Reviews for Harry Potter and the Final Straw
Dragon Prime chapter 7 . 7/11
Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
EEKtheCat chapter 32 . 7/7
I will say, you are the first actual "Hermione bashing" author I've found that hasn't created stuff out of thin air. I could see all of the things that Harry & Co. hold against her being exactly what she did already (canon-wise).

I like Hermione when written in fanfic as a strong character who ISNT a goody two shoes who nags all of the time. Honestly I don't really care for Canon Hermione all that much just bc it seemed like she would be one of those people who I would NEVER get along with.

So this story has been GREAT!
mckertis chapter 7 . 6/22
This is borderline retarded. "Oh please dont use guns or everyone will hate you. A gun will likely save your life, but you're better off dead than disgraced for using a muggle weapon."
BookLover120 chapter 35 . 6/4
I just wanted to let you know , that this book was amazing and i loved it but I wished you didn't have to make me cry as much as I did, but I forgive you. :-)
i just wanted to let you know how much i loved this story. i started reading it on a whim and it completely took over two days (work and meals becoming a necessary evil :P). the narrative, plot line and realistic characters held me completely captivated. reading this story was a wonderful (and at times, heartbreaking) way to spend two days, so thanks for writing the story and putting it on the site.
Ada1229 chapter 35 . 5/16
I cried when Molly Arthur and Remus died. Its sad that Luna died too, but I'm glad Harry finally did get his happy ending after all
This killed my emotions
Aright chapter 1 . 4/17
Read it all The way through and It's not awful. But the long speeches are not really Needed and feel forced and tedious, you don't have to make the characters name the person they're speaking to in every single sentence.. It makes them sound like asshats.

Overall pretty good try though , even If i'm generally more of a hermione and snape fan than ginny and ron.
Ipswichiian chapter 23 . 3/29
Although I enjoy this story this last chapter is unfortunate. Torture on debases whoever indulges in it and can never really be justified in my view. For revenge purposes it is particularly unacceptable as it has no purpose such as saving others who might otherwise be saved.
GeorgeTobor chapter 22 . 3/28
The way JKR "redeemed" Snape was about as well thought out as the Ron/Hermione match.
It showed her as a poor writer who had one great idea and good marketing to sell her books.

Molly and Arthur dead? I have not seen it done much, but it is war.
GeorgeTobor chapter 12 . 3/27
Albus is a dark lord.

He is the worst of all dark Lords, one who cloaks his evil by claiming it is for the greater good.

Tom deprives people of freedom by enslaving them or killing them.

Albus is more subtle but just as bad.
Volturi forever chapter 4 . 3/16
Dobby's speaks in a third person as in "Dobby like socks" said dobby
hagrid51 chapter 10 . 3/18
The classic Mexican stand off! Nice and legal an all..That greasy git. I don't care what Dumbledore did fer me, I couldn't stand 'im doing som'matt like this ter "Arry . Sorry, even after I've read this time and time again, it still upsets me.
ch34 title: its (possessive)
Kniepinja chapter 35 . 2/20
Really good story. I especially loved all of the duels and the final battle - they showcased amazing planning and were brilliantly executed by the author, making them basically work of art. The attention to the details all through the story was also great.
I find it amazing, that more than a year before the Deathly Hollows came out, this author predicted, that the final confrontation would take place in Hogwarts and would involve such massive numbers of Death Eaters.
The only reason this story doesn't rank among the top 10 fanfics I've ever read, is that by the end the personal connection of the reader and the characters was somewhat diminished. But as far as final battles goes, this was definitely one of the best I've ever read, and that includes non-fanfiction final battles of different stories too.
2,147 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »