real decisions including her puppetmaster Dumbledore. (As far as the train scene that another reviewer complained about, my main problem with it is that we were never given any indication that the Hogwarts Express did anything but sit at the platform between trips, so the fear that Harry would be run over rested upon Fudge's word, a very weak foundation.)
Half-drowned Dracula chapter 3 . 7/27/2009
Having read this, I have to say that it's just about the only convincing 'Snape's Daughter' fic I have ever read, but I had to review on this chapter, because I love you for the Monty Python references in it. Inspired!
honore chapter 18 . 3/2/2008
Wow! That is all I can say. We are not worthy oh great one. I loved every word. Thanks
chocytwo chapter 18 . 12/26/2007
hi realy loved this just woundering eventhough i know it is a long shot but is there a sequal as i feel as thogh it was finished quiet a whille ago i feel it was left open for a sequal;)
Pikipiki chapter 18 . 12/4/2007
As you can see from my email address, I'm an editor/proofreader by trade. I want to put on both hats at once and send my congratulations to someone who can WRITE! (And spell too, but that's not as important as the writing - however, good spelling and grammar greatly promote ease of reading.)

I've read more of the Harry Potter Fanfiction than I care to admit, especially as they are so often appallingly badly written. The pleasure of reading a tale of comprehensive length, and one that blends drama, forward narrative and wit, is so rare that never before have I sent a review such as this. There was the occasional slip - the Harry on the railway track episode was too, too reminiscent of the old silent movie melodrama I thought - but there were so many ingenious ideas used and well-developed (Jane, the chess set, Tonks, Hedwig owl/cat) that were very, very impressive. You can write and you can discipline yourself to develop plot and character, and then to complete the project.

So as well as congratulations, I'd like to send the message: keep writing. More HP writing if you enjoy it, because Fanfiction readers certainly will. But please write your own original material as well. No doubt you will re-read this particular novelette in a few years' time and decide it isn't nearly as good as you thought at the time (because you will have developed your skills further). That's natural. Just remember - you really can write.

Congratulations once again and best wishes - Pikipiki
Anterastilis chapter 18 . 11/24/2007
I quite enjoyed this story. Your characterization of Snape is good. I even liked his daughter. I realise that this story is a couple of years old now, but if you ever get it into you to edit it, I wanted to note that the punctuation for comments is off at times - missing periods or question marks, that sort of thing. In addition, the action gets confusing at times because there are transition points missing. The story is good, the execution could just do with a bit of polishing.

At any rate, I really did enjoy the story. I liked the relationship between Harry and Snape, and even between Snape and Tonks. They all kinda melded into a family by the end, and it just worked.
piwqefjk chapter 18 . 11/22/2007
This story was great - I really enjoyed it.
MarbleGlove chapter 16 . 9/18/2007
You do like having people get eaten, don't you? Of course, that tendency of yours is undoubtedly one of the reasons I love you. This is such an awesome story.

"About the only thing I can say in favor of my life expectancy is that it probably exceeds yours". Ah, the career moves of aspiring dark lords. This story is fabulous in so many, many ways.
MarbleGlove chapter 15 . 9/18/2007
I love the story of the muggle troops deciding that the dark lord was "a bit of a prat" and quite "ill-informed". Which he really is. Magic may give wizards an ace in the hole, but it's not automatic superiority in a fight. I am delighted to see this play out with soldiers.

Although now I am incredibly curious to see what was really going through Salazar Slytherin's mind when he had the argument he did. With a reputation for being sneaky, it's hard to even start guessing.
MarbleGlove chapter 13 . 9/18/2007
I have never liked Lucius Malfoy before but you make him heartbreakingly sympathetic without ever making him any less cold and cruel than canon shows him. My heart aches.
MarbleGlove chapter 9 . 9/18/2007
Okay. Now I really want that chess set.
MarbleGlove chapter 6 . 9/18/2007
I love your Severus. And any gift that needs the warning "And remember... you have to sleep sometime" is just like him. Perfect. And I think I want that chess set.

Plus he manipulated Minerva beautifully, although it took me re-reading the passage a couple of times before he I figured out that he just got himself the DADA position.