Reviews for Temperance
Immokk chapter 17 . 1/24/2005
Well, I read the not so nice reviews and I agree with where they're coming from but not the actual sentiment. I like the story, I have alerts set up for this one.

I like Erik, he isn't a nice guy... generally. He has his moments of humanity. As most people do. And I think that is key. Mostly he is idolised as a romantic character... which, in a lot of ways, he is. I like the way he is in 'White Mask' Because he is soft with an edge of hardness.

I love the charcter in 'Demons'- By Wandering Child... fabulous story. He is so cold but so... perfect in many ways.

And I love YOUR portrayal... he is human and he is dark and it is nice to see this contrast in some stories for once. I personally like a nice gooey Erik... but sometimes you need a change.

However, From Christines perspective I would never stay with a man who had abused me this way... but love works in some very strange ways!

I'm looking forward to an update.
phtmangl1013 chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
Good job
TamokoSanjii chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
Read chapter 16 yesterday and 17 today...

I've seen the not so nice reviews but to each her own, you know?

I really like the way that Erik's unfolding. I think you've actually done an excellent job at keeping him as in character as possibly while still wanting to express him through your own eyes and writing ability...(more so than most all the other POTO stories I've read thus far). You know that I see Erik through more.. different dimensions... that most people do: and I can totally see where' you're coming from as far as certain parts of him coming to light more so than the characteristics we all might (or most of us) hold in opinion as "THEE Erik."

Very nice job- and yes I see a few grammatical errors, but hey, I've probably spelled a few words wrong already in this post ;)

Keep up the awesome work- I love it so much! Can't wait to see where it's going to go! (And btw I love how you incorporated the Tarot into the story... Thank you! ;) )
Senna Wales chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
I have to admit, I enjoyed this chapter far better than the past two. I think what I liked best was how suddenly we get to take a step back and see Erik for what he really is. He's not the enigmatic, mysterious, powerful man he leads us on to be. I really like Nadir's dialogue.. So insightful and enlightening. From Erik's and Christine's POV, Erik is an amazing genius, esp. with his Don Juan opera.. Yet through Nadir, we see that in reality Erik's not living his potential, that he can do much better than lurk about underground and kidnap his brother's fiance. I really like how all the mental, emotional, and psychological walls that Erik has built are FINALLY being torn down. Erik cries, he's not thinking like a psychopath.. The tension has been building the past couple of chapters, and this chapter is a nice release of all that tension. :) :)
Butterflied777 chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
Love the story as usual, and may I assure you that I love this Erik as is, and can't wait to see what more happens. ;)
Wandering Child chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
dark, powerful, and brilliant...Im so glad that you gave us this dark Erik...so many other writers give us nothing but fluff, and I would have to imagine that a man so badly abused as he was would have definite scars to show for it. Wonderful. The part about no happy endings? Yeah, Kay would be proud
asjk chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
I love your interpretation of Erik and the twist in this story. Just a few minor spelling erroes. Distain is disdain. Nothing that takes away from the actual great content of the story. Do update when you can.

Kind regards.
runtus maximus chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
Beautiful.
Aisling-Siobhan chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
aw! poor Erik... let him go back for Christine tho- :D even if the boys dont sort out their differences :D cya x

Aisling x
Sat-IsisSuten Net chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
"Somehow I believed that none of us could be happy for the rest of our lives." Excellent!

Just wanted to let you know I'm enjoying this story, in case I've not already reviewed.
No One Mourns the Wicked chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
Well, I for one love the Erik you've created. This chapter was great, except of course for the whole, 'let us pity Raoul' thing, just because I can't stand him regardless. Update soon, I need a wedding!
Erik'sTrueAngel chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
I'm glad Nadir was there to get Erik to think straight. And I'm glad Christine stayed. I think she truly does love him more than Raoul. And I was so sad and happy that his mother left that scarf with the mask inside for him. I hope things turn out better for Erik. Sorry Raoul but Erik deserves Christine more than you. Update soon please!
Quiet2885 chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
This is the first time I've reviewed this story, though I have been reading it. Let me say that you are an excellent writer and that this story is very enjoyable. Your Erik is probably darker than any Erik I have seen, making him sometimes a little bit out of character. (The Coffin!) On the other hand, some fics have made Erik much nicer than he really is, so why not have a story in the opposite direction? Good job!
Witchy-grrl chapter 17 . 1/23/2005
Oh my god...That was perfect...Absolutely perfect...Nadir ripping into Erik...Christine STILL there...Raoul's letter...And that scarf, my GOD...All the images...Erik's reactions...I LOVED IT!

Personally, I love your interpretation of Erik. I can totally picture him this way, and it fits. I look forward to more!
Anna399 chapter 17 . 1/23/2005