Reviews for Duty & Honor: an Always a Ranger series
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 16 . 2/5/2012
DAMN...

Now THAT is cool!

Admittedly, it sucks that the Space Rangers are either dead or crippled, but that just adds to the scale of the threat facing them in the end; I mourn for the characters, but I appreciate the drama, to say the least.

The opening chapter created an excellent picture of the quiet life the Rangers have been enjoying since the wedding- I admit that I appreciated the Conner/Kira elements most, but you did have some interesting ideas about the academic challenges the teen members of the team were facing-, and the subsequent appearance of the new villain created a highly dramatic and engaging picture of the current crisis while also introducing some very promising-looking new henchmen/minions that lack some of the most obvious weaknesses of the traditional footsoldier while still being obviously generic creations (Thus raising the obvious concern of just how powerful this guy is if he has something that can’t be touched as general warriors).

The twist about the villain’s identity was particularly brilliant, giving the crisis an excellent personal touch that I wish the show would include at some point; Thrax might have made an interesting ‘blast from the past’, but Zordon’s death marked such a crucial shift in the whole context of the series that it’s almost a crime that nobody’s ever followed that up by exploring how others outside the Rangers reacted to his demise, given his implied status as such a figurehead of good (Auric’s line about how all who do good know of Zordon, as an example).

Kim’s miscarriage added a uniquely personal touch to the emotional crisis that the Rangers were going through at this time- even if a part of me had to wonder why Xondar didn’t try a larger-scale attack while the team were one man down-, and the twist regarding the origin of their new powers was excellent, with everything being plausibly explained and the team’s reaction to it being very realistic, to say nothing of the subsequent quest being rather elegant in its simplicity.

Kind of sucks that the rest of the old guard didn’t get a chance to say goodbye, but given that Tommy, Kim and Billy were the three consistently longest-running Rangers- Jason did get a two-year ‘break’, even if I still liked him well enough-, if anyone deserved that chance, it’s them.

Plus, hey; the subsequent view of their futures shown in Tommy’s journal was definitely effective.

Keep up the great work!
MaxKnight1010101 chapter 16 . 8/24/2010
This was an amazing story. I'm truly impressed with all you were able to work into it, and it all meshed together so well. Watching them struggle... the pain and loss simply making them stronger in the end, and happy endings all the way around.

You should feel proud of this. It was an honor reading it.
paper.creations chapter 16 . 1/24/2010
-claps-

Fabulous! I loved it :) I was so surprised that it ended after only sixteen chapters, though. It was crazy short compared to Once A Ranger, Always A Ranger :D

I loved...all of it. The tragedy of the failed pregnancy, how they worked through it, the twist of re-introducing Zordon, which just about made my life, and the final confrontation with Xondar, with the Rangers telling him that they were, in fact, the true embodiments of what it means to be a Ranger. A great way to end the series.

And I loved the epilogue. It was nice to see how everything played out in a kind of time lapse :)

I'm going to miss the Always a Ranger series! It definitely made me want to watch Dino Thunder, which I haven't. That'll be next on my list, once I pound back the massive three seasons of MMPR -shakes head- Such a hassle to re-watch.

I can definitely why fanfiction of this series has popped up all over the place. It's an amazing story arc, with endless possibilities.

I've started reading Legends and Heroes :) I just couldn't help myself. And (just saying this before I forget) I love how you made her the Purple Ranger. Kim's a lot more...bitter, I suppose. I think it kind of fits her. Well, maybe not bitter, just...desperate to move on.

Oh, a question! Your display icon on your fanfic profile page; was there actually a pink ranger in the dino thunder, or was that an amazing manipulation? I love cruising through your site just to see all the epic banners you've made. I'm all shades of jealous :)

Loved the fics!

-Maggie
Ghostwriter chapter 16 . 9/30/2009
Awesome job. Catch ya on the flip side.
jedaib chapter 16 . 9/18/2008
both stories were AWESOME! :-D

CONGRATULATIONS! :-D

YOU DID A REALLY, TRULY, AMAZING, AND INSPIRING JOB WRITING THESE STORIES! :-D

keep up the really awesome and amazing writing! :-D
jedaib chapter 10 . 9/13/2008
i can describe it (ie. what's going on) in one word: SWET! :-D

(AWESOME TURN OF EVENTS. KEEP UP THE REALLY AWESOME WRITING! :-D )
jedaib chapter 6 . 9/9/2008
oh shit..

if i recall correctly, that only happens to women when something REALLY BAD happens (like, losing a baby).

i sure hope Kimberly didn't lose her [and Tommy's] baby :-(
jedaib chapter 5 . 9/8/2008
well, at least Kimberly realized that both SHE was right in what she was saying (that "what if something bad happened to Tommy, and then she would end up having to raise that baby all by herself without a father") and that TOMMY was ALSO RIGHT in what HE was saying (that "what if something bad happened to Kimberly, and/or the baby, and/or she got hit or beat-up really badly by something and/or someone and/or something, and/or because of the trauma she suffered, they lost the baby?").

it's good that Kimberly is now seeing both perspectives and both points of view, and can make a much better and more educated decision about what to do.
jedaib chapter 4 . 9/6/2008
the fact that Kimberly was pregnant, i sort of had a feeling about it first.

but: who the bad guy was, what was his name, what was he doing there, where was he from, etcetera etcetera, i NEVER would have guessed it!

WOW. just...WOW.

i wish that Xondar understood EXACTLY WHY his brother died, and WHY is it that Zordon is now dead (not to mention WHY Zordon got trapped in the time-warp in the first place!)
jedaib chapter 3 . 9/6/2008
i have a feeling that Kimberly is pregnant...
EmmaLeigh325 chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I love all your fics, you are a truely talented writer. Thanks for some amazing stories :) Emma
White-Knight-1988 chapter 16 . 8/26/2007
Great story. I thorougly enjoyed it, especially the epilogue which I think was something completely fresh and new that no other writer has done. Overall, I absolutely loved the story and I'm hoping that there is a sequel to this story.
Kouen Keibo chapter 16 . 7/1/2007
I didn't really like the end of the series, but at the same time I think you did the series a great justice in the way that it ended.
Riker15 chapter 16 . 4/12/2007
Awesome
THE UNKNOWN chapter 16 . 4/10/2007
GOOD STORY. I READ D&H AND AAR ON YOUR WEBSITE AND I GOTTA SAY IM IMPRESSED, THOUGH PERSONALLY I PREFER KIRA/TRENT OVER KIRA/CONNER.