Reviews for Harry Potter and the Final Straw
Wulffe chapter 35 . 18h ago
Very good story .. even though I was a bit "miffed" about Luna dieing, I understood it was part of the storyline and accepted it as that .. (my favorite pairings are Harry either with Hermione or Luna, or both!)

;-}

Once again, very good story you wrote .. thank you ..
Vicantis chapter 16 . 4/11
okay, gotta say the private talk between Harry, Ron, and Hermione just hit painfully close for me. kinda winced when i finished reading it. but that is very much a good thing. nice job.
NarutosBrat chapter 8 . 4/6
I'm curious, did this and Brave New World get taken down, and reposted? As I'm reading this again, it seems like there's a lot of details missing from these versions that were in the ones I originally read.
NarutosBrat chapter 7 . 4/6
Y'know, after reading HBP, I have to disagree with Bill being willing to stand up to his mother. Seriously, he was engaged to Fleur, and yet she and Bill were sharing a room with Ginny and Ron respectively, rather than with each other. Not only that, but the fact that he didn't bother at all to tell his mother to stop trying to hook him up with Tonks, or someone SHE thought appropriate is just sad. To be honest, I'm surprised that Fleur didn't say anything about it.

Shouldn't it be Fred and George had been working on him since summer STARTED, rather than since summer ENDED?
NarutosBrat chapter 10 . 4/5
So, I wonder if anyone has mentioned that for a wizard, sticking your wand in your front pocket is an even bigger no no than sticking it in the back pocket. Sure, losing a buttcheek is bad, but there are far more important things that can be lost if a wand goes off in the front pocket.
Romanicus Domitor chapter 2 . 3/18
I like how you don't just make harry automatically smart you start to build up his suspicions
Per the later books, his canon first name is Xenophilius (SP?)
Just and FYI: Per the book, Dumbledore didn't actually hire Umbridge; she was appointed at the insistence of the Ministry.
Just an FYI for you: In either "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" or "Quidditch Through the Ages" JKR states that a Galleon is worth 5 GBP, which, at the time, was worth 8 USD. Great story!
missgsmith51 chapter 35 . 3/5
Good story. Although most of the good guys seem to find happiness, ther is a somber undertone. I think Harry was damaged by the lives he had to take and the friends he lost.

I agree that Dumbledore and the Ministry were responsible for the point things had reached by the time Bill and the new Trio began to take over. If Dumbledore had allowed Snape to be questioned under Veritaserum much of what happened never would have happened. That, I think, is where the worst error lay. Why didn't he obliviate Snape of the prophecy knowledge? He sure obliviated anyone else who crossed him. If that prophecy had never been given to Voldy, none of this might have happened.

If Sirius had been given a trial, the issue of Peter Pettigrew would have been taken seriously. He probably would have been hunted down and executed. Voldy may or may not have been reborn if Peter hadn't been there to get him to that point.

If the Ministry had responded hard and heavy against all DEs named by Harry immediately after the "rebirth," there would have been, perhaps, 50 DEs to handle instead of 500. If they had been questioned under Veritaserum and either properly incarcerated or sent through the Veil where appropriate, the forces might never have been built up.

Dumbledore's errors, I think, set up the circumstances that allowed the other things to happen. Sad when someone has so much power and misuses it so badly.
missgsmith51 chapter 32 . 3/5
Well, two more of Voldy's idiots down. I hope they send them through the Veil. Too bad it wasn't Malfoy ... although he might not have missed.
missgsmith51 chapter 31 . 3/5
Well, this chapter was a bit more fun with the duels and weddings.

I have to say, the idea of a Voldemort, Jr. - aka Little Snakeface - totally creeps me out. The idea of a big Voldemort as a husband is even creepier. I could see Bella going this route, as she's pretty darn creepy herself; but Narcissa surprised me a little. I thought aesthetics (the groom really should have a nose) would be somewhat important to her.
missgsmith51 chapter 29 . 3/5
Once again, that was an unpleasant chapter. It does seem as if the pro-dark students (mainly Slytherin) are managing to undermine their own numbers with their behavior. I just hope no innocents die while they're doing whatever it is they're doing.

I worry about Harry. I'm surprised, with his tendency to have nightmares, that he hasn't had some whoppers since Christmas. Killing Snape was a gruesome business. I can only assume he considered it to be justice for his parents, Sirius, and Remus. Still, I wish someone else had done the deed.
missgsmith51 chapter 28 . 3/5
About the Marauders Map ... I remember reading that Harry saw Dumbledore pacing in his study, but I can't remember the book. (This could also be fanfic contamination.) I feel quite sure the Marauders "visited" DD frequently during their time at Hogwarts), so the part of his office that they could see would have been there. Having said that, the RoR is not on it (that's how Draco keeps disappearing in HBP), so it's possible that a "hidden" room in DD's office also might not show.

I thought perhaps Percy would decide killing innocent, unarmed people wasn't his thing. *sigh* I expect he will be required to kill family members next. :(
missgsmith51 chapter 27 . 3/5
Perhaps Firenze would be willing to teach archery.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised about Percy. Disappointed, yes; surprised, no. I had thought he was smarter than that, but sometimes jealousy and wounded pride cloud one's thinking. I fear Percy will be a "throwaway," or expendable, servant to Voldemort. If something goes wrong with a plan or mission, it will all land on him. Draco, it seems, is almost sliding into a similar position. Voldemort seems well aware of Draco's shortcomings.

I wonder what Draco will say when he learns that his mother is slated to bear Voldy's heir ... that it won't be Draco himself? I wonder how many of his own family Percy will kill?
1,985 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »